Reign - The Mafia Game Thread - English Mafia Win!

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Well you continue to ignore the facts before you as well, so. Pretty much deciding to ignore your input now since you're being willfully blind. (or just really obvious scum.)

• If I wanted you dead, I'd be voting for you and not Othero. But keep OMGUS'ing.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    And Othero is of House Bourbon, not England. That's a fact by our dead investigator (Vivet) that you continuously ignore
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Tekora said:
    It is NOT obvious not he is the King. He could easily be Elizabeth as far as we know and you could be the third Mafia. That's MY gut instinct, but Ssaliss' claim has squared my suspicion on him. I think Ssaliss' is lying, SOLELY BASED on the fact that he's saying there's only one Protestant left.

If that's true, and Synkarin and Chirbo are confirmed Protestant, and Chirbo was innocent, then that means that we started with only two English Protestants in our group of 16.

And Ssaliss is claiming religion investigator. 

Celina, I know you're not stupid, look past my aggressive style and look at the FACTS.
    Hold your horses, I never said that there was only one Protestant left. You were the one who came to that conclusion. I listed the people I had investigated and confirmed as Catholic, for all I know there could be Englishmen lying about who they are on Ushaara's list of "people on the French court". It doesn't really matter much in the end though; as I said, I don't really expect to survive the night, so at that point you'll know for sure I'm the Pope. Or was.

Also, curse this insomnia.
    I lend an ear to the Pope like any god-fearing woman ought to. I wonder if that's flavour relating to my religion, or a hint to trust the pope? Hmm.

(@Sylandra is an evil genius, I swear. My brain is in knots.)

• So Lavinya is Catholic? 
    Yes.

• Why would Diane be Catholic and Bash pagan? Makes no sense to me given what I know about my character.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    @Othero what religion are you? Silvanus' history lesson earlier suggested Protestantism for Navarre? Converting to Catholic when House Bourbon took the throne?
  • Celina said:
    @Othero I want you to lastvote Falmiis. 

Will you agree to it?

Falmiis hasn't addressed my questions regarding the nature of his kill power, and it's already dubious as is. 
    I'm a little nervous on that just because if he is not lying about his power then there goes my win. Out of the 2 who I find suspicious I'd prefer to lynch Tekora. Especially as I think there is merit that Tekora's win condition involves killing the king, it explains the sloppy play.
  • Othero said:
    I'm a little nervous on that just because if he is not lying about his power then there goes my win.
    You have good reason to be nervous.
  • It baffles my mind why people keep suspecting me when I've been confirmed Town. 

Once upon a time, players were smart enough to realize that when someone had pushed for someone to be lynched for three days and flips as scum that THEY WERE TOWN.

Accusing me of being scum at this point is a scum tell, and a desperate one at that.
  • I'm just going to post LYNCH OTHERO at this point until it sinks into your heads or we lose. Probably the latter.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I hope we lose just because of your attitude and/or strategy. You are not confirmed town. Othero is Navarrem, not English mafia.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    8-|

• Yeah sure, blame me and not you and everyone else blindly following Synkarin like he's the Pyed Piper. 

• Currently trying to play catch-up. Just to make sure I have everything straight, I'm going to quick sketch out how the game would have looked at the beginning, assuming everyone who claimed what they have claimed is telling the truth. (ha)

English Mafia (1/16)
    - Synkarin - Robert Dudley - Protestant - Historical/Season 3 (Confirmed by death)

France (9/16)
    - Chirbo - Castleroy - Protestant - Seasons 1-2 (Confirmed by death)
    - Yarith - Nostradamus - Catholic - Historical/Seasons 1-3 (Confirmed by death)
    - Shaddus - Duke of Guise - Catholic - Historicalish/Seasons 1-2 (Confirmed by death)
    Silvanus - King Henry II - Catholic - Historical/Seasons 1-2 (Not sure what further confirmation would persuade those still unpersuaded)
    - Celina - Queen Catherine - Catholic - Historical/Seasons 1-3 (Admittedly only confirmed by Synkarin, but high probability of existing)
    - Lavinya - Diane de Poitiers - Catholic? - Historical/Seasons 1-2 (Very likely to be true)
    - Ushaara - Francis - Catholic - Historical/Seasons 1-3 (High probability of his existing in the game)
    - Falmiis - Sebastien - Pagan - Seasons 1-3 (I would have expected him to be in the game)
    - Tekora - Princess Claude - Catholic - Seasons 1-3 (Claimed pretty early, but a fairly minor character)

Mary/Scotland (4/16)
    Vivet - Mary Queen of Scotts - Catholic - Historical/Seasons 1-3 (Confirmed by death)
    Luce - Marie de Guise - Catholic - Historical/Seasons 1-3 (Confirmed by death)
    Allyrianne - Lady Lola - Catholic - Seasons 1-3 (I know this to be true)
    Kiradawea - Clarissa - Enigma - Seasons 1-2 (Confirmed by death) 

Other (2/16)
    Ssaliss - Pope - Catholic - Historical/Mentioned in Seasons (Reasonable power/role in a game where religious factions play an important role)
    Othero - Antoine of Navarre - Catholic(?) - Historical/Seasons  (Confirmed as Navarran by Vivet)

• Personally I think Sylandra should be lynched because I still have no idea who is English.
  • Vivet said:
    Kiradawea said:
    Oh. I almost forgot. @Vivet you're saying that Othero has a uniform from Navarre right? The only guy from Navarre I could find was this guy.

If there are no other guys from Navarre in the show, then that makes Othero suspicious as well.
    This is why I'm starting to hate the flavour for this game. This is not the same as the other article I found on the same character initially, and paints him in a much more unpleasant light.

I had been thinking Othero could be this guy instead, too: http://reign-cw.wikia.com/wiki/Louis_Condé

Which is even more unnerving.

I'm not interested in name claiming, because I am a Scot. There are bound to be a limited number of Scots running around, and outing too many of them might make it all too easy to deduce who Mary is. Especially with Marie dead. Maybe I am Mary myself! Maybe I am not. I'd rather make the scum guess.

So come on, @Othero, why don't you tell us more about yourself too? I may be very paranoid of any apparent Englishman, but you're far from off the hook.

• I'm just going to go back into discussion from earlier days and post stuff that supports why we need to lynch Othero. Hitting the quote button is easier than typing on my phone.
  • Tekora said:
    I'm sticking with my Synkarin = Consigliere theory. He's a safe lynch in my eyes. 

We should consider who else here might be implicated with him though. A thorough look back at Day 1 and 2 actions sounds like a good idea.
    Also a reminder that I WAS ALWAYS RIGHT, because reasons.
  • I keep waffling between thinking that Tekora is just playing incredibly antagonistically and unwilling to back down from people who have played the game "wrong" (although there were reasons to vote for Kiradawea over Synkarin if you thought she could kill and he couldn't) and thinking that we have too many French claims and the most likely false claims still living are Tekora's and Falmiis's. Or both.

Then there's the Others. I don't know what to make of them either.

Or the fact that Diane is going historical with her religion, while Bash is pagan when in the show he seems to be practicing Catholic.
  • Ushaara said:
    I would say not a strong claim, there's a danger in assuming that show canon will be reflected here in game, but show canon for Antoine is that he arranged a plot to poison Henry, wants to kill Sebastian, and pushes Louis Condé to marry Elizabeth. This is somewhat suggestive given Luce appears to have died from poisoning.

But will put a caveat that could throw some heat back to Celina, warranted or not, Catherine de Medici is also a skilled poisoner in show canon. And of course, poison could just be flavour for a common medieval way of assassinating people!

(Bedtime for me again, not around as much tomorrow but will try keep an eye on things)

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    (Spectator comment: If you start throwing Abuse flags in Mafia, you are taking it far too seriously and need to go take a break)
  • Xenthos said:
    (Spectator comment: If you start throwing Abuse flags in Mafia, you are taking it far too seriously and need to go take a break)
    Posting inflammatory rhetoric with no constructive purpose to the game other than to slander someone is the definition of abuse. Butt out, Peanut Gallery.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Tekora said:
    Xenthos said:
    Posting inflammatory rhetoric with no constructive purpose to the game other than to slander someone is the definition of abuse. Butt out, Peanut Gallery.
    Not a good way to get someone not to comment!  You're still taking this too seriously.  Take a deep breath.
    So Celina was only confirmed by Synkarin? I mean it's obvious she has the power to kill, but do we -know- it's for the good of the town? Food for thought.

Also pot, kettle etc.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited January 2016
    First warning. Last warning. Insults must be IC. Once you go OOC it's toxic.

If you are struggling to figure out if your rhetoric is too heated, I recommend using a ludicrous expression such as, "Of course you would think that, you overgrown croissant!" Or, "You're more mafia than monsieur, monsieur!" Or, "Let them eat lynch votes!" Because they will remind you that you are playing a pretend noble in a pretend version of history where people say FRONCE very emphatically in British accents. No one's life is actually on the line here.

Rule #10 is still in effect. I have failed a 4.5 GPA dual-enrollment student before due to her not following very basic fundamental rules. I have no qualms modvigging strangers on the internet. Behave.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • So... With all these roles being revealed, there's one rather important question that I still haven't found an answer for:

Who blocked Tekora during night one?