Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited January 2016
    Maybe I should also passive aggressively rave about the handful of people who helped us steal knowledge, only to be denied third stage by an absolute mountain of people (vs our 4).

Enough with the goddamned number games. You're not raving. You're showing your bitter.

And yes, both sides bitch about the same thing, but I can honestly say no one sits there doing mathematics and says 'well, we better get double the people at least to try', it's more like 'who wants to come help, who have we got?' and response varies from a couple to everyone that happens to be online. No one is always going to have the upper hand. No one side is always going to have the superior numbers. No one side is always going to come out on top. 

So rave for the great efforts of your team despite overwhelming odds, but good god enough already with the sonotsubtle bitching about being outnumbered.

(  9 ) Davos: "You guys didn't outnumber us enough already :(." )

• Lavinya said:
    Maybe I should also passive aggressively rave about the handful of people who helped us steal knowledge, only to be denied third stage by an absolute mountain of people (vs our 4).

Enough with the goddamned number games. You're not raving. You're showing your bitter.

And yes, both sides bitch about the same thing, but I can honestly say no one sits there doing mathematics and says 'well, we better get double the people at least to try', it's more like 'who wants to come help, who have we got?' and response varies from a couple to everyone that happens to be online. No one is always going to have the upper hand. No one side is always going to have the superior numbers. No one side is always going to come out on top. 

So rave for the great efforts of your team despite overwhelming odds, but good god enough already with the sonotsubtle bitching about being outnumbered..

(  9 ) Davos: "You guys didn't outnumber us enough already :(." )
    I do the mathematics everytime....most of the time I still go in for the certain death.  This is a game and its suppose to be fun and I love a challenge.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I particularly enjoy it when the numbers are even but somehow one side is still at a disadvantage because every player actually has an (arbitrary?) weight when it comes to participation. 

For example, Sidd counts as like 7 people, so when he comes to fight in a 5v5 fight, the side without Sidd is already losing.

In short, it's all good. Everyone fights only when it suits them.

Raves for the classic "one and done" however.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I hate losing too.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • lol one and done implies they died. They went in, fucked up Mag so much that they had to bring in 10 more people, and exfiltrated when the doom squad rolled in. That's something to rave about, imho.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Maligorn said:
    lol one and done implies they died. They went in, fucked up Mag so much that they had to bring in 10 more people, and exfiltrated when the doom squad rolled in. That's something to rave about, imho.

See this is the attitude that really really gets my goat. 'had to bring in 10 more people'. You want to know what Glom did? We were having a little event of our own, saw some deaths and went 'we should go help out I guess'. Called for anyone who wanted to, to group up, and it turns out a lot of people were about and looking to join the fun.

The way you guys paint it, it's a bad thing for daring to have active people online. Temper your salt, Jesus. 

• We won by showing that we could hold our own despite only having just over half their people.
    You won by making us run and give up the fight.

Ultimately I think everyone wins so let's not spoil that.
  • You know what's not fun? 20v5. You should feel bad for shutting down the first primetime PK in like a month or two.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Raves for all kinds of prime-time PK recently, just in the last week or so.
  • Just to make my stance on this clear,

I will not begrude any organize bringing their full might to bear. Call on skype, do whatever. There isn't anything like that out of bounds. However, my rave was to thank those who were willing to join me and encourage others to try when we don't have the numbers advantage. A lot of combat gets precluded in Lusternia just from people farscouting and "nope"ing. My goal was only to say it doesn't hurt to try when low on numbers, I wasn't calling anyone out for having high numbers or not trying with low numbers in any other circumstances. There are times when I don't try in a fight that looks unfun, nobody is some superhero that always tries regardless of numbers (Except Leolamins, he is) but I wanted people to know I appreciate their efforts.
    Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

Is this a serious argument?

If this happened to Magnagora, you know what you would say?

You pissed in your bed, now you can sleep in it.

If you don't want to be outnumbered in fights so badly, maybe you should ditch useless/incompetent/snugglyfest Celest or attempt diplomacy. Or you can realize that just 3 or 4 days ago, during the revolt in Dairuchi/Talthos, that the four of us Glomdoringers plus Steingrim were pushing on Serenwilde until 10 or so Hallifaxan + Celestians showed up and pushed us out for good.

What goes around comes around. Get off your high horse.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I'm just salty because I'm apparently missing out on these PK opportunities.

inb4 Continuum sphere raid.

edited January 2016
    I think we all agree. We need more meaningful PK.

Push your Patrons to approve Reports 1046 (weaken distort/bixes), report 1378 (cosmic raiding), report 1393 (lower exp loss on death in exp territory) and whatever Report or idea came out of the Tree chopping forum post.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    See? This is why you bring Shaddus Alts to domoths. I count as a -5, so you get an extra person
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • More salt here than McDonalds fries
  • Yeah I was pretty angsty. Sorry about that!

Here's a real rave:

Raves for retiring characters -not- affecting family size. E.g. Arel cut his thread but we're still at 50 people.

• if you only have 5 dudes at primetime maybe it's not primetime
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Shuyin said:
    I particularly enjoy it when the numbers are even but somehow one side is still at a disadvantage because every player actually has an (arbitrary?) weight when it comes to participation. 

For example, Sidd counts as like 7 people, so when he comes to fight in a 5v5 fight, the side without Sidd is already losing.

In short, it's all good. Everyone fights only when it suits them.

Raves for the classic "one and done" however.
    I disagree...I don't think it's arbitrary at all. :p For instance, I can probably take on about 4 less experienced people from your org by myself without trouble, but if it was just you or Sidd, I wouldn't feel that sort of bravado. Player experience certainly counts, and it's not very fair to discount it. That said, whenever certain key people aren't around in an organization, they're usually not willing to try. I rarely see Gaudiguch really make outnumbered attempts without one of their top fighters, and Mag and Glom are more likely to disperse in the same way. So the one-and-dones certainly happen on both sides. I've seen it. It just depends on who is there to inspire and encourage people.

That said, I am raving about all the deathsights I'm seeing lately. Not really in any state to participate in combat myself for a long while, but it's been very refreshing to see some kind of activity.
  • edited January 2016
    I'm not going to fault folks for not wanting to play in combat scenarios that don't favor them in terms of numbers. I don't like engaging larger forces most of the time either. Losing is a frustrating experience, especially when it can just boil down to your loss being due to the other side just having that one extra person hindering or doing something of import.

Both sides will win some and lose some, but it ultimately comes down to your personal enjoyment of the game. Some folks don't like charging headlong with a larger possibility of losing and there's really no faulting them for that. Some do, and there's nothing wrong with that either. Just do what is fun for you.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    This argument is not real.

• Tbh Glom should show up more. South #reprezent
    See you in Sapience.
  • Woo! @Manteekan is back!

Also, thank you @Xenthos for letting me know about the event!
  • Glomdoring 

• "You feel a sudden pang of guilt, like a flutter on the edges of your conscience, for aiding an enemy of the kelpies."

D:

but.. but... but...

I still still love you Kelpies, you botanical wonders  <3
  • edited January 2016
    *cough* Well to be fair it pretty much just saved me some time, and it's helping kelpies anyway..

#148 He restored the singing coral, bringing the Song of Sirenalai to the Inner Sea.
  • Celina said:
    This argument is not real.

When the hell did Celina become the voice of reason?!?!?! 
This discussion has been closed.