Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    We need a new name, dude. Beryl Tea Company?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Kaimanahi said:
    I was walking by in Icewynd when I came across this room...

Before the Towering Statue of Talan.
    This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. A blizzard rages through the locale. The Statue of Talan stands menacingly here. Waddling around aimlessly, a large duck-billed platypus cuts 
    a majestic figure, bedecked in a scintillating golden-brown pelage and stylish woven-reed saddle.
    You see exits leading south and up.

And I was super confused at a player's name in a room description, when I looked at the statue...

Standing two stories tall, this pale, marble-wrought statue is carved into the ivory likeness of Talan, dressed in robes. Upon the rectangular base of the statue is carved, 'In Memory of Talan, the Hero of Climanti' under which is a cylindrical hole.
    It weighs about 3000 pounds.
    The Statue of Talan is holding:
    Nothing.
    It has the following aliases: statue.

I'm assuming this is a result of a quest completion, which I found to be suuuper cool.
    Yeah, it is. During the event, when Chade initially helped the Ice Angels, the statue was of him. Think Ixion and a few other people have had turns at that too.

• Yep, icewynd quests, whoever does the saving/comdemning souls in climanti past (City of Climanti) gets the statue and room name alteration (and lore book and racial bonus).

Some of the best quests in the game IMO, but prepare for a metric ton of work to get there.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    We also have the Gastronomists. :(
  • PLEASE

Fain isn't here, we don't need to be wary about gods taking over other orgs anymore
  • Maybe I'm alone, but off my own experiences I don't think men are the only culprits of being embarrassingly forward and intimately inept.

It's just funnier when a guy fails at doing it, so I guess you hear about it more.
  • Salith said:
    Maybe I'm alone, but off my own experiences I don't think men are the only culprits of being embarrassingly forward and intimately inept.

It's just funnier when a guy fails at doing it, so I guess you hear about it more.
    Ask any woman in LA who is on the dating scene. 

Ask them how many unsolicited pictures of Mr. Wang they get. Expect answers in terabytes. 
  • Yeah, but the point is that there are also a lot of women who are over-eager to flash their sweater stretchers or request pics of the meatsword without prompt.

Myself and some of my [much more] promiscuous friends have dozens of such stories.

I think the important message is that some people [of both genders] should be way better at discerning consent. I don't want to see a random girls hotdog holster more than she wants to see my sausage slab.

• Salith said:

I think the important message is that some people [of both genders] should be way better at discerning consent. I don't want to see a random girls hotdog holster more than she wants to see my sausage slab.

I could not agree more. 
  • Remember, only men tell raunchy jokes about genitals and text people pictures of their various bits. We're all horrible, really
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Nah, I've also seen "ladies" throwing pictures of their who-has around via text. Loose people be loose.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Annnd... six weeks of late night revolts. Can we fix this, please? I mean, really. Other people would like to participate that don't live on the other side of the world and they keep happening around the same exact hours.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Damnit Nienla - you've cursed us to 7 now.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I think something is screwy with the RNG if they keep happening in the same 2-4 hour time span.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited February 2016
    Other people do participate. They cycle through timezones gradually, the same way they have for the past 10 years. 

My tweet: Dracnari is pretty spiffy for a race. The extra bashing attack chance actually lets me permalink astral nodes again.

It gets its own crit, and can fire on beast attacks as well as whip/staff. Sometimes I even oneshot mobs when the beast attack triggers the breath attack and I get a crit. 

Also has some nice pk implications, if a bit unreliable. 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    My beauty submission is still sitting, waiting waiting for the Charites' ok, meanwhile I'm watching the deadline draw closer and nooooooo I don't want to miss out much nervousness!  :-SS

Falmiis said:
    I don't understand why people find it so difficult to understand that IC actions should have IC consequences. Yes, the IC consequences may not be very fun for you OOC, but did you ever consider whether everyone else found your IC actions to be very fun OOC either?
    Can vouch for how unfun this can make things for otherwise unrelated parties. Makes a girl want to continue alting.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Lavinya said:
    My beauty submission is still sitting, waiting waiting for the Charites' ok, meanwhile I'm watching the deadline draw closer and nooooooo I don't want to miss out much nervousness!  :-SS
    It took them about 5 days to respond to mine.. It's ok.. They will respond!

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sylandra said:
    Falmiis said:
    I don't understand why people find it so difficult to understand that IC actions should have IC consequences. Yes, the IC consequences may not be very fun for you OOC, but did you ever consider whether everyone else found your IC actions to be very fun OOC either?
    Can vouch for how unfun this can make things for otherwise unrelated parties. Makes a girl want to continue alting.

Well how -you- doin'?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    leave Sylandra's noobie alt alooone
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:
    leave Sylandra's noobie alt alooone

Oi, I resent that. We're all noobies here.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I had two designs pass almost within an hour of their submission. Thanks @Charites, design approvers, and anyone else who had a hand in it.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Hnnnnnng tension increasing. I did something a bit unorthodox in my design which I ran by them, now it's resubmitted and -should- presumably be ok but I'm not 100% sure and waiting for the yay or nay is killing me (because if it's another no I'll need to adjust and resubmit it -again- and the ticking clock looming over me is making me all nervous.)

This discussion has been closed.