Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Technically, I don't see any reason to continue to bind yourself to a one-sided contract if they said no - the bridge is bombed from their side at that point, so there's nothing left to burn.

I don't actually see anything wrong with Portius helping Marcella. I mean, OOCly, we know that keeping the clues would not have changed the results much. It also boils down to how Portius protrayed it in-character, of course - if he implied he was making use of Marcella rather than "I like him, so I'm helping him", it might have gone over better. But well, yeah, if he did just go out and make it clear he was more concerned for Marcella than his org, then IC consequences would be the natural outcome.

OOCly, it's a -shrug- thing for me. Maybe it's because I'm not that fired up over the non-fighting ascension events, but well, it's not THAT big a deal, is it? Besides, if Portius is the main muscleman for Hallifaxian culture, that's as good an OOC reason as any to lick his boots. (ICly not so much, of course.) Everything said and done, I admire people who actually play the culture side of this game that much. I write too much as part of my job to enjoy it in a game, but I guess there are people for whom writing is as much a stress reliever as is my mashing combat macros and trying to kill people with blood and gore. But hey, if it translates to mechanical benefits (and it does), it's very much something worth rewarding. I mean, orgs have put up with far worse people, and who contribute far less, and who do far more unsavoury things before, all because of OOC reasons. If anything, "this guy singlehandedly wins us Culture Centre more often than not" is more than perfectly reasonable to overlook IC high treason for. ;)

• If Gaudiguch had a Portius to pad our library, I'm almost sure we'd be willing to overlook certain unsavoury practices.

Freedom, yo. We have good dental, I hear.
    See you in Sapience.
  • Twytch said:
    If Gaudiguch had a Portius to pad our library, I'm almost sure we'd be willing to overlook certain unsavoury practices.

Trust me, I fully intend to kick into full Portius mode and take all the advice he gave me as soon as I don't have 20000 things to do with the festival and other things. The yearly publication I'm doing in the city news was actually his idea, hence why I credited him in the first one.
  • edited February 2016
    Riluna said:
    My nov just told me he couldn't until level 20.
    To be clear, I meant that no Org will let you officially get the quest until you are level 20 and even then I am not sure I've ever been able to get the quest. You CAN however do the quest without getting it from the quest giver and qet the credit for it in the college. In Glom and Seren, for instance, you can just give the nut to grutina and abeytu's brother(IIRC).
    In celest and guadi you can jut do the quest, and in Halli you can get someone to give you the corpses of the spheres and hand them to whomever(before you can hand them to fraesic for gold spheres, it's complicated).
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    @Marcella - that contract clearly states that there are provisions, such as "Will be unenemied and allowed free passage."  If you were not unenemied / given passage, the contract is pretty clearly void.  From a strictly bureaucratic standpoint, of course.  (And that's not saying Marcella the character knows that)
  • Sounds like something that was handled IC and something that will likely have some IC repercussions for the offender, in this case Portius.

Aiding an organization that is openly hostile to yours is kind of a big deal character-wise and is pretty much treason. If Nienla helped Celest during Harmony or something by relaying information about which areas had open denizens and the Court found out about it, I'm fairly sure Nienla would be given the boot. Same example with what happened here. IC ramifications are gonna sting from this one.
  • @xenthos Yeah, but the Institute DID unenemy me, and the contract says nothing about HALLIFAX...and says that the rest of it is contingent on me getting unenemied to HALLIFAX.
  • Hmmm

At the time of the event, if Arcanis had known that Marcella had sold away so many clues, many of which Arcanis used his long-hours of previous lore research to figure out, and thus she likely cost Magnagora a full win of Nature, then Arcanis would probably have gone and sacrificed Marcella to Gorgulu right then and there. Naturally the fact I was rather exhausted would have calculated big time into it.

From another stand-point, I cannot help but be proud of her actions. She did exactly what a Magnagoran citizen personifies to do: Be the best. She took clues and gave some back while keeping some under her belt  to ensure victory and claim an annual prize for herself. Quite the smart move, Fain would be pleased (Come back to us @Fain ...). She then later assisted with the few clues she had tucked away.

Would this all result in some form of punishment? Not really. In the end, Magnagora won the seal, that is what counts most. She might get a slap on the wrist for helping a Halli getting a placing, but in the end, such small personal exchanges dont mean much to Magnagora. All that matters, is Victory.
  • Hello, unexpected drama. How are you? >_>

So, theoretically I might've done better in Nature and gotten some more credits if Marcella hadn't done this, but speaking both ICly and OOCly, if she was helping a friend, then good on both of them. And I'm certain Portius pulled plenty of his own weight.

Meanwhile... are the dreamcatchers supposed to be doing something other than scavenger hunt stuff yet? Keep hoping to prod or peer at them for nifty visions like in past years, but it just keeps telling me I'm done with my hunt.
  • Guys, can we focus on what's really important here? We are running out to time to figure out how to grief Halli out of the Knowledge Seal.

(I'm completely kidding. TeamKira4Eva, good luck the rest of you suckers.)
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:
    Guys, can we focus on what's really important here? We are running out to time to figure out how to grief Halli out of the Knowledge Seal.

(I'm completely kidding. TeamKira4Eva, good luck the rest of you suckers.)

• edited February 2016
    EDIT: Ignore this post. Just me being bitter and having a bad day.
  • edited February 2016
    Twytch said:
    If Gaudiguch had a Portius to pad our library, I'm almost sure we'd be willing to overlook certain unsavoury practices.

I appreciate that "Portius" is evolving from a proper noun to an eponym. 
  • I've used exactnames for like 3 years. Do it.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    But what if someone has a really impossible name like Cthuluxixiaxilal?
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited February 2016
    Exactnames is a great thing, until you're trying to give instruction to your new illithoid novice, Gthruxyxakul. I'd -gladly- spit out a bunch of awkward mis's every now and again to get around a mess like that.

Edit: @Rivius gets it, dat ninja.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    This is where the Mudlet users cheat and use tab-complete.
  • Drocilla said:
    CONFIG EXACTNAMES ON is how admin don't miss awkwardly, embrace it.
    If only all the admin did this.
  • plz2optimizecode
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I thought this would just be a nice quiet stretch to classflex and mess around a little, get some elemental enchantments done. Regretting that more and more now!
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Oh lordy, that lag. I just wanted to hunt in peace!  :(
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Looked at the overhaul sub forum. Noted that the first overhaul type stuff was really going in November of 2013. Valve time indeed.
  • Sometimes I don't know why I try. Nobody else seems to want to.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Falmiis said:
    Sometimes I don't know why I try. Nobody else seems to want to.
    <3 You're one of my favorites. For what it's worth, you've been such a help for me in getting reacquainted with Lusternia. I know it feels like everything is an uphill battle, but you do make a difference.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Don't let the asshats get to you. There are a lot of them around and paying them any attention will just consume you and your free time
  • come to mag where everyone tries so hard everyone hates each other
This discussion has been closed.