Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    How is that confusing?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I also helped him. I gave him at least ten clues he didn't know in return for the 2 he gave me I didn't know.
  • Is this some kind of scandal? I thought it was public knowledge we're, like, best friends.
  • And yet War seal teams are multi-org all the time.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Marcella said:
    And yet War seal teams are multi-org all the time.
    They are rarely opposing org teams, though.  Usually they are orgs who are working together.
  • Well, we disagree that our orgs should be opposing. :P
  • The alliance he keeps breaking the treaty terms of in favor of destroying Serenwilde stuff?

He *designed* my axe for me

Let me show you it.

Dark wood and darker steel, such are the haft and blade of this axe. The
    long haft has been carved from ravenwood cut from the forests of the
    Glomdoring, sanded smooth and coated with a protective varnish. The
    shaft's centre is wrapped with a thick layer of merian skin that serves
    as a grip. The blade is more richly decorated. One side is engraved with
    a scene of the battlefield that depicts a warrior slaughtering a sea of
    wyrden fae amidst a copse of dead trees. The dead, the dying, and the
    maimed, from barghests to redcaps to faelings, surround that warrior in
    a heap of severed limbs and broken bodies. Tiny shards of ruby have been
    inlaid amidst that scene to add a glittering touch of gore to the
    proceedings. The other side of the blade shows a warrior standing upon a
    raised scaffold with a line of headless corpses and doomed prisoners
    before her. She stands behind that line with her axe raised above her
    head and an expression of grim pleasure etched upon her face. This scene
    is likewise riddled with ruby shards, but while they were scattered
    about the other side with all the madness of battle, here they form an
    orderly line with a single gem upon each headless neck.
  • He also looked at Mag's book prices, and told the Board to double the price.

Then he proceeded to about bankrupt Hallifax of credits through literature and scholarly works, and basically single-handedly made it the greatest library in the entire world.

His own works outnumber Gaudiguch's ENTIRE published library, of ALL TIME.

He took Tremula as a trophy wife on the sheer fact that she's a viscanti, just to show off his pro-Mag.

BROWSE TITLE URLACH and check out the shit he talks about Celest and Serenwilde in the novel.

Like, did anyone NOT see this coming?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    What stings most is that it isn't surprising.  :o3
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    So what we're saying is that Portius is like the mental/scholarly reflection of Marcella.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Then Falmiis needs to (if he knows what happened icly) bring this up to the Board, especially since I'm pretty sure this goes against any sort of treaty Hallifax has with Celest/Seren.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Kilee said:
    I really see a lot of prime afk, I know it's okay in manses but why do people just log in and sit in the city for -hours- and not respond to city tells, people talking, or even people talking to them?
    If I don't respond to something aimed at me within two minutes, I'm probably engaged in real life against my will. I know, I hate it as much as you do, when my parents tell me to do something, I don't exactly have time to walk to my manse to afk. I drop my device and I jump to do what I'm told.

I know other players have even more demanding circumstances -- children, school, jobs. They get pulled away for what they think is going to be a few seconds but turns out to be a few hours. Shrug. Could be an emergency, could be one of life's many small things that just have to be done. Like helping your sister bring in the groceries, picking up after a pet, etc. I know the frustration of sitting and waiting for someone to respond to something IG, but I also know the importance of real life. So.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Please bring it up to the board. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2016
    Celina said:
    If Halifax had any balls they'd give P-diddy a swift kick out the door, and tell him to enjoy his new life in Magnagora. Doesn't get much worse than treason. 

They won't, because books or something. 
    This is pretty true and it hurts. I wonder if Hallifax is going to stand for this just for the culture.

EDIT: Or if Portius understands how much he's abusing Hallifax at this point. When I talked to him he said that he didn't know that Mag was so far ahead and that the two clues would clinch the victory for them. 2 for 10 might seem like a fair trade, but Magnagora either played him or he just didn't give a fuck.

• Maligorn said:
    Celina said:
    If Halifax had any balls they'd give P-diddy a swift kick out the door, and tell him to enjoy his new life in Magnagora. Doesn't get much worse than treason. 

They won't, because books or something. 
    This is pretty true and it hurts. I wonder if Hallifax is going to stand for this just for the culture.
    Its not just culture. Its also the power that comes from culture. 3-4K power each weave is rather nice for what took Portius very little time to do.
  • Portius is like the scholarly version of Munsia and it's amazing. Now another org knows what it feels like "BUT HES A JERK " *"BUT HE BRINGS IN SO MUCH POWER*"
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Maligorn said:
    Yes. That shouldn't even be a thing you ask.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Did it change the game a whole lot, though? From the looks of it, it was either going to be Arcanis or Falmiis, with Arcanis having a lead. A Magnagoran still won, and this way, at least Portius got some credits out of the event. 
    See you in Sapience.
  • edited February 2016
    And if this is about me being an enemy, I tried pretty damn hard to get unenemied to Hallifax.

Even signed a contract. Afterwards, I got told flat no, stop trying.

Here's the contract.

Contractual Agreement of Amnesty for Past Offenses against the Plane of
    Continuum - Applicant: Marcella n'Lochli

By entering into this contract, the undersigned agrees to the following
    provisions:

I. - Conditions

A. The undersigned shall immediately cease all aggression against the
    Plane of Continuum and all material inhabitants and native constructs
    that reside within.
    B. The undersigned affirms that they shall desist in any future
    aggression against the Plane of Continuum and all material inhabitants
    and native constructs that reside within, in perpetuity. This does not
    include the Temporal Omnihedron, when it is located elsewhere than the
    Continuum itself.
    C. The undersigned affirms that they have satisfied in full, any and all
    indebted sums of material and currency charged to them by the Matrix
    Research Institute as a condition of their amnesty.

II. - Provisions

A. The undersigned shall be granted full amnesty for their crimes
    against the Plane of Continuum.
    B. The undersigned shall be assured safe passage within the Plane of
    Continuum, contingent upon current legal status with the Commonwealth of
    Hallifax.
    C. The undersigned shall not face opposition against their future
    endeavours based upon past offenses.

III. - Enforcement

A. Should the undersigned violate any condition of this contract, as per
    Article I, the Provisions set in Article II shall become immediately
    void and the undersigned will be immediately re-categorized as 'Enemy'
    of the Plane of Continuum. This re-categorization will be held in
    perpetuity, with no future opportunity for appeal.
    B. The undersigned agrees that the terms of this contract are insolvent
    and non-negotiable.
    C. The undersigned agrees to be bound by the terms of the contract in
    perpetuity.

Marcella n'Lochli

Signed this 15th of Vestian, 430 C.E.

* Primus Tekora Windwhisper
    Witnessed this 15th of Vestian, 430 years C.E.

So now I'm stuck with a contract Hallifax and the Institute have absolutely ZERO obligation to fulfill while I'm permanently bound by it. Thanks, bureaucracy.
  • Sylandra said:
    (PS: If people are afraid of losing culture points, then just write stuff.)

At first I was going to say yeah because it's that easy. But I've pretty much dominated the forums tonight with my determined sass, so why stop now? I will write all the books. I will bring redemption to Magnagora. I. Will. Do .. aahh, I'm going to bed, night.

I will continue my crusade in the morning.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Yarou said:
    Sylandra said:
    (PS: If people are afraid of losing culture points, then just write stuff.)

At first I was going to say yeah because it's that easy. But I've pretty much dominated the forums tonight with my determined sass, so why stop now? I will write all the books. I will bring redemption to Magnagora. I. Will. Do .. aahh, I'm going to bed, night.

I will continue my crusade in the morning.

I say this as someone who has written stuff.

Perfectly serious though. If you want something done, do it yourself.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
This discussion has been closed.