Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'll upload the package I use in my ui that utilizes gmcp for chat. However, it does sometimes capture the contents of a room inside of it, which I'm still trying to figure out.
  • I've looked at your UI! I like it, especially the map and the chat capture but I don't really want the rest of it
    Your numbers today are:
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    In that case, I'll make a few packages some time this week that had everything in its own package. Mix, match, and position as you like.
  • Thank goodness I backed up my things. The Cloud is the silver lining.
    See you in Sapience.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    Today my phone autocorrected a word into Sylandra. What is even happening. :|
    Improving your quality of life, obviously.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    My phone auto-corrected Silvanus to Shaddus :(

• Lavinya said:
    They are one and the same though
  • Why is there a blanket level 20 restriction on the collegium power quest, when Seren's can be done at level ONE??

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Riluna said:
    Why is there a blanket level 20 restriction on the collegium power quest, when Seren's can be done at level ONE??
    AFAIK most of them can, actually. Except Mags, of course.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• My nov just told me he couldn't until level 20.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • It just -says- you can't, but you actually can anyway.

• When I asked him to try, my nov said "He will not let me". Either way, it's kind of stupid that's a blanket thing across all orgs whether it applies or not.

• Yeah, last time I tried it wouldn't let me start it. Also, Halli's would also be pretty challenging for someone who isn't level 20 (at least) yet, unless they get someone else to kill the joules.
  • Like I dunno, I've tried to be very cheerful despite everything that has gone in the past few weeks but when you go into something expecting to not get much out of it, then seeing that you and everyone around you are doing their best to put ourselves in a position where we can get something out of it just so you can be told at the end that you and all your friends got sold out. Dunno how I feel about that.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.

Falmiis said:
    Like I dunno, I've tried to be very cheerful despite everything that has gone in the past few weeks but when you go into something expecting to not get much out of it, then seeing that you and everyone around you are doing their best to put ourselves in a position where we can get something out of it just so you can be told at the end that you and all your friends got sold out. Dunno how I feel about that.

context please?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Marcella thanked Portius (in-character) for helping her win the Nature challenge.

Marcella n'Lochli, Dancer Upon Sanguinary Mists says, "If it wasn't for Arcanis, Ixion, Thul, Portius, and Akyaevin I would have not won."

and

Lord-Librarian Portius Nitraedes, Paragon of Progress says, "I like to think that I can count as an honorary Magnagoran at this point."

Pretty sure that's what is being referred to.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Lavinya said:
    I don't remember what I was typing at the time, but my phone ALSO corrected something to Shaddus recently. As much as I hate playing into the trope, I just...why, phone?!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    PS: If someone wants to post the clues & locations for posterity, I'm sure people will enjoy looking at them!
  • Oh hey, yeah I was already working on it. It's posted under event scrolls.
  • You are dismayed as the Medallion of Nature turns to dust in your hands.

IIIII  AMMMMMM UNWOOOORTHYYYY
  • edited February 2016
    Gosh what a trial, fricken 'corpse conductor hope's defender' one had me stumped for awhile. Much fun. Even had the first decent and un-cussfilled discussion with Xenthos at the end, never thought that would happen.
    Arcanis said:
    Gosh what a trial, fricken 'corpse conductor hope's defender' one had me stumped for awhile. Much fun. Even had the first decent and un-cussfilled discussion with Xenthos at the end, never thought that would happen.
    Well, for Xenthos' part, he doesn't cuss... so it theoretically should be very possible!

But to be more clear, it was a discussion vs. just talking past one another for an eternity.  Definitely thought the world was ending!  (Oh, wait, it is. :o )
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited February 2016
    Ieptix said:
    If you're looking for, uh, interesting Lusternia-related phone corrections, Zvoltz's phone's text-to-speech function apparently interprets my name as "yep dicks".

I hate forums. Stop ruining my formatting.
    Psst, go into "Show Source" on your post and add in the missing closing span tag on this part, it'll fix your quote box. Made this image when I figured out how to do it, to show what I mean. Works every time.

EDIT: So of course I had to do it to this post too, haha. I swear like 90% of my edits are to fix this junk.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Ieptix said:
    Too much effort. I shouldn't have to fix the forums' auto-generated html. Harumph.
    I agree that you shouldn't have to fix it, these forums are wack as heck. But the fix exists and removes the tyranny of unreadable garbage posts, so I embrace it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ieptix said:
    Eritheyl said:
    Lavinya said:
    I don't remember what I was typing at the time, but my phone ALSO corrected something to Shaddus recently. As much as I hate playing into the trope, I just...why, phone?!
    If you're looking for, uh, interesting Lusternia-related phone corrections, Zvoltz's phone's text-to-speech function apparently interprets my name as "yep dicks".

I hate forums. Stop ruining my formatting.

Xenthos said:
    Marcella thanked Portius (in-character) for helping her win the Nature challenge.

Marcella n'Lochli, Dancer Upon Sanguinary Mists says, "If it wasn't for Arcanis, Ixion, Thul, Portius, and Akyaevin I would have not won."

and

Lord-Librarian Portius Nitraedes, Paragon of Progress says, "I like to think that I can count as an honorary Magnagoran at this point."

Pretty sure that's what is being referred to.

I'm still confused. Fal is mad that Portius helped Marcella?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
This discussion has been closed.