Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Nienla said:
    Honestly, that post reeked of passive aggressiveness because the organizations were thinking long-term with our treaties and wouldn't ditch them because of something that is ultimately fairly inconsequential. Yes, True Ascendant. It's special, it's great, but it's not worth getting teamed up on by the other still-assembled alliance for the next few weeks (or months) until we can find a way to work together again.

If the Havens were upset with how this went (and I kind of suspect that they are), you're better off changing the challenges themselves and the final challenge itself.
    I um... actually think it's kind of neat that they made a game where long term considerations outweigh short term ones so thoroughly. You wouldn't see something like this almost anywhere else...

But um... yes from that post, they really don't seem happy about it..
    beep
  • I think especially after what happened last year, no one wanted to start any drama and be disadvantaged by any fallout.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yes, the reason that no one challenged is that players just don't care about the roleplaying  :(( Only possible reason, let's get in a wicked jab in on them with the official post. 
  • I feel bad for the people who wanted to go for it and got told 'Lolnope giving it to Celina, try again next apocalypse'
  • On a forum level: Congrats @Celina

On a game level: I tried to get the North Alliance to thwart you for a real fight, but their heads were so far stuck up... I mean... they could only see that if you did not fully Support someone then you were not playing right. Apparently, Support is the only game in town.

Congrats though.
  • That was like... the first Ascension ever I didn't lift a finger... >_>
    Last year, I was yelling over skype at Kelly and crew as we all ran around Astral trying to survive. How things change in a year!

• edited March 2016
    I was going to rage here but it would just have been a swearier version of my earlier post
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited March 2016
    I spent a good part of the last week trying to make something work out with Synkarin, despite a bit of push back. I wake up at 5am this morning to be asked by Ixion if we would help him. I get pressured by everyone (none of whom actually stayed logged in for the event, or ever have to fight btw) to help Ixion instead. I make an emergency, executive decision (which will probably bite me later) to go with what everyone wanted. Then when it came to the event Ixion tells me they're not going to fight for it.

Cool, annoyed at how boring the event is but I understand why they chose not to fight (btw Mag and Glom, Gaudi would have turned on you in an instant if they needed to).

Then the news post comes in for the ultimate insult. What am I even supposed to think about that?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    For serenwilde, without even -having- a sealbearer, the only thing left for us was to 'look good' and give some people a fight on the astral plane and we didn't even get noticed. :-|
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Demartel said:
    On a forum level: Congrats @Celina

On a game level: I tried to get the North Alliance to thwart you for a real fight, but their heads were so far stuck up... I mean... they could only see that if you did not fully Support someone then you were not playing right. Apparently, Support is the only game in town.

Congrats though.
    Considering that over the two months of Ascension trials not a peep was to be heard from the Serenwilde in any attempt to organize or rally people (aside from a few things here and there), I think we deserve the shaming that came from that post. We were absolutely non-existent and made no attempt to be otherwise.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Of course we were ready to turn on anyone/everyone who came to try and snake the staff. That's the name of the game.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Aeldra said:
    For serenwilde, without even -having- a sealbearer, the only thing left for us was to 'look good' and give some people a fight on the astral plane and we didn't even get noticed. :-|

The three of you were noticed by Glomdoring!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• hey, that post was true, though. very true.

• Yarou said:
    hey, that post was true, though. very true.
    For Mag it was.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I wouldn't worry too much about estarra ' s post. According to the waiter at the Gala, it's her fault the seals keep breaking anyway
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited March 2016
    Let's be real. Half of the game had 0 reason to even rock up to the event. If we ( The North,I guess) had a reason to show up and were rallied for it, there would be a bigger player turnout on our side and probably conflict.

(I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Aeldra said:
    We were all living vicariously through  you.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited March 2016
    Yeah...the noncom Everiine peanut gallery really has no room to speak here.

EDIT: Classy newspost, @Estarra .

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    At least nobody rolled characters to play for the other side until right before Ascension this year.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Also I think you guys are taking an IC post a little too personally. It's written to be colorful and interesting more than anything, and it's a colorful way to describe how no one put up a fight. I think if you guys read it again after you chill, you'll see that it didn't actually actually criticize any org's decision. 

Would it have been more accurate to go into detail about the discussions behind closed doors and the Glom/Mag fallout from last year, and then expand on the various conflict on interests both within and across alliances, and how ultimately everyone just decided to race for it and call it a day?

Sure, but that would have been a terrible announce post.
  • Years later, and it's still true: experience (combat, event, etc) experience still heavily favours the south.
    See you in Sapience.
  • Celina said:
    Also I think you guys are taking an IC post a little too personally. It's written to be colorful and interesting more than anything, and it's a colorful way to describe how no one put up a fight. I think if you guys read it again after you chill, you'll see that it didn't actually actually criticize any org's decision. 

Would it have been more accurate to go into detail about the discussions behind closed doors and the Glom/Mag fallout from last year, and then expand on the various conflict on interests both within and across alliances, and how ultimately everyone just decided to race for it and call it a day?

Sure, but that would have been a terrible announce post.
    All the organisations backed Celina to claim the Staff of Ascension and call forth Avechna the Avenger to once again restore the Nine Seals, saving Creation from being consumed by Kethuru.

<insert congratulations to Celina/Cyndarin>

There, news post done.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Right, that's basically the same thing only not as interesting. Which was my point. Estarra isn't out to gethcu. From what the admin have said on envoys, they were all surprised everyone was so calm and stuck to their guns on not duking it out and while the actual event itself was boring, the behind the scenes agreements and decisions were interesting. There was no "so lame, " commentary.

Incidentally, after 10 years of Ascension, I think we could use a shakeup in the events. 
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @celina can you please change your title to 'bearer of the seal of irony' ? even if it's just for one night? it'd be hilarious :)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I'd like to see the next one be about Muud and the Sleeping Child. The event can be about liking the Child back to sleep. The challenge would be 'who can make the best lullaby'.
    See you in Sapience.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Aeldra said:
    Everiine said:
    Demartel said:
    On a forum level: Congrats @Celina

Congrats though.
    Considering that over the two months of Ascension trials not a peep was to be heard from the Serenwilde in any attempt to organize or rally people (aside from a few things here and there), I think we deserve the shaming that came from that post. We were absolutely non-existent and made no attempt to be otherwise.
    Sorry, but were you there? Serenwilde was in every seal challenge. Sure, we didn't place, but yes. We did prepare, we did train, we did rally. I was in 8 of the nine challenges, I think @Avurekhos was in nine, a few others I've seen in at least 3 or 4.
    Alright, I'll be more specific, because I do know that people participated in Seal challenges, especially War, which requires teamwork and organization. I'm saying as a whole, the Serenwilde organization unit dropped the ball. Having a few scattered alts and seeing people in other places posting to news, holding referendums, trying to rally people to different things, really throwing their support behind things, making a big deal out of Ascension, it was really different to read through Serenwilde's news and finding... nothing. Not a single thing. Not a congratulation to those who participated, not an update on how things were going, not even documented discussion on who we were going to support at the end (which I'm told was a discussion handled on a clan that is used for combat discussion at the last minute).

So yes, on the whole, from my perspective, looking at all the information I have, Serenwilde as a whole was uninterested in Ascension.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
This discussion has been closed.