Simple questions?

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Though really, if you're a monk, you should be getting actual tattoos.

• edited March 2016
    Lerad said:
    Kephera will get robes-level armour without needing to get any actual robes or ink any tattoos. If you're trans tattoos, you'll get master tattoos level armour. If not trans, it'll just be non trans tattoo level armor. Again, without needing to ink anything.

I'm still not sure I follow.

Case 1: Character is kephera, non-monk or monk without tattoos skillset - gain armour equivalent to splendours.  This part I understand.

Case 2: Character is kephera, monk with non-trans tattoos skillset - ?  Do they get free Kata Tattoos ability?  Do they get free Tattoos SkinPreparation maxed out (ie, no magic ink cost)?  Do they get free Tattoos TattooMaster ability?

Case 3: Character is kephera, monk with trans tattoos skillset - ?  No benefit, because regardless of race they already have maxed tattoo armour?

As far as I can tell, Kephera gives splendours level armour without splendours.  And it doesn't matter whether they're monk or not, tattoo artist or not, because in any condition where a Kephera "is specialized in tattoos?" they should have that benefit already by virtue of being a monk with tattoos tradeskill.  Unless the benefit is they get to skip the magic ink cost.

edit: I'm confused about this because, as far as I know, monks can get Kata Tattoos armour without having any ink done.  Tattoos SkinPreparation uses magic ink, but doesn't actually create any tattoos on the body.  There's so many ways to interpret 'specialized in tattoos' and 'full tattoo armour' that interpretation for me is fuzzy.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    so, in tailoring there's a a few 'dragonskin' things, requiring bits of a dragon. I have yet to come across any dragon outside of the aetherways and am a little confused by how you obtain 'dragonskin'. does anybody know how?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    IIRC, you can dig it up in Zoaka.
  • Eldanien, You'll need to double check with either Celina or an admin, I'm not too sure of the specifics, myself.

My best guess is that a kephera monk with tattoo but non trans will get the equivalent of full tattoos without TattooMaster (14%), but it will go to TattooMaster level when you trans it. Though I'm not 100% sure about that. I could be wrong.

Also, monks do not get any armour rating if they don't have any tattoos. They DO need to have tattoos inked to actually get any armour rating at all. The more you ink, the higher the armour value. At least, that's what it is supposed to be - if that's not the case, it's a bug. Skin preparation is for newbie monks who don't have the money, or time, to ink - tattoos can cost huge amounts of gold, depending on the tints used, and getting fully inked without a needle takes over an hour.

• edited March 2016
    Well, the Kata Tattoos ability could technically be in effect whether or not the character has the circumstances (IE, has tattoos) to gain benefit.

But yeah, I'm considering rolling an alt to check this all out.

• edited March 2016
    You're making this too complicated. 

They have physical resistance identical to trans tailoring (14%) unless you take tattoos, then they have physical resistance identical to whatever trans tattoos (18%). 

Kepheran racial is intended to give you trans resistance level of either to physical only.

"Full tattoo armour" is wonky wording, but considering it says "enhanced," and base tattoo armour is 14%, and the intent of the skill is to be trans armour without wearing it, the only reasonable conclusion is that's how it works. 

Unless it's just totally bonkers and by "enhanced" it means "identical to."
  • Still wondering if you're able to customize an ecology familiar.
    come2mag
  • Tynghall said:
    Still wondering if you're able to customize an ecology familiar.
    Define customize?
    I think you could, for 500 credits get a custome pet, but I don't know if that will still count as your familiar.
    If you mean for like 50 credits, like with a runed weapon, IDK....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Under the new Bodyscan system, is it possible to see willpower/endurance regeneration? If so, I can't seem to find it.

Nor, for that matter, can I find where the manse upgrade that improves willpower/endurance regen per room is listed. Is that no longer available now that aetherwill is a thing? 
  • Willpower and endurance have (mostly, if not completely) gone the way of the dodo. Nothing you do should drain willpower or endurance anymore.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    As far as I know, you can not customize any class loyals, including ecology familiars. 
  • @Ssaliss Thanks! It's just aetherwill then, and that might be going as well?
  • I think aetherwill will stick around as a limiter to aetherhunting, but it could be that some other limiter might be put into place there. Can't remember if they made a final decision on that one yet.
  • How do I figure out what all of these curios do/are for? 

I have a bunch of pieces from the wheel, but CURIOS SET <set name> just lists what pieces, if any, I have from it, not what it does. 

HELP CURIOS lists categories but that doesn't seem to help me. 

57318   Piece    Splintered Star      Astro        Fifth Point
    57319   Piece    Wooden Soldier       Figure       Lower Body
    57320   Piece    Toothed Cog          Mechanical   Eighth Tooth
    57321   Piece    Wooden Soldier       Figure       Left Leg
    57322   Piece    Straight Razor       Torture      Lower Top Handle
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    CURIO POWERS
  • I found this gem. Viynain's/Xiel's old website.

All those things, when completed, will give you enchantable items with 200 charges. 

Completing the Astro collection will get you a quick way to the Arthar'rt Observatory.
    Completing the Figure collection gets you to the Meliashmora.
    The Mechanical collection gets you to the Starhopper.
    The Torture collection gets you to the i'Xiia Asylum.
    See you in Sapience.
  • Enyalida said:
    As far as I know, you can not customize any class loyals, including ecology familiars. 
    Looking into it, this is true except for Druid/Mage Primary pets(Crow/hart from Druidry, Taint worm/Thunderbird/nondreamPheonix/DragonTurtle for geo/aero/pyro/aquamancers...). Which basically are regular pets, you just get a couple of skills for free as long as you keep the skill, but can train them with beastmastery and otherwise treat them a normal pet.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Enyalida said:
    Technically they can be customized... the problem is that the customization is not permanent, if they die and you resummon it, the changes would be lost, making it kind of a waste.  A Nihilist had an ent that was an imp wearing an arch-demon's suit for a while (I forget who it was).   I don't think that was done with credits though, simply as a cutesy thing, but iirc they have said that's the case previously (so maybe they've put a policy in place to save people's credits-- haven't heard of it, but I suppose it would make sense).
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Re: artisan patterns, is there a non-aesthetic difference between designing a jewelrybox versus using a box template (so you can do jewellery box and avoid spelling drama headaches)?

She asks belatedly, after doing the latter.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Sylandra said:
    Re: artisan patterns, is there a non-aesthetic difference between designing a jewelrybox versus using a box template (so you can do jewellery box and avoid spelling drama headaches)?

Yes, there is. The jewelrybox (it hurts me so much to type that) slows the decay of jewellery items inside it, where regular box patterns won't.

HOWEVER:

IMPORTANT: The main noun MUST use one of these: JEWELRYBOX, BOX

You can make a jewellery box! Using the jewelrybox template. Or just call it a box but still get the slow decay. Win!

edited March 2016
    Lavinya said:
    Sylandra said:

Yes, there is. The jewelrybox (it hurts me so much to type that) slows the decay of jewellery items inside it, where regular box patterns won't.

HOWEVER:

IMPORTANT: The main noun MUST use one of these: JEWELRYBOX, BOX

You can make a jewellery box! Using the jewelrybox template. Or just call it a box but still get the slow decay. Win!
    *edited to avoid eye assault also it is hard to find good gifs of this phrase, geez internet
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Let's hope your hero is not epileptic. 
    Oh my bad, thanks. Tweaked.
    Daraius said:
  • @Sylandra made me tear up at 12.17 pm, that's a new record. Flagging your quote for making me feel bad. </3
    I originally had a gif from Star Trek but then it had a grammar error and I was like, damn, I just asked a design question and then I'm going to post a grammatical error? Hence clumsy phone search of doom. I don't always come up with good ideas, but I definitely don't come up with them around 9am, woops.
    Daraius said:
  • Are there clans floating around out there that are geared towards Roleplay and player driven events? I mean, RPWHO is great and all, but eh. I would love to find something more engaging and I am kinda burnt out on all the combat focus lately.
  • How long does it usually take for a custom pet request?
    Anywhere from 1 day to two+ months.  Depends on how long it takes Estarra to get around to it.
  • Where is the Wheel of Tzaraziko? I have a feeling that should be in a help file somewhere...