Simple questions?

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    What's the commodity to use for something made of clay or earthenware? Marble looks to be the closest thing in HELP DESIGN COMMS, but if anyone knows a better option I'm all ears.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Daraius the way I did my earthenware tea set was with elemental earth corpses. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Can someone post the lines for the village influence attacks for Serenwilde, Magnagora, Celest, Glomdoring and Gaudiguch please?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    influence wyrdling with intrigue
    You pull the Ebonglom Wyrdling aside and engage him in a discussion on the great mysteries of Glomdoring, weaving the conversation into a complex intrigue of how his village has always been indebted to the dark forest.

influence wyrdling with manipulation
    Smiling encouragingly, you prompt the Ebonglom Wyrdling to tell you of his hopes and fears, then relate how all his hopes can be found in Glomdoring, and all his fears would be realized elsewhere.

influence wyrdling with trickery
    You smile warmly at the Ebonglom Wyrdling and place a hand around his shoulder, then whisper many outlandish promises of what awaits him in the dark forest into his ear.

• LIBERTY
    ^You laugh and joke with (.*)\, then reveal that if (\w+) embraces Gaudiguch\, (\w+) will know liberty and justice for all\.$

FREEDOM
    ^Slapping (.*) on the back\, you explain to (him|her) that only under the protection of Gaudiguch can (he|she) be truly free\.$

REVOLUTION
    ^With passion and eloquence\, you urge (.*) to rise up and revolt against the establishment\, ensuring (him|her) that Gaudiguch will protect (\w+) from any recrimination\.$
    See you in Sapience.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    If you check LIBRARIES, you'll find that Magnagora, Glomdoring, and Celest all have reduced credibility this year. It's not showing on CULTURE, but that's not that weird. It'll probably show up there eventually. The thing is, I can't figure out what caused it. @Salome didn't know, which means it probably wasn't critiques or a book refusal. She'd know if Glom had a critique or refusal. It's also presumably not a refusal getting overturned on appeal, because that reduces everybody's credibility and Celest/Seren/Gaudi are still full. Does anyone know what thing I've overlooked in my hunting for critiques and whatnot that caused this? It's bothering me somewhat.

@Kalnid to make sure he notices this post.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • edited April 2016
    Portius said:
    If you check LIBRARIES, you'll find that Magnagora, Glomdoring, and Celest all have reduced credibility this year. It's not showing on CULTURE, but that's not that weird. It'll probably show up there eventually. The thing is, I can't figure out what caused it. @Salome didn't know, which means it probably wasn't critiques or a book refusal. She'd know if Glom had a critique or refusal. It's also presumably not a refusal getting overturned on appeal, because that reduces everybody's credibility and Celest/Seren/Gaudi are still full. Does anyone know what thing I've overlooked in my hunting for critiques and whatnot that caused this? It's bothering me somewhat.

@Kalnid to make sure he notices this post.
    Actually, now that I'm fully awake. We had a refusal. But we're working on fixing it.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Mag had a refusal. Dunno about Celest.
  • @Falmiis for Mag

Shock :
    You shock (denizen) with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.

Awe :
    You tell (denizen) of awesome powers granted villages by the might of Magnagora.

Brainwash :
    Wrapping an arm around (denizen), you confide in (him/her) that (he/she) would surely be chosen by Magnagora as a person of great influence.
  • Just for clarification, according to HELP ARMOUR, plate armour can be worn by any non-acrobatics user. That means that anyone who doesn't have Acrobatics does get the 20% damage reduction, yes?
    See you in Sapience.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Yep.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    How long does it take for a contention to be votable after it's voiced?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Rancoura said:
    How long does it take for a contention to be votable after it's voiced?
    24 hours, I believe?  Something along those lines.
    I wish that was written down somewhere, like in HELP ELECTIONS! (@Maylea :) )

Before an earthly flight

• I'm pretty sure ELECTION <#> shows the time until the election opens.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
    edited April 2016
    It does not. :(

It will show how many days are left for voting after it's been started, but not how long until it opens for votes.

Before an earthly flight

• How often are bugs worked through? Or, what's the best approach if an artifact doesn't seem to be working the way described? Does it make a difference if it's a dingbat or credit artifact?
    Which artifact?  (Don't post the bug itself if it's something that is exploitable / gamebreaking, but can try to give some input on what it's supposed to do and/or if the helpfile doesn't match up to that)
  • It's a Leprechaun's Medal of Profligate Inebriation, that's supposed to preserve your tolerance level regardless of imbibing by day. I'm still losing tolerance despite having it (and wearing it, it isn't clear if it needs to be worn or not). 
  • Curious.  I've had mine forever, did not and do not lose tolerance.  But yes, wear it.

If it's a significant hindrance (say, pivotal to a dwarven brewmeister setup or some other setup that hinges on drinking), you might push it to an ISSUE.  But otherwise, I'd suggest letting the admins weigh for themselves which bugs are priority.  Sometimes they're faster than other times.  It varies.

• It isn't a significant hindrance, but I could have saved those dingbats up for something else, you know? 
    Ranah said:
    It's a Leprechaun's Medal of Profligate Inebriation, that's supposed to preserve your tolerance level regardless of imbibing by day. I'm still losing tolerance despite having it (and wearing it, it isn't clear if it needs to be worn or not). 
    Yes, you have to wear it.

When you probe it, does it have your mark on it?  Mine is working fine (I haven't had a drop of alcohol since I maxed it out and am still maxed, and that was the moment the artifact was released... quite some time ago now).  It probably requires both being worn AND that it is yours (has your mark and shows up on Artifact List).
    TIL Xenthos was once an alcoholic.

Before an earthly flight

• edited April 2016
    It has my mark and is worn. It just doesn't maintain my tolerance level. Fluctuates between unabashed alcoholic and able to outdrink dwarves.

-- I did bug it, but I wasn't sure if artifact things should go through issues or forums or emails or what, or if the bug's fine and I am just going to have to wait. 
    edited April 2016
    Rancoura said:
    TIL Xenthos was once an alcoholic.
    He never really touched alcohol until the artifact came out, then destroyed his liver in order to be resistant to alcoholic-style-attacks in one concentrated binge.  Then went back to being a non-drinker again.

He did not leave his manse much during that, for some reason.

Edit to Ranah: Your BUG is fine.  If you feel it goes on too long, you can email ARTIFACTSatLUSTERNIAdotCOM (that's their email relating to artifact purchase questions and issues).  A bug report is the appropriate place to start though!
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Is there a reason why we have equilbirium -and- balance? I feel like losing one block 99.99% of all actions that require either anyway. not asking for a change, merely being curious as to why it is that way :)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • There are rare cases where you can use a balance ability while off eq, or an eq ability while off balance. Depending on the ability and its specifics, it can be used as a point of balance, to introduce strategical or tactical elements of choice and give-and-take.

Balance and eq also nominally reflects the nature (magic or physical) of some abilities, making "sense" in an RP-ish kind of way.

Ultimately, it's just legacy code from the original IRE game code.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @lerad Thanks, that makes sense. Just never came across anything that only required one of the two balances, hence my curiosity.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Aeldra A druid/~mancer's dissolve doesn't require eq but it does require balance. I think illusions used to be the same but I can't say for certain.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."