Simple questions?

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited March 2016
    25/25 is correct. 

No persistant speed boosts  have a maximum of more than 5, off hand. I'm comfortable with this, and would prefer that persistent speed boosts go away. 
  • Pretty sure there are persistent speed buffs with higher than */5. Can't recall which right now, and can't check till I get home from work. If I'm not mistaken, though, it's probably a monk skill.

edited March 2016
    Hmm, possibly. Nothing comes to mind though. I'll look through the skills some, possibly the psymet skill that boosted dex boosts higher than /5? 

EDIT: It really shouldn't though, it only boosted dex by 2, and that doesn't map onto a >/5 boost. 
  • To add to the information on Cosmic Quicken, yes, it's a 25/25 boost that lasts 12 seconds and costs 3 power. The initial Quicken also costs around 3 seconds of EQ, so you have 9 seconds of fast EQ to use.
    See you in Sapience.
  • From some experimenting you can generally spam about 5-6 attacks in that period. Might have changed a bit since then...
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Astrology Antlers and Dolphin do 1-3/8, with the caveat that they're astrology spheres.
  • Thanks for all the answers. I was wondering because I can pretty easily hit 3 in EQ and bal before using stag paints, but that still cap at 4 with paint. Have to bug an astrolger to push it further then.
    Another old question though

Lehki said:
    What's goop item 218 do, "a half-mask of soporific shades"? 

It's description mentions the Dreaming so my first guess would be letting non-weavers get into Nirvana, but the Artifact Ability section is blank.
    I am actually still wondering about this, if there's anybody can confirm rather then just guess? Or can an admin go fill in the info section on it. :P
    There is no artifact that lets non-dreamweavers into the dreaming. IIRC it lets you sleep/dream as someone who is over level 80. 
  • Does Hoaracle have an Order? His help file doesn't look like it does, but I can't be certain.

Through no fault of @Maylea, I am just about fed up with her Order.
  • Demartel said:
    Does Hoaracle have an Order? His help file doesn't look like it does, but I can't be certain.

Last I checked (maybe three or four rl-days ago when Tyngh was still in seren), he did not. But there IS a clan that has would-be members.

----------------------------

As for my question: is there a way to sell these dingbat dolls for gold? Or something else? Not really much I can do with bound dingbats, unless I have a metric ass ton of them.
    come2mag

• Tynghall said:
    Demartel said:
    Does Hoaracle have an Order? His help file doesn't look like it does, but I can't be certain.

Last I checked (maybe three or four rl-days ago when Tyngh was still in seren), he did not. But there IS a clan that has would-be members.

You can ask people to trade them for a doll and some credits. If you don't get the credits you  aren't any worse off.

• What is the "judicious presence" defense..?

Also is there a way I can keep a skylark permanently? >.> <.<
    beep
  • Yehn said:
    What is the "judicious presence" defense..?

It's an ascendant ability. Gives health/mana/ego buff to your whole org. 
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Yehn said:

The poteen skylarks will always eventually run away, but if you wanted a skylark companion you could order a skylark dweller or custom beast, made to your specifications! A custom beast is fancier and you can use it as a mount, while dwellers are more like your own personal npc follower. If you purchase sentience for them you're able to control their says and emotes, like how you may have seen Phoebus with Fata Morgana - that's me controlling her and basically having a glorified conversation with myself! And you can give them stuff like delivery powers and have your own personal postal skylark to drop gifts on people with, hehe. It's a pretty cool option if you wanted to look into it.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Question for anyone with a manse dweller that is also a mailer or an admin that might know - 

What are the messages used? Would it be the same as the deliver I already have? Or something else? Is it customisable?

• Since I'll be kind of getting into combat again soon, what's the real strength of a Geo demesne? It's been so long, I don't remember.

It looks mostly like a healthy dose of territory control + some damage. What's the real scoop, though?
    come2mag
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    territory control + some damage

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • The damage is big. Maybe not as big as pyromeld nowadays, not too sure, but the aoe proning can be fairly overbearing when you're forced to fight in it. Probably the only mage meld that is not druid meld that has consistent, passive proning. Territory control is definitely right, but can backfire if your own team gets scattered. Does make it harder to scatter enemies, too, though. It's generally a great meld for bruteforcing, because if the geomancer has a team at his back and can force enemies into his meld effects, the advantage is just multiplied. Not as good in small numbers.

• Phoebus said:
    Yehn said:

The poteen skylarks will always eventually run away, but if you wanted a skylark companion you could order a skylark dweller or custom beast, made to your specifications! A custom beast is fancier and you can use it as a mount, while dwellers are more like your own personal npc follower. If you purchase sentience for them you're able to control their says and emotes, like how you may have seen Phoebus with Fata Morgana - that's me controlling her and basically having a glorified conversation with myself! And you can give them stuff like delivery powers and have your own personal postal skylark to drop gifts on people with, hehe. It's a pretty cool option if you wanted to look into it.
    Was hoping there might be more of an IG way.. x.x One more thing for the someday list

But I don't think I've seen Fata, at least more than in passing..^^;
    beep
  • edited April 2016
    Edit: Never mind. Found it under HELP CUSTOMIZATION. 

I. R. Dum.
    come2mag
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited April 2016
    Yehn said:
    Phoebus said:
    Yehn said:

Was hoping there might be more of an IG way.. x.x One more thing for the someday list

But I don't think I've seen Fata, at least more than in passing..^^;
    She doesn't show up very often these days, admittedly. She's a little hard for me to play at times (I don't really play huge bi...g pain very well) and became slightly thematically awkward once Mysrai was released, not to mention I love my other beasties so much. I should probably see if it's possible to convert her into a dweller instead so she actually gets to come out more.

That said, here's my question, possibly not so simple: Is it possible to convert a custom beast into a dweller? I realize that's technically a downgrade, and they're kinda different things, but...  [-O<
  • Is there a meaningful reason to have beastmastery gust when one has a gust enchantment?

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I just begged all of Lirangsha and every krokani in it gave me exactly two gold. No variation at all. Bizarre coincidence, unknown (to me) mechanic, or April Fool's joke that someone forgot to turn off?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Eldanien said:
    Is there a meaningful reason to have beastmastery gust when one has a gust enchantment?
    Beastmastery gust doesn't use EQ, just beast balance. So yes, very meaningful reason
  • Portius said:
    I just begged all of Lirangsha and every krokani in it gave me exactly two gold. No variation at all. Bizarre coincidence, unknown (to me) mechanic, or April Fool's joke that someone forgot to turn off?
    That's been a thing for a week, now, and it's not just Lirangsha.  It's been bug reported.

• Is it still possible to get a teddy bear and complete the related quest or did I just miss it?
  • We got them from the czigzany wayfair.

• So it's too late?
  • The bear was tied to a dream related scavenger hunt, and was initially only available to people who participated at the time. Since the Czigany Wayfaire came about very shortly afterwards, the swaddled bears were listed for sale for those who missed it the first time, and they could then either do the quest, or put 10000 gold in the bear to get its permanent name.

Given the dream event has thoroughly ended, yes, it is probably too late. It -may- be that the bears will be for sale still when the Wayfaire rolls around again. But, maybe not.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Lerad said:
    The damage is big. Maybe not as big as pyromeld nowadays, not too sure, but the aoe proning can be fairly overbearing when you're forced to fight in it. Probably the only mage meld that is not druid meld that has consistent, passive proning. Territory control is definitely right, but can backfire if your own team gets scattered. Does make it harder to scatter enemies, too, though. It's generally a great meld for bruteforcing, because if the geomancer has a team at his back and can force enemies into his meld effects, the advantage is just multiplied. Not as good in small numbers.
    Pyromeld damage is pretty small, FYI. My passive meld tic is somewhere around 600-800, which is on par with druids. Geos should do more, especially if the target is prone. Does require multiple artifacts to maximize (blunt and poison) where as pyros are pure fire for everything. 

Geo demesne is beastly for its stun, large damage, and ability to keep the geomancer alive. Rubble makes you very hard to chase. Not as slippery as a druid, but still pretty slippery. Probably the best fortress demesne because it's a biiiiiitch to fight into with the rubble and the stun. It's probably the best overall demesne.

Also the best lag demesne.