m&mf

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    It's a problem with mudlet on Mac. Increase the size of your input box in settings. I bumped mine to 40,which gives me approx three lines worth of space.
  • Ok, this is driving me batty... m&m is doing this on stupidity as well... it is constantly doing "sip lucidity" even after I'm cured, whether cured by focus mind, sipping, or whatever. I mostly just deal with it, but I'm finally not sure what else to do to fix it. 

I have latest version.

Any help would be fantastic! Please and thank you!

==\/ \/ \/ LOGS \/ \/ \/ =====================
    You are afflicted with an unknown affliction.
    firstaid

You are:
    an insomniac.
    (insomnia - cured by smoke coltsfoot)
    paranoid.
    (paranoia - cured by drink lucidityslush)
    You have 2 afflictions.
    * FirstAid Sending: drink lucidityslush
    Aaaahhh. No one is out to get you after all.
    You have cured paranoia.

You have recovered equilibrium.

You may drink more lucidity slush potion.

sip lucidity

sip lucidity

sip lucidity

sip lucidity

sip lucidity

sip lucidity

sip lucidity

sip lucidity

sip lucidity
    You fumble about drunkenly.
    !

sip lucidity

sip lucidity

You stumble and fall in your alcoholic haze.
    springup

springup
    !

In a swift, fluid motion, you spring up from your hands to land crouched on your 
    feet.

!

sip lucidity
    You are not on the ground!

sip lucidity
    !

Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    1) don't use first aid, m&m only recognizes cures when it sends them. First aid is sending the sip, not the system, just use normal diagnosis. 2) is this the complete log out did you edit out stuff? It's hard to say what's going on here

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • 1) I used firstaid to see what the "unknown affliction" was. Ironically, using firstaid stops the system from continuuing to send "sip lucidity". I'll modify my custom trigger about unknown affliction to use diagnosis... 

2) Adding additional log at the bottom - this is pretty much it, start to finish anyway. I don't use a prompt because I have a custom prompt display.

== \/ \/ LOG \/ \/ =====
    You are afflicted with an unknown affliction.
    firstaid

You are:
    an insomniac.
    paranoid.
    (paranoia - cured by drink lucidityslush)
    You have 2 afflictions.
    * FirstAid Sending: drink lucidityslush
    Aaaahhh. No one is out to get you after all.
    You have cured paranoia.

sip lucidity

sip lucidity

sip lucidity

sip lucidity

sip lucidity

lua gmcp.Char.Afflictions
    {
      Remove = {
        "paranoia"
      },
      Add = {
        cure = "smoke soothingsteam",
        name = "manabarbs",
        desc = "Manabarbs will cause bodily damage whenever mana is used."
      },
      List = {
        {
          cure = "drink lucidityslush",
          name = "paranoia",
          desc = "Paranoia marks the loss of rationality in dealing with others, 
    causing you to consider everyone an enemy. Further, you will steadily add those 
    around you to your enemy list, and will be unable to remove them until the 
    paranoia is cured."
        }
      }
    }

sip lucidity

firstaid
    !

!

You are:
    an insomniac.
    You have 1 affliction.

lua gmcp.Char.Afflictions
    {
      Remove = {
        "paranoia"
      },
      Add = {
        cure = "smoke soothingsteam",
        name = "manabarbs",
        desc = "Manabarbs will cause bodily damage whenever mana is used."
      },
      List = {
      }
    }
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
  • edited March 2016
    Actually triggering on "You are afflicted with an unknown affliction." and doing firstaid - is not me. That's the system. At least I have nothing custom of my own triggering on this particular line at all.

EDIT:
    FirstAid also would send "sip lucidityslush" but m&m is sending "sip lucidity" which is in the main m&m.xml file at the following lines:
    m&m:15435:        send("sip lucidity", conf.commandecho)
    m&m:15623:        send("sip lucidity", conf.commandecho)
    m&m:15826:        send("sip lucidity", conf.commandecho)
    m&m:15907:        send("sip lucidity", conf.commandecho)
    m&m:17681:        send("sip lucidity", conf.commandecho)
    m&m:17770:        send("sip lucidity", conf.commandecho)
    m&m:18317:        send("sip lucidity", conf.commandecho)
    m&m:18396:        send("sip lucidity", conf.commandecho)
    m&m:19093:        send("sip lucidity", conf.commandecho)
    m&m:19354:        send("sip lucidity", conf.commandecho)

I've tried patching it myself but -something- is just not recognizing that I'm healed. I think it's being too clever with GMCP. Because GMCP even thinks I still have paranoia until I do firstaid command again.
    Zarialle's first dance:
    No, it's not the system sending firstaid

GMCP also removes paranoia fine. see the Remove table.

Here's how it works 

You send firstaid - lusternia sends diag

When you get the diag, m&m recognizes what affs you have from the diag list. but firstaid sends the cure right away, before m&m can react.

You cure it, but m&m doesn't recognize it. so it's sending sip lucidity a bunch (it shouldn't be spamming it, so that's another issue).

Then when you firstaid again - it again sends diag, which m&m reads and says oh, you're cured, don't need to cure it anymore. So it stops.

Firstaid is something you're doing, not m&m.

The spamming part is something I'm more concerned with. It should recognize that you're curing nothing on a lucidity sip and stop trying. But your log never actually shows a lucidity being sipped. So it's hard to say what's happening. Do you have that line gagged or something?

With your customprompt - is it customprompt through m&m or your own doing? That may be an issue as well. If you're using your own, I would turn your prompt on, and then use the mmconfig customprompt option to set it to nothing.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    as a check @Zarialle - before you do anything, pause m&m (use 'pp' - should have a (p) in front of your prompt). Sip some poison or get some aff not on lucidity. Then while still paused, do firstaid, and without diaging or doing firstaid a second time, unpause. If it spams the cure for that, it probably has to do with your prompt. I just tested this with lucidity and ice balances on my system (v7) and it worked as it should, so it's something else going on with your side of things.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Bear with me - I'm not forum savvy and this widget is not friendly:

Synkarin said:
    No, it's not the system sending firstaid

GMCP also removes paranoia fine. see the Remove table.
    Ok - it was still in the List as if it were an "Active" affliction so I wasn't sure.

Here's how it works 

You send firstaid - lusternia sends diag

When you get the diag, m&m recognizes what affs you have from the diag list. but firstaid sends the cure right away, before m&m can react.

You cure it, but m&m doesn't recognize it. so it's sending sip lucidity a bunch (it shouldn't be spamming it, so that's another issue).

Then when you firstaid again - it again sends diag, which m&m reads and says oh, you're cured, don't need to cure it anymore. So it stops.
    Ok, this makes sense.

Firstaid is something you're doing, not m&m.
    I'm still not finding where in my triggers or anything this is happening though. I did not find it in m&m code either. So am wondering if this is triggering on something else. In the meantime I changed the one trigger that -might- be firing to use DIAG ME.

The spamming part is something I'm more concerned with. It should recognize that you're curing nothing on a lucidity sip and stop trying. But your log never actually shows a lucidity being sipped. So it's hard to say what's happening. Do you have that line gagged or something?
    Found this line - I was gagging it, yes. I removed it for now. I try to trim the spam as much as possible...

With your customprompt - is it customprompt through m&m or your own doing? That may be an issue as well. If you're using your own, I would turn your prompt on, and then use the mmconfig customprompt option to set it to nothing.
    I'm using the mmconfig customprompt - yes. This is what my prompt normally would look like without it on:

7300h, 6300m, 9800e, 10p ex-

Zarialle's first dance:
  • Zarialle said:
    Actually triggering on "You are afflicted with an unknown affliction." and doing firstaid - is not me. That's the system. At least I have nothing custom of my own triggering on this particular line at all.

EDIT:
    FirstAid also would send "sip lucidityslush" but m&m is sending "sip lucidity" which is in the main m&m.xml file at the following lines:
    m&m:15435:        send("sip lucidity", conf.commandecho)
    m&m:15623:        send("sip lucidity", conf.commandecho)
    m&m:15826:        send("sip lucidity", conf.commandecho)
    m&m:15907:        send("sip lucidity", conf.commandecho)
    m&m:17681:        send("sip lucidity", conf.commandecho)
    m&m:17770:        send("sip lucidity", conf.commandecho)
    m&m:18317:        send("sip lucidity", conf.commandecho)
    m&m:18396:        send("sip lucidity", conf.commandecho)
    m&m:19093:        send("sip lucidity", conf.commandecho)
    m&m:19354:        send("sip lucidity", conf.commandecho)

I've tried patching it myself but -something- is just not recognizing that I'm healed. I think it's being too clever with GMCP. Because GMCP even thinks I still have paranoia until I do firstaid command again.
    Use 'df' to check defenses and 'dv' to have m&m check 'diag'.
  • Synkarin said:
    as a check @Zarialle - before you do anything, pause m&m (use 'pp' - should have a (p) in front of your prompt). Sip some poison or get some aff not on lucidity. Then while still paused, do firstaid, and without diaging or doing firstaid a second time, unpause. If it spams the cure for that, it probably has to do with your prompt. I just tested this with lucidity and ice balances on my system (v7) and it worked as it should, so it's something else going on with your side of things.

When I hunted mammoths in Icewynd, I did this at some point to test but I forget the results. I have to run for a bit, but may need to try testing this with stupidity later. Anything involving lucidity is doing this for me.
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Another thing to check is if you have the linebreak active. try doing 'config prompt remove linebreak' as well

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You should also consider using m&m's in-built system for catching unknown afflictions. By default, it's set to only check diagnose every 3(?) unknown afflictions. Set it to 1, and it should automatically diagnose in a system-kosher way every time it gets an unknown affliction. You can even set up a toggle for yourself to swap it between 1 (for bashing etc.) and some other number for pk, where it might not be in your best interest to diagnose every unknwon affliction.
  • Aha, found it... oi vey...:| #-o I missed this at least three times in my troubleshooting... and blame my closeness to my own creation. >.>

So, yes, this was part of my old spammy way of curing via firstaid. Before I got m&m and was just needing something quick/easy to survive. 

Changed the "firstaid" to "dv" and it works. It also stops spamming. 

Now, I'm not sure why m&m was still spamming it in my other scenario. Because I have received the line about "potion goes down without effect" <- whatever that exact line is, and m&m -still- didn't stop trying to sip lucidity for me. 
    Zarialle's first dance:
  • Enyalida said:
    You should also consider using m&m's in-built system for catching unknown afflictions. By default, it's set to only check diagnose every 3(?) unknown afflictions. Set it to 1, and it should automatically diagnose in a system-kosher way every time it gets an unknown affliction. You can even set up a toggle for yourself to swap it between 1 (for bashing etc.) and some other number for pk, where it might not be in your best interest to diagnose every unknwon affliction.
    This would be handy! I'm not sure I've run across this config as yet?
    Zarialle's first dance:
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's unknownany, right at the bottom of the mmconfig output. You  can also subconfigure unknown focus (lucidity) afflictions. 
  • Aaah!

@Synkarin @Steingrim @Enyalida - thank you all for helping! This mystery was driving me nuts for a while and it really helped having other eyes troubleshoot :D 
    :-bd
    Zarialle's first dance:
    version 9 has been released.

You may be asking why we jumped from 7 to 9, and the reason is because thanks to keneanung from Achaea - m&m should be able to automatically update again. In order to test it to make sure it worked, I had to release the version with the update script corrected and then make a new release to ensure that it works. 

So it should be much easier to update moving forward.

In addition there are a few other fixes

If you are missing a tinderbox, it won't spam lighting of pipes anymore (thanks @Vadi)
    Malefectgem will assume asthma now instead of anorexia (Thanks @Shedrin)
    An issue with Celest highlighting incorrectly with ndb has been resolved (thanks @Tarkenton)
    and some other various fixes.

Enjoy

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • @Synkarin how about making the m&mf clan m&mf specific, but also a general combat and coding clan? People can still use their selective clans the way they want, but it would be nice to have a place to talks about lua/regex and combat specifics all ooc and across all orgs.
  • There's a clan for that already as well - "Let's have a Mud Party" because "Mudlet clan" was a no-no by the admins.
  • Vadi said:
    There's a clan for that already as well - "Let's have a Mud Party" because "Mudlet clan" was a no-no by the admins.
    Right but why have two when one could work? m&mf really doesn't get much traffic and not everyone uses mudlet.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    As a heads up to healing users, m&m doesn't seem to cure neither recklessness nor burns while being in usehealing=full. Investigating and trying to provide a fix.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited March 2016
    Aeldra said:
    As a heads up to healing users, m&m doesn't seem to cure neither recklessness nor burns while being in usehealing=full. Investigating and trying to provide a fix.
    I actually had this problem a little while ago... it's probably because it's assuming your mana is below the "stop using all mana skills" cutoff. See my tosha logs a few pages back for all the gritty detail...

But a nice improvement would be to have m&m fall back to normal curing when it thinks you don't have enough mana to use healing skills...
    beep
    @yehn thanks, will look into it.
  • It's still supposed to fallback to normal cures if you can't cure a certain affliction - because you don't have the skill level yet or it's uncurable by healing, or you're out of mana.
    Hi, I wanted to let people know that unfortunately for you, I'm on a mini vacation and won't be back until tomorrow night.
    I will try and get an update out at that time, after I test stuff. Good luck until then.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Question, for anyone who can help answer - I'm still having trouble as shown before with stupidity. A lot of it is because I was curing it before m&m could, but when I disabled that, I noticed m&m is not using focus mind. I have it enabled, plus focus body, but it's still trying to sip lucidity instead, ignoring that.

I tried look at prios but that doesn't seem to be it - as the sip vs focus prios are different, whereas I'm more so looking to prioritize Focus over sipping if I have focus balance.

Thoughts? 

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Zarialle's first dance:
  • If you do MMSHOW you will see a list of things. In there will be all the balances for curing. Lower stupidity in the lucidity balance and make sure it is higher in the focus balance. In general you will want to adjust a lot of afflictions once you figure out your optimal priority for cuing, unless you can get one of the more established fighters to help you set up an optimal curing list.
  • (m&mf): some m&mf info:
    (m&mf): Defence modes:
      basic (-), combat (-), empty (-), mine (-) (+ add new)
    (m&mf): Anti-illusion: disabled
    (m&mf): Defence keepup: enabled
    (m&mf): Bashing triggers: enabled
    (m&mf): View parry & stance setup: mmsp show
    (m&mf): View priorities (reset all to default):
      herb, focus, salve, purgative, sip, balance, misc, aeon/sap/choke/retardation,
     stance/parry, lucidity, steam, wafer, ice
    (m&mf): Arena mode:       enabled(m&mf): # of people on the highlightignore: 0 
    (view)

--- Looks like it is set right based on those instructions? 
    --- Also, with stupidity, it keeps trying to sip lucidity non-stop and does not recognise it's been cured - similar to paranoia that I posted about before.
    Zarialle's first dance:
    trying to figure out, m&m's namedb seems to have stopped being able to discern people's org (at least for me). Anybody else who that stopped working for and possibly found a workaround/fix?
  • Aeldra said:
    trying to figure out, m&m's namedb seems to have stopped being able to discern people's org (at least for me). Anybody else who that stopped working for and possibly found a workaround/fix?
    I had this happen and just uninstalled and reinstalled. In my case it stopped tracking guilds and displaying it in CWHO. But, I also had a mishap with someone just slamming my keyboard in random combinations so who knows why it stopped for me. But this solved it. The names and subsequent info were retained just  fine so I didn't have to gather names from scratch.
    Zarialle's first dance: