Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Mage bombs are definitely better for damage than druid bombs, though not by a huge margin all things equal. 

Mages do more damage, druids are better at splitting. I think it's pretty fair. 

• Fury:
    5 cutting + Master armour

[19:06:57.375] [H:100%|M:98%|E:100%][P:10(118)][dbkrexlr][Vladimere]
    Like the hand of an angry god, nature turns against you as trees come alive and pound you with heavy branches. Rocks and debris fly through the air,
    slicing into your skin, while the fury of the wind mixes with the angry howl of beasts.
    [19:06:58.530] [H:37%|M:97%|E:100%][P:10(118)][dbkrexlr][Vladimere](-7076h, 62.6%, -106m, 1.3%)

5 cutting no master armour

[19:07:27.951] [H:100%|M:98%|E:100%][P:10(118)][dbkrexlr][Vladimere](-105m, 1.3%)
    Like the hand of an angry god, nature turns against you as trees come alive and pound you with heavy branches. Rocks and debris fly through the air,
    slicing into your skin, while the fury of the wind mixes with the angry howl of beasts.
    [19:07:29.277] [H:16%|M:98%|E:100%][P:10(118)][dbkrexlr][Vladimere](-9430h, 83.5%)

Inferno:
    5 fire + master armour
    [17:22:40.491] [H:100%|M:98%|E:100%][P:10(80)][dbkrexlr][Vladimere]
    The burning pyres of incandescent fire suddenly erupt and coalesce into a roaring inferno. The inferno twists like a white hot tornado and you scream
    as it engulfs you, searing the flesh from your bones.
    Your flesh is charred, and you receive first degree burns.
    The burning husk that was once the body of Maligorn slumps to the ground, now nothing more than another burning ember that litters the landscape.
    Maligorn drops a stalk of faeleaf.
    Maligorn drops a kafe bean.
    Maligorn drops a bog myrtle leaf.
    Maligorn drops a sparkleberry.
    Having been too much for the mortal threads of Maligorn, he screams in agony as flames engulf his body and burn it to a crisp.
    [17:22:40.927] [H:19%|M:98%|E:100%][P:10(80)][dbkrexlr][Vladimere](apply liniment to chest|sip health|read 149773|recharge 149773 from cube|eat
    sparkleberry|outr 1 sparkleberry)(-9151h, 81.0%)
    Falmiis said:
    For reference, here is Avurekhos with 11 cutting buff to my 7 resistance and 20% physical reduction from armour:

8300h|100%, 8800m|100%, 9300e|105%, 10p exksSi - Gero
    Like the hand of an angry god, nature turns against you as trees come alive and pound you with heavy branches. Rocks and
    debris fly through the air, slicing into your skin, while the fury of the wind mixes with the angry howl of beasts.
    3082h|37%, 8800m|100%, 9300e|105%, 10p exksSi - Gero (-5218h, 62.9%)

Same test without any armour:
    8300h|100%, 8800m|100%, 9300e|100%, 10p exbksSi - Gero
    Like the hand of an angry god, nature turns against you as trees come alive and pound you with heavy branches. Rocks and
    debris fly through the air, slicing into your skin, while the fury of the wind mixes with the angry howl of beasts.
    1723h|20%, 8800m|100%, 9300e|100%, 10p exbksSi - Gero (-6577h, 79.2%)

• Tylwyth said:
    I could swear Stratas or somebody had envoyed Fury so it will go from 100% cutting to 50% cutting 25/25 other(electricity/divinus for the serens and poison/excoro for the Glom).

...?

Do you even know who I am?
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Mage bombs are definitely better for damage than druid bombs, though not by a huge margin all things equal. 

Mages do more damage, druids are better at splitting. I think it's pretty fair. 

It's a pretty huge margin, and that definitely depends on the mage type. 
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    My empathy for poor Druids is shockingly low while sap exists. 
  • edited March 2016
    I don't think 20% is a huge margin, though I suppose that definition is going to be determined by your position in the argument. 

Contextually speaking, just because mages do X damage doesn't mean druids should as well. They are the same skills, but in the context of the rest of the skillsets, there's not underlying reason why they should be identical. The skillsets, in general, are nothing alike, and there's a substantive argument to be made about druids not doing as much damage as mages due to several things like sap, treelife, etc.

edit: Also it wouldn't have really mattered if you guys didn't rush me in the middle of my meld and let me walk out.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    My empathy is pretty high for anyone who has to redesign their entire skillset right now and get it nice and balanced. What a nightmare.
    Shuyin said:
    My empathy for poor Druids is shockingly low while sap exists. 

I mean, granted. There isn't any denying that 20% is a pretty massive margin though. It's equivalent to just under 7 additional levels of buff. That's +50% buff levels. 
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Yeah, in a vacuum, mage damage > druid damage. 

But as someone in these forums likes to say, "You can't just look at things in a vacuum". 

You know what's outside that vacuum? Sap, swoop, gore, treelife, and the stupid terrible worst skill of them all - stagstomp.
    edited March 2016
    Heh, stagstomp. The chuckles were had. 

EDIT: Also I agree - let's not increase the damage on fury, I don't support that or increase the damage on any of these things. It's just not fair to say that "It's the same as fury" (which it isn't) or that 20% is anything but a huge margin (it is). 
  • 20% is nothing to sneeze at when you're still doing upwards of 5k damage in a theoretical 30-room range that bypasses shield, strips protection, etc.

I'm still of the opinion that all of the trans -mancy/Fury skills are dumb and need greater limiting factors.

As @Shuyin and Celina have both said though, Druid has advantages outside of raw damage. The ability to split groups up with ease coupled with good utility with stuff like Medicinebag, Stagstomp, Gore for Stag and Spiderweb, Bonenose, and Squall for Crow.

Treelife coupled with the rest of those is a game changer for team fights and Druid is just strong in general right now. Anyone who believes otherwise is a teensy bit deluded at the moment. I'd rather be a Druid than a Mage.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Twytch said:
    I will now always see Emma Stone when thinking of @Cyndarin
    Cyndarin is certainly sassy enough!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Would have to be a drag queen. A shady drag queen.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited March 2016
    Most of the reason I like killing people is purely because I like seeing the ASCII art for my absolve kill
  • Just because someone is raiding doesn't mean you should send them mean tells :(

I don't think languagerules is even enforced but seriously, don't be mean
  • edited March 2016
    Gwenelle said:
    Just because someone is raiding doesn't mean you should send them mean tells :(

I have generally found that some rules are more enforced reactively rather than proactively - if someone is acting in a toxic manner, ISSUE them and let the admin know.  Their workload can be quite hefty so they don't necessarily have the time to monitor everything going on, but they WILL follow up on complaints.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Gwenelle said:
    Just because someone is raiding doesn't mean you should send them mean tells :(

Killing lowbies over and over will likely get you some mean tells. However, languagerules are something to be considered.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Like the vengeful paw of an angry god, you feel a stabbing pain through your chest as a crashing and clattering jerks you awake; your laptop lying barely functional on the floor as the culprit leaps from the pool table and streaks up the stairs in an unidentifiable black blur.

I'm out until I can replace the laptop that's been with me since I came to America. Rest in peace, little guy. 

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • First it was one "lowbie", second they came up on Ethereal and taunted saying they were untouchable, then did so again on prime. But someone (who has been playing that glom for about a year and a half now) should know that going out of their way to call someone an asshole isn't going to help them at all or make me want to leave. Though I will say they at least didn't say anything else once I pointed to languagerules. So there's that.

Tip of the day: Don't goad PKers and defenitely don't curse at them if you are wanting them to leave any time soon
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Niico would beg to differ.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited March 2016
    I'm untouchable. Come at me bro.

edit: HELP LANGUAGERULES does not protect you from being cursed at. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I want to like Tremula ' s post because of the picture, but not the post :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    We have snub for a reason, folks. If they're mean to you and say bad words to make you sniffle, snub them and get over it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Gwenelle said:
    Most of the reason I like killing people is purely because I like seeing the ASCII art for my absolve kill
    Colouring it was a b****
  • I don't really care all that much but I like how the general consensus for toxicity is grow a thicker skin
This discussion has been closed.