Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Gwenelle said:
    First it was one "lowbie", second they came up on Ethereal and taunted saying they were untouchable, then did so again on prime. But someone (who has been playing that glom for about a year and a half now) should know that going out of their way to call someone an asshole isn't going to help them at all or make me want to leave. Though I will say they at least didn't say anything else once I pointed to languagerules. So there's that.

Tip of the day: Don't goad PKers and defenitely don't curse at them if you are wanting them to leave any time soon
    I told @Candide to leave Ethereal, after more information, looks like they got/deserved one death for goading. But four? One on Prime?

I don't come when called, no matter how many lowbies curse at you. I fight on Glomdoring's terms, not the terms of someone who is being upset at a lowbie who is getting their come-uppence (sp.).

You're also looking for uneven fights on your terms, and being a wise sort of person, I decided to save some experience for the low and midbies late my time. Because the minute I would likely retaliate, it would be five or six against me and maybe one hopeful new Pker. If Candide doesn't listen to me, well, fiddlesticks.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    If you are doing something mean, someone may do something mean back to you. It is not toxic (unless taken to extremes on either end, at least, which is what ISSUES are for). Nobody is entitled to one-way-Mean-Street here. That is what single-player games are for.
  • edited March 2016
    Tarkenton said:
    I got told to not be Nienla. Girls please, you don't even know what you started.
    I solo raided Celestia and got 6 person ganked by Hallifax and Seren. I said "hahaha" after I died and got called Nienla.

Why is laughing Nienla, and why is that bad?

edit: Does anyone say "you're being Celina?" Can I be an insult too?
  • Salome said:

You're also looking for uneven fights on your terms, 
    Because 2 versus 2 is uneven right?
  • Raids are dumb. Go queue for FFA/Wargames instead!
  • The problem is, I do participate in those fights at around 7pm my time in Ethereal Glomdoring pretty often. 
  • Gwenelle said:
    Salome said:

You're also looking for uneven fights on your terms, 
    Because 2 versus 2 is uneven right?

Uneven fights don't have to be number based,  even numbers does not equal equal skill. I don't know who was all up there, but I saw Candide die a few times and obviously her skill is nothing compared to yours.
  • Lavinya said:
    I get people want a fight, doesn't always mean you'll get it. Especially when you raid when no one is around or only little people and those disinterested in pk. Weekday you really want is a kill against someone you know you can beat. Why not put on some big girl pants and gank someone like Synkarin? Pretty sure they'll give you the fight you want and won't even call you mean names! In fact they'd probably give you pointers instead. Unless you don't actually want a fight and just want to feel tough?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Weekday? I don't even know what that was supposed to be. Autocorrect + no caffeine = idk

• edited March 2016

Tarkenton said:
    I got told to not be Nienla. Girls please, you don't even know what you started.
    I solo raided Celestia and got 6 person ganked by Hallifax and Seren. I said "hahaha" after I died and got called Nienla.

It's funny. When I first came back, people were calling me "Celina". Now it's on the other foot.

If I had to take a guess: THEY HATE US CAUSE THEY AIN'T US.

Or more accurately, people love to have an adversary. Given that I was generally raiding or fighting often with success, I guess I got that label.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tarkenton said:

Because Nienla was at one point known for solo raiding and then when a group shows up and kills her, talking trash as a soul before she congluted/phoenixed about how it took so many to kill her.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited March 2016
    Shaddus said:
    Tarkenton said:

Because Nienla was at one point known for solo raiding and then when a group shows up and kills her, talking trash as a soul before she congluted/phoenixed about how it took so many to kill her.
    I got better, at least. I don't do dat no 'mo.

Get ganked, life goes on.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited March 2016
    Shaddus said:
    It's been 9 weeks, give or take, since I rolled an alt in Lusternia. I tried to make a Shadowdancer today but couldn't even start the intro.

I think I've broken the cycle.
  • Shaddus said:
    It's been 9 weeks, give or take, since I rolled an alt in Lusternia. I tried to make a Shadowdancer today but couldn't even start the intro.

But what about the ones you've left behind? :(
  • Happy trails Shaddus
  • Shaddus said:

You've reached the limit of alts, nomoreforyou!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

I'll still be around on the forums and randomly checking in on Subotai to make sure people aren't burning Gaudiguch down.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Aspiring PKers need only kill Juur to prove their mettle.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Dear Netflix, please add more seasons of Archer.

Love,

Me
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.

• Salome said:
    Dear Netflix, please add more seasons of Archer.

Love,

Me
    Season seven starts in three days!
  • Gwenelle said:
    First it was one "lowbie", second they came up on Ethereal and taunted saying they were untouchable, then did so again on prime. But someone (who has been playing that glom for about a year and a half now) should know that going out of their way to call someone an asshole isn't going to help them at all or make me want to leave. Though I will say they at least didn't say anything else once I pointed to languagerules. So there's that.

Tip of the day: Don't goad PKers and defenitely don't curse at them if you are wanting them to leave any time soon
    No one really reacted to you killing Candide, she was told not to go there and she suffered for that.
    I called you an arsehole, all of once, when you decided to kill the Swampghast, who only exists to give newbies gold for killing  vermin. I mean, upon reflection that's probably beneath me. And OOC I know you just wanted to provoke a fight, so it's not like I even hold it against you. But IC it was aggravating. 
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• FYI, Swampghast is invulnerable
This discussion has been closed.