Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Nobody does. Wtf. The world revolves around Celina, apparently.

• Lol. Defending those off-peak absolves? Really? It's obvious that those absolves are timed specifically at periods when there are no chances of a meaningful resistance. When I happen to be around, I'm more than happy to jump in to surprise those absolves against the odds and give it a shot, but trying to argue that those absolves are not timed specially to avoid conflict is just... lol.

What's ironic is that in the same breath, we're apparently also arguing that an absolve is 'a big fuck you'... and then turning around to try and justify those off-peak ones. And the 'south bullies the hell out of the north'? That's one hell of a victim complex there, lol

Leolamins said:

See false arguments again.  I was not there. 

Leolamins said:

I stay logged in into my manse ALL the time.  Significantly different than actually playing.  
    So...what you're saying is that you actually were there. And are here. Fighting on the forums instead of contesting the domoth.

• Scanlan said:
    I think you mean to flip that sir....although I giggled cause of the last post by Maligorn about calling you a liar if that was wrong.
    Truth be told, its easy to make mistakes. (We are only human)
    You knew what I meant >:(
  • edited April 2016
    Are you kidding?

Most combatants are generally aware of when they engage in conflict and who they tend to see and not see among the opposition. 

If I raid every day between the hours of 1 pm and 2 pm, I'm going to have an generally understanding of who I might see defend during those times. Because i'm not a goldfish, and my memory lasts more the 2 minutes.

Are you kidding me with this crap?
  • It's less avoiding actual conflict, and more...how can this be made clearer? The North is active during the South's off peak times, and vice versa. We don't glue ourselves to our screens at 4am, or log in during our lunch breaks, just to initiate that sure win absolve. 
    See you in Sapience.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Also, I think it is fair to point out that you did not choose to upgrade Knowledge at this point; it came out of dormancy, a period generated by RNG.

If you had chosen to upgrade it, I definitely would have to give you kudos, but it's just not the same thing.  The numbers of people who were actually at the game favoured you; you should take that as a sign that you actually can play the game at this time of day.  It is quite possible, you just proved it!
    Lerad said:
    Lol. Defending those off-peak absolves? Really? It's obvious that those absolves are timed specifically at periods when there are no chances of a meaningful resistance. When I happen to be around, I'm more than happy to jump in to surprise those absolves against the odds and give it a shot, but trying to argue that those absolves are not timed specially to avoid conflict is just... lol.

What's ironic is that in the same breath, we're apparently also arguing that an absolve is 'a big fuck you'... and then turning around to try and justify those off-peak ones. And the 'south bullies the hell out of the north'? That's one hell of a victim complex there, lol
    I'm not justifying off-peak absolves in any way other than that people were actually there to contest it. Yes, absolves are a big fuck you -- for both sides.

edited April 2016
    Why I use the word bullying is because apparently, we're cowards and avoiding conflict when we don't come to the big peak-time (for the South) absolves, but then get berated for absolving during peak North times. Like, what.

EDIT: Which is IN ADDITION to this recent knowledge claim, where farscout reports were literally double our forces.

• edited April 2016
    Xenthos said:
    Also, I think it is fair to point out that you did not choose to upgrade Knowledge at this point; it came out of dormancy, a period generated by RNG.

If you had chosen to upgrade it, I definitely would have to give you kudos, but it's just not the same thing.  The numbers of people who were actually at the game favoured you; you should take that as a sign that you actually can play the game at this time of day.  It is quite possible, you just proved it!
    It's also a week end. Harder to do during the work days of the week.

Also...Knowledge was free, it came out of dormancy. Serenwilde and Celest went to get it, Hallifax couldn't even help because Aeden holds Beauty. A quick farscout during the domoth:

(Anonymous): Falmiis (from the Aetherways) says, 
    "Enemies present in the realms: Xenthos, Scanlan, Silvanus, Leolamins, Versalean, Sylvanas, Athree, Ulalah, Veldrin, Esca."

See you in Sapience.
  • How about we turn this around? Can south start doing any pk event between midnight/3am and 5am/8am PDT/EDT (I even converted it for you!)?

This argument is dumb because nobody is wrong to do these things when it is convenient for them.
  • Xenthos said:
    Demartel said:
    Leolamins said:
    Maligorn said:
    And avoiding conflict? Really?

Here was the enemy list on the recent Knowledge claim that Hallifax was not allowed to join:

Xenthos, Scanlan, Salome, Leolamins, Versalean, Sylvanas, Athree, Steingrim, Ulalah, Veldrin, Esca. I think I saw Synkarin too.
    He was referring to the members of the South who were online, but did nothing to stop us. Celina was around too, but chose the forums to fight on instead.
    So you think it's fine for you to have real-life things, including child-duty that magically crops up once numbers in a fight shift, but it's absolutely and totally unreasonable for the other side to have anything going on when they weren't even involved in anything to start with?

Okay then!
    -redacted because I am better than that-

I said don't complain if we see you are around and move forward. In regards to your reference, I never complained at all that you went ahead when I was afk. I couldn't have cared less if you did somethign while I was afk. What I did do is point out that your complaining about us not fighting you was because, in my part, I was AFK.

See the difference here? In both instances you are the ones complaining.

Not to mention that your idea of numbers shifting was a full hour after the fight ended, a fight that was almost 3 hours long to begin with according to my logs.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk

Maligorn said:
    Next absolve? There was another absolve? I stayed up for at least two hours after Knowledge, and went to bed. "Right after" is inaccurate. I literally saw Silvanus ascend to the Havens during the absolve. Avurekhos and Ymuli were pretty fuckin' silent if you ask me. The only person waiting in the wings might've been Demartel.

I was actually around the entire time and even said that an absolve was coming. I just didn't see it start at all. I went t the havens to check on a bug and help out envoys.

It's a game. No one really cares what time you decide to raid, it's the defensive attitudes, the gloating and the inability to empathize which most people call out on. 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    The facts don't lie. We're not the ones avoiding conflict here.

I get that Cyndarin is feeling put out by missing the conflict, but frankly, it's so self-centered and rather delusional to think that the North operates around his playtime.

• edited April 2016
     The defensive arguments are something I am still really confused by here since coming to this game. I see it on both sides, someone is always a victim or a martyr.
     The forums here are pretty awful with it, its not about when or why or how things were done. Its the shaking finger-points and forehead veins that turn me off.

Also as an aside, is it permissable to continuously call out people by name here, thats another thing that was a forum no no in Aetolia, led to a shitty Environment.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I wasn't (and am not) around for Knowledge because I'm on child care duty and I knew I couldn't fight, so I logged off before Knowledge freed up because I didn't want to be tempted to fight instead of watching and playing with my kids.

I'll point out that I also wasn't involved in raiding, or raid defense, or any other business before Knowledge freed up either.

I didn't sit on Prime, didn't purposefully avoid conflict and do other things or anything of the sort. I literally logged off because I couldn't participate. 

So nice try on the hypocrisy rhetoric, but it's simply not true.

It also happens to be the reason 32 posts went up since I asked you the difference between absolves. 

Lopsided by default? Only if you choose a time to absolve when it's lopsided by default, absolves themselves are not inherently lopsided by default, no more than revolts, domoths, faethorn fights, raids etc. Again, seems pretty arbitrary to assign absolves. Absolves are conflict mechanics, like raids, revolts, flares, faethorn fights etc. I'd say they are much less of a f--- you than killing supernals/spheres whatever.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Maligorn said:
    Leolamins said:

Leolamins said:

I stay logged in into my manse ALL the time.  Significantly different than actually playing.  
    So...what you're saying is that you actually were there. And are here. Fighting on the forums instead of contesting the domoth.

No I was not in lusternia and I am still not in Lusternia.  I just woke up.  On my phone in bed.....and decided I wouldn't let you lies stand.  Honestly you should embrace your tactic, not be all coy about it.  Just come out at say, "It is a valid tactic to fight when there are less people online and we deliberately target our absolves and domoth upgrades during that time".

Once you do that we can argue, if that is good for the game or not and as Rivius said if the mechanics need changing.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    The War absolve saw even less opposition online, FYI. 

If by a full hour you mean ~5 minutes; we had people show up to defend Ethereal Glomdoring, the enemy force (including you and Aeden) decided to leave about 2 minutes after we got in, then we went straight up to absolve his Domoth because we were hoping to get you folks to come back.  That's a far cry from going, "Oh hey, people are in manses, they absolutely cannot be afk, clearly they are here!" (I mean, just see Twytch's post right before yours-- Falmiis was literally scrying from the aetherways and reporting on people in the aetherways).

PS: We're not complaining about you taking knowledge.  I haven't seen a single one.  What I am doing is pointing out that you did not choose to do Knowledge-- and that if you had, you would have also had success!  That's not a complaint, that is pointing out a fallacy in the entire "Woe are we, we are not active during this time of day" argument.
    Synkarin said:
    I wasn't (and am not) around for Knowledge because I'm on child care duty and I knew I couldn't fight, so I logged off before Knowledge freed up because I didn't want to be tempted to fight instead of watching and playing with my kids.

I'll point out that I also wasn't involved in raiding, or raid defense, or any other business before Knowledge freed up either.

I didn't sit on Prime, didn't purposefully avoid conflict and do other things or anything of the sort. I literally logged off because I couldn't participate. 

It also happens to be the reason 32 posts went up since I asked you the difference between absolves. 

Lopsided by default? Only if you choose a time to absolve when it's lopsided by default, absolves themselves are not inherently lopsided by default, no more than revolts, domoths, faethorn fights, raids etc. Again, seems pretty arbitrary to assign absolves. Absolves are conflict mechanics, like raids, revolts, flares, faethorn fights etc. I'd say they are much less of a f--- you than killing supernals/spheres whatever.
    Hey man, according to Xenthos, you can't play with your kids or do anything following or anticipating a conflict mechanic or you're just avoiding conflict. You should talk to him about that.

• Silvanus said:

It's a game. No one really cares what time you decide to raid, it's the defensive attitudes, the gloating and the inability to empathize which most people call out on. 
    If both sides can agree to cut down on the gloating, sure, we'll all have more fun. We just really don't like being told we're always avoiding conflict when we play during our peak time.

I mean, we've constantly come back and fought off the north even against uneven odds for the past two weeks and we're still getting called fairweather players. @Yarith led a suicidal but unrelenting push back during the countless War absolves, @Demartel swooped in and stole Life, @Avurekhos led just two orgs to take Knowledge when the whole of the South could have contested him and we're still getting flak about avoiding conflict.

What the what.
    See you in Sapience.
  • So, people in a manse are automatically deemed AFK? Is that what you are saying? Just clarifying that, so I can stand in my manse all the time and you will farscout me and know I am AFK so you cannot raid or Domoth or revolt, because I am AFK in my manse.
    Maligorn said:

Hey man, according to Xenthos, you can't play with your kids or do anything following or anticipating a conflict mechanic or you're just avoiding conflict. You should talk to him about that.

Synkarin said:

Hey man, he already countered your argument.  Way to be predictable. :p
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited April 2016

Xenthos said:
    (I mean, just see Twytch's post right before yours-- Falmiis was literally scrying from the aetherways and reporting on people in the aetherways).
    Um no I didn't/don't.
    All these butthurt disagrees and flags.

• Yes, according to Xenthos once you log in to play you must stop having any sense of RL until He decides it is so. So, my kids must go unfed, without a nap, shit their pants, dump dog food on the floor, god forbid an emergency comes up with them... all because Xenthos says if you play the game you have to stay until He is ready to let you leave.

• edited April 2016
    Maligorn said:
    The facts don't lie. We're not the ones avoiding conflict here.

I get that Cyndarin is feeling put out by missing the conflict, but frankly, it's so self-centered and rather delusional to think that the North operates around his playtime.
    I don't feel put out, if I want to kick the north's ass, I'll raid and do it. If you are not literate enough to read, please excuse yourself from the conversation. Take a Hooked on Phonics course, then come back and join us. I make my own conflict if I want it, as has been well demonstrated and proven repeatedly.

It really has zero relevance to the fact that you generally know who will be around when during your chosen time of conflict, and it's not a magical coincidence that when choosing to absolve/upgrade when X person/people are around and when they are not, the North overwhelmingly chooses when they are not. 

We have clairsentience. Seriously. We know when you guys are there and when  you aren't, just like you know when we are and are not. We see you logged on when we are, and we see you not doing the same things you do when we are not on. The "prime time" argument only goes so far when we can see you. How much more do I need to dumb this down. Is it time to bust out the crayons?

The point is simple: stop avoiding the game
    Yeah, Celina, why don't you excuse yourself from the conversation until you can A. learn to stop appealing to ridicule and B. take a course on not being so rude.

The reason your argument isn't getting through is because it doesn't make sense/is invalid. I think you're the one not reading here.

And if you're really so gung ho and ready to kick our ass, just do it without complaining on the forums about something that just isn't true.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I mean, if no one shows up for an absolve, it's not like we go "no one is here, let's go raid!"

I am not too sure the same can be said for the other side. I am logged in right now (but at work, so can't help!) but I do go back and check, here's a raid from 4 days ago. 

Daughters get killed. No one comes to defend (well, one person went up, but no one used any effort). Brennan and other mobs get killed on Prime Glomdoring. 

There was no mention of cry for help over any of the alliance clan or the Gloms channel. When no one shows up to defend and you continue to raid, you are unhelpful and should stop raiding. 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Xenthos said:
    If by a full hour you mean ~5 minutes; we had people show up to defend Ethereal Glomdoring, the enemy force (including you and Aeden) decided to leave about 2 minutes after we got in, then we went straight up to absolve his Domoth because we were hoping to get you folks to come back.  That's a far cry from going, "Oh hey, people are in manses, they absolutely cannot be afk, clearly they are here!" (I mean, just see Twytch's post right before yours-- Falmiis was literally scrying from the aetherways and reporting on people in the aetherways).

PS: We're not complaining about you taking knowledge.  I haven't seen a single one.  What I am doing is pointing out that you did not choose to do Knowledge-- and that if you had, you would have also had success!  That's not a complaint, that is pointing out a fallacy in the entire "Woe are we, we are not active during this time of day" argument.

In RE to that fight, Demartel is telling the truth. It lasted about 3 hours and Glom pushed us out witj Mag and Gaudi help a few times. We also fought under discretionaries. We held the upper hand for some time and toward the end got outnumbered in an already disadvantaged situation. So we decided to pull out. You guys then pre pitted and premelded the domoth realms to create a situation to your advantage and absolved and I guess no one felt like it was worth the fighting that uphill battle.
This discussion has been closed.