Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• The point is simple: stop avoiding the game
    Please read my previous post. We're not avoiding the game, we're playing during our peak time. Just because it doesn't happen to be yours does not mean we should bend our schedules backwards just so you can feel happy about yourself.

We are also not avoiding conflict. We stole an upgrade of Life from you guys, we captured Knowledge when there were fairly equal numbers on both sides (since Hallifax couldn't assist). We repeatedly went up during the War absolves. I believe you even died once during that incident.

I mean, sure, if we did none of those things then it's completely reasonable to call us out for avoiding the happiest parts of Lusternia. Except, we did. We've even provided irrefutable evidence.
    See you in Sapience.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Oh I should mention that Xenthos only showed up for the last 20 mins of that fight but wants to tell us what really happened lol
  • Seriously @Maligorn, are you channeling the spirits of Munsia and Draylor at the same time?  This is their level of craziness and arrogance.

Good argument @Celina and well made.  It wasn't even rude.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited April 2016
    Rivius said:
    Oh I should mention that Xenthos only showed up for the last 20 mins of that fight but wants to tell us what really happened lol
    You mean like how I stated, "More of us showed up to even the numbers out, you all pulled out, so we went straight to the Domoths"?  I mean, I actually said that, heh.
  • edited April 2016
    Let's not forget halfway through that fight, my telling @Rivius I have to stop for 20 minutes or so because I am feeding my son mac and cheese, but hey that must have been imaginary as well.
  • I mean, if we're going to drag names out, let's talk about @Nienla running around a raid routine of Ethereal Serenwilde - godrealms - Celestia - Water Lords and then running to the next stop whenever she bites off more than she can chew.
    See you in Sapience.
  • edited April 2016
    Man, this thread is alot of the Pot calling the Kettle black

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    It's not worth arguing. Xenthos, Celina and their yesman Leolamins are going to believe they're right no matter how many actual things that happened you place in front of them.

• Actually, we didn't pull out. We went to Faethorn, a tactic I am sure your side is familiar with, if you were not all sipping the Glomdoring False Memory kool-aid IRL. You guys chose to remain in Ethereal Glomdoring, under discretionaries, which is completely fine and your choice to do so. When we realised you were not coming into Faethorn we dropped it and moved on, but hey tell us how it really happened Xenthos.
  • edited April 2016
    Twytch said:

The point is simple: stop avoiding the game
    Please read my previous post. We're not avoiding the game, we're playing during our peak time. Just because it doesn't happen to be yours does not mean we should bend our schedules backwards just so you can feel happy about yourself.

We are also not avoiding conflict. We stole an upgrade of Life from you guys, we captured Knowledge when there were fairly equal numbers on both sides (since Hallifax couldn't assist). We repeatedly went up during the War absolves. I believe you even died once during that incident.

I mean, sure, if we did none of those things then it's completely reasonable to call us out for avoiding the happiest parts of Lusternia. Except, we did. We've even provided irrefutable evidence.
    I'll say it again. 

We can see you. 

You literally just named three examples, none of which were initiated by the North, as evidence of....how they initiate conflict when the South has people? Like, I just don't get it. What language am I speaking?
    Xenthos said:
    Rivius said:
    You mean like how I stated, "More of us showed up to even the numbers out, you all pulled out, so we went straight to the Domoths"?  I mean, I actually said that, heh.

Well here is the thing, for a good portion of the fight we were outnumbered but were not being engaged so we started dicking around and put down a Lisae shrine. At one point, some Mags and Gaidis including Munsia and Mal joined and we got pushed into Faethorn. The numbers fluctuated for a good while over the course of 3 hours and was not really in our favour for a good part of it.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Lol what

Ok, so you guys went to Faethorn waiting for us to fight more, we went up to domoths and absolved, and you said lol, no thank you and all sat around on Prime doing other things? Is that really your argument?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.

I'll say it again. 

We can see you.
    Yes, yes darling, we can see you too:

(Anonymous): Falmiis (from the Aetherways) says, 
    "Enemies present in the realms: Xenthos, Scanlan, Silvanus, Leolamins, Versalean, Sylvanas, Athree, Ulalah, Veldrin, Esca."

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I like to call @Leolamins doormat, personally. Agreeing with someone other than me though? Someone needs the hose again.

• Lavinya said:
    I like to call @Leolamins doormat, personally. Agreeing with someone other than me though? Someone needs the hose again.
    First they must rub the lotion on the skin.
    edited April 2016
    Synkarin said:
    Lol what

Ok, so you guys went to Faethorn waiting for us to fight more, we went up to domoths and absolved, and you said lol, no thank you and all sat around on Prime doing other things? Is that really your argument?

Uh, yeah. Are you kidding? You already had a numbers advantage by that point and decided to go create a bigger advantage elsewhere and then challenge to try to draw us in. We're not stupid lol. These sort of tactics can be seen a mile away and are kind of ironic when you want to spew your Fairweather fighter rhetoric everywhere
  • edited April 2016
    Twytch said:

I'll say it again. 

We can see you. 

You literally just named three examples, none of which were initiated by the North, as evidence of....how they initiate conflict when the South has people? Like, I just don't get it. What language am I speaking?
    Okay. I raided Glomdoring Prime 3 days ago with Dylara and some other newbie there to defend. I raided Glomdoring Ethereal approximately 4 hours ago with Tau already in there, seeing me. Athree and Dylara went up to help defend. I initiated those raids, I even got a couple of kills.

Also, your argument was how the North avoided conflict, now it's about initiating conflict. Now that I've debunked even that, what's your next move?

EDIT: Before we get into the "they're not real combatants" argument... Dylara was present in at least one of the absolves. She and Tau, I'm pretty sure, have access to discretionaries (which they used). I'm not even a good combatant that I require the likes of Xenthos or Crek to be beaten back.
    See you in Sapience.
    Rivius said:
    Uh, yea
    Synkarin said:
    Lol what

Uh, yeah. Are you kidding? You already had a numbers advantage by that point and decided to go create a bigger advantage elsewhere and then challenge to try to draw us in. We're not stupid lol. These sort of tactics can be seen a mile away amd are kind of ironic when you want to spew your Fairweather fighter rhetoric everywhere

We had an advantage by like 2 people. And no, you all ran off back to your orgs, which is why we absolved. Because you all left. No one was sitting in faethorn waiting for us to fight. The argument that you still wanted to fight, but then said 'no thank you' to the absolve is silly and pure fancy. 'we wanted to fight, but only on our terms, in the way we wanted, when we had the clear advantage' is basically what you're saying.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Just to be clear, are you calling Dylara a well-known / good combatant who should be expected to be able to kill you?  I mean, no offense to Dylara, but I don't believe she has the interest in learning to be a PvP menace.

She's not accusing you of avoiding conflict, she's accusing you of avoiding real conflict, and raiding Dylara & a newbie is... pretty much the exact definition of what she's accusing you of. :|
  • edited April 2016
    "We don't absolve specifically when people are around. How an we possibly know when the South is around? We don't care that much, god the world doesn't revolve around you. OH BTW, we know the South's "prime time," aka when they log on."

"We don't just initiate conflict when you guys aren't around. That's totally invalid. Remember that domoth absolve you initiated, that domoth upgrade you initiated, and that domoth that went free which we have no control over? OBVIOUSLY this is evidence that we do."

I can't. This argument is not real.

X_X X_X X_X X_X X_X X_X X_X
    Lets be clear. The North has certainly stepped up and been more active in the conflict field. There is no denying that. This is mostly due to @Yarith. We've already lauded him and pointed out that he needed help (which he got) and his attitude was the clear way to go.

What's being pointed out is that there's still absolves going on without people to defend them.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    Rivius said:
    Uh, yea
    Synkarin said:
    Lol what

Uh, yeah. Are you kidding? You already had a numbers advantage by that point and decided to go create a bigger advantage elsewhere and then challenge to try to draw us in. We're not stupid lol. These sort of tactics can be seen a mile away amd are kind of ironic when you want to spew your Fairweather fighter rhetoric everywhere

We had an advantage by like 2 people. And no, you all ran off back to your orgs, which is why we absolved. Because you all left. No one was sitting in faethorn waiting for us to fight. The argument that you still wanted to fight, but then said 'no thank you' to the absolve is silly and pure fancy. 'we wanted to fight, but only on our terms, in the way we wanted, when we had the clear advantage' is basically what you're saying.

Not really. That's actually what you were saying! You seem to be getting us mixed up :)
  • edited April 2016
    Xenthos said:
    Just to be clear, are you calling Dylara a well-known / good combatant who should be expected to be able to kill you?  I mean, no offense to Dylara, but I don't believe she has the interest in learning to be a PvP menace.

She's not accusing you of avoiding conflict, she's accusing you of avoiding real conflict, and raiding Dylara & a newbie is... pretty much the exact definition of what she's accusing you of. :|
    I have foreseen this argument. See my edit above: I'm also not a well-known/good combatant. I expect to be killed in a discretionaried druid meld whose counter to a meteor kill is a simple RAISE STAFF, especially when there are a couple of grapply monks on hand with sap waiting on the wings.

EDIT: Also, it's clearly stated (I can even quote the actual post, if you like) that the argument of Cyndarin is avoiding conflict, without any adjectives to clarify anything else. Then it was switched to initiating conflict. I can understand the confusion, of course, considering the source changes stances so quickly.
    See you in Sapience.
  • edited April 2016
    Twytch said:
    Twytch said:

I'll say it again. 

We can see you. 

Okay. I raided Glomdoring Prime 3 days ago with Dylara and some other newbie there to defend. I raided Glomdoring Ethereal approximately 4 hours ago with Tau already in there, seeing me. Athree and Dylara went up to help defend. I initiated those raids, I even got a couple of kills.

Also, your argument was how the North avoided conflict, now it's about initiating conflict. Now that I've debunked even that, what's your next move?

EDIT: Before we get into the "they're not real combatants" argument... Dylara was present in at least one of the absolves. She and Tau, I'm pretty sure, have access to discretionaries (which they used). I'm not even a good combatant that I require the likes of Xenthos or Crek to be beaten back.
    Please read my initial post. I cannot help you, I am not an English teacher. If we have to start with how to understand the words people are writing, we're just not going to get very far. 

The literacy struggle is freaking real, man.
  • Okay, back from breakfast.

You know, the best thing about this weekend is that this delicious forums drama is taking place now, while I'm awake. Anyway, I digress.

Off-peak raids and absolves are almost always there to avoid conflict. This isn't about "north" peak or "south" peak. There really isn't a north peak or a south peak - that's a common misconception. There are periods when the ratioof players on both sides shift - but I'm willing to bet money that there's almost certainly always more combatants in the "north" online during the actual peak hours of the game than during the off-peak hours of the game. Raids and domoth related conflict initiated during off-peak hours are usually started at that time so that conflict can be avoided - because that's literally the best time to hope for a lack of resistance due to the dismal number of people online everywhere. The reason why the "north" seems to have an advantage during those off-peak hours is because of Avurekhos, who is one of the few players in this game who can put forth a presence in both time periods consistently, even on weekdays. This is exactly why there's more activity during the actual peak time - because there are actually people to react to actions or conflict during this time.

I know because I used to do off-peak domoths before I got a job. It's literally the best time to sneak in an upgrade (or absolve), whichever side you are on, if you're not interested in a fight. Off-peak raids are a little more dependent on the person doing the raiding. There are people who stick around to fight, and then there are those others, who do nothing but kill mobs because they can while there are no defenders. But I digress.

I don't think it's unfair to say the "north" is avoiding conflict when all of the absolves initiated by them lately have been during the off-peak. Personally, I think it's a smart move. Like I said, best time. But hey, that doesn't change the fact that those absolves are timed to avoid resistance.

Also, I have the feeling I'm pretty much the only one left in this thread still talking about the original point. =(

Synkarin said:

What's being pointed out is that there's still absolves going on without people to defend them.

Except in my post a few pages back I listed potential defenders...dunno about War though.

Twytch said:
    Xenthos said:

I have foreseen this argument. See my edit above: I'm also not a well-known/good combatant. I expect to be killed in a discretionaried druid meld whose counter to a meteor kill is a simple RAISE STAFF, especially when there are a couple of grapply monks on hand with sap waiting on the wings.
    You foresaw the argument... by editing it in at the same time (possibly even after, the timestamps are the same) as when I hit "Post Comment" on mine.

And again, I think you're having expectations of other people being PvP masters who know intricate details about multiple skillsets, including what skills they're facing, how to counter them, and/or actually have an interest in fully embracing that sort of thing.  You're wrong; there are people who may show up to a fight from time to time but are not really by any stretch of the imagination enthusiasts.  Like I mean, if I was to go raid against Lehki and some random Seren newbie I would not expect to die (despite not considering myself a good combatant either).  That's not because Lehki is terrible, it's because he doesn't spend his time PvPing (at least not in a long while) and doesn't know the ins-and-outs of what's going on.
  • Synkarin said:
    Lol what

Lol, what

Ok, so you guys didn't come to Faethorn with your even numbers and instead went up to absolve a Domoth that was going to flux in the next couple days? Is that really your argument?
  • So what exactly does the South expect us to do? Change our daily schedules so that we can all play at the same time? Because I can tell you that's not happening -- you don't get to dictate when we play, and what we can or can't do when we're in Lusternia. We do things when it's not your prime time. We also do things when its your prime time. We initiate conflict, and we respond to conflict being initiated. None of these have been disputed aside from a lively use of semantics here and there.
    See you in Sapience.
This discussion has been closed.