Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Man, I'd hope to get a warning before getting banned.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I did acknowledge Demartel's log, actually-- mostly in the "I don't know what to make of it because we checked, saw nobody, and went to Domoth instead" sense.  I can only assume that something happened during that 6-minute gap when it was turned off.

You can also ask Tau about my arguing with her re: AFKing.  We've had lengthy discussions (which resulted in her agreeing to work harder not to just AFK there), and she got punished for it relatively recently, as well.  Haven't seen anywhere near as much of it since then.

I'm not a fan of AFK outside of a manse, no matter who is doing it.  We have nice, sanctioned places to AFK.  Using them makes the life of all the other gameplayers better, because they aren't trying to interact with an inanimate lump.

And no, I have not issued her (just as I have not issued Demartel for admitting to AFK here on the forums).  Up until you're actually doing something AFK I don't really have a desire to go so far as ISSUEing... but that does not mean that I have to like it occurring and I am well within my rights to say so.  I've only ever issued AFK for people who were AFK-botting, and I would like to keep it that way, but people make it hard when they say things like "I don't care, and I will just do it whenever I want." :(
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited May 2016
    Sweet Lady can you ask take a break from the bloody soapbox? And while you're taking a break from things you are not all Ru Paul. Ending sentences with 'honey, sweetheart, doll' and the like reminds me of all the old ladies insulting each othet during etiquette training, which I would highly recommend for the majority of you. 

Stop treating each other like you're twelve and go back to the game. 

EDIT: Stupid mobile cutting off sentences.
    EDIT2: Nevermind.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    All of that is fine (no sarcasm). Demartel could probably give a little and walk his fat igasho to a manse to AFK real quick if needed instead of standing off.

I'm just sitting here hemorrhaging over the idea that anyone would make an assumption that he was clearly able and ready to fight an absolve when he said he had a child to take care of. Is it convenient? Perhaps, but it's not our place to make judgment or insinuate otherwise.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Tremula said:
    Sweet Lady can you ask take a break from the bloody soapbox? And while you're taking a break from things you are not all Ru Paul. Ending sentences with 'honey, sweetheart, doll' and the like reminds me of all the old ladies insulting each othet during etiquette training, which I would highly recommend for the majority of you. 

Stop treating each other like you're twelve and go back to the 
    Is this in relation to the thread?  I actually went back to look for people saying "honey" and "doll" and I'm not seeing it recently, at least.  That's not my style, and I don't know that I've seen Maligorn go there either.
    I'd do it more often if Celina didn't have a monopoly over sassiness.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Better tweets than real threads. 

I'm a fan of the relaxed stance on moderation recently (?). I make it back after work and get to catch up!

lol@afk only being the admin's problem, though.
  • edited May 2016
    Actually I would have taken a totally different tone with the entire situation if Xenthos had not come off the ropes with "Obviously you are lying about it, we absolved 5 minutes later" and then when shown logs that we were in Faethorn and left and it was 20 minutes later they absolved (funny my spectacles did not notice anyone in Faethorn) , came back with "OMG YOU WERE AFK"  which I had been saying all along, but was not an issue -until- he had no more case to make about when the Absolve happend... and then when others owned up to being AFK he blatantly ignored them admitting to it and instead kept on me.

Which is fine, but if you are going to come at me, expect me to retaliate in kind.

Edit::

Actually, I find it hard to believe Glomdoring did not know we were in Faethorn given Avurekhos spending time making a meld, me pitting around the archway rooms and @Twytch trying to summon Bleuu from Faethorn into Ethereal Glomdoring. So either someone is lying here, or Twytch didn't tell anyone we were in Faethorn when he tried to summon. Having him on our side now, I find the latter hard to believe. He is almost as good as Asmodea's watchers for telling us where everyone is all the time.

Bleuu suddenly stumbles as the air is filled with a high-pitched thrum.
    You sense Twytch pulling on the strands of aether surrounding Bleuu.
    [13:39:51.888] H:11300(100%) M:8078(97%) E:6800(100%) P:10(88) [dbkrexlr][Siam]-

• edited May 2016
    Xenthos said:
    (That's three points, not two)
    It's happens fairly often to me where arguments improve and develop while I'm arguing, which is what happened here. When reviewing what I typed, I realized I missed out a relevant point, so I added it in. 

While such tweet blow ups can get abrasive, they are very good places and exercises to think through and develop more progressive ideas to subsequently improve myself. The only problem will be when posts come so quickly that I can't read and develop my thoughts using them all (unless I refresh). Which is a pity.

Edit: Speak of the devil, a good 10+ posts between what I'm responding to and my post. Sheesh.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    While I'm on topic, no one holds a gun to your head and forces you to read tweets, heh. Just hang out somewhere else if you don't want to be exposed to Sidd's dirty vitriol.
  • edited May 2016
    Rivius said:
    We should probably close tweets again. You guys don't deserve it.
    The sanctimonious crap is annoying, get off it please. I've really had enough. There are few things more juvenile than those few who feel the need to interject in conversations they don't like just to tell people how much they don't like the conversation. It really implies a pretty ridiculous degree of self importance.

If you don't like what people are talking about, and you feel the need to join the conversation to tell them that...there's 100% chance they didn't ask and you're just doing it for yourself.

You could probably just leave people alone instead of acting so pious about it.  I'll take this over mopey warrior posts any day.
    edited May 2016
    I'm loving the off-topic flags by Leolamins, who has also selectively not marked everyone else off-topic. I don't know what I did to piss you off, bud, but your butthurt levels are approaching critical mass.

EDIT: Okay, I do know.

• edited May 2016
    My tweet (yes this is the tweets thread). Can we start a new thread titled, "tweets that are likely to turn into 10 pages of rage". It will make reading the tweets easier.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Maligorn said:
    I'm loving the off-topic flags by Leolamins, who has also selectively not marked everyone else off-topic. I don't know what I did to piss you off, bud, but your butthurt levels are approaching critical mass.
    This post here is likely precisely why. Buttons pushed, reaction given. Cue trollish laughter.

That's fair, I trolled him a lot when he fucked up that order war. But considering he has me snubbed in game, I think interacting with me on any level is pretty messed up.

Restrain your husband.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    He likes it so it totally defeats the purpose.

• You are not wielding a crystalweapon.

oh.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Maligorn said:
    That's fair, I trolled him a lot when he fucked up that order war. But considering he has me snubbed in game, I think interacting with me on any level is pretty messed up.

Restrain your husband.
    I sent you a message the other day.  You are not snubbed anymore, child.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    If you don't like deepnight, there's a few empty fulcruxes laying about. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Shuyin said:
    While I'm on topic, no one holds a gun to your head and forces you to read tweets, heh. Just hang out somewhere else if you don't want to be exposed to Sidd's dirty vitriol.

Man, I've mostly stayed out of this one and I still get name dropped. Can't win

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I've managed to avoid asking this question since I joined forums; figured I'd hang back, look at all the tweet threads and figure it out myself. But I'm old and I'm beat:

Would one of you lovely people please tell me wth 'tweet' means? :|
  • edited May 2016
    Tweet, from twitter. Normally sharing your thoughts in 140 characters or less.  It has evolved into something entirely different here. Now it´s more like a PG13 lack of rants.

Edit: Removed Douglas Adams' subliminal influence.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Versalean said:
    I've managed to avoid asking this question since I joined forums; figured I'd hang back, look at all the tweet threads and figure it out myself. But I'm old and I'm beat:

Would one of you lovely people please tell me wth 'tweet' means? :|
    oh, it's tweets is a term that came with the social media service twitter.com, it actually means writing ('tweeting') short messages (140 characters) about stuff. That was, what tweets thread was, as far as I can tell, was originally about. Short messages about lusty stuff
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tweet means "to complain vocally and publicly about something or someone you have no control over and just want to complain about".
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
This discussion has been closed.