Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• edited March 2013
    That's like. 1.5 million. o.o

Man oh man, I gotta find time to play to get into this Influence thing.
  • A single guard gives around 10 esteem. A little more if you use wetfold. At faeling cha (20+) it takes roughly 5-6 hits at 3s each to finish a guard. Unless you sink a huge amount of time into influencing, (and don't run out of guards/creatures to influence) it isn't really worth the time, imo. It is definitely safer, than the most lucrative bashing areas, though.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Lerad said:
    Ragniliff wanted to explain this to you a week or so ago, but just happened to miss you. According to her, buffs like charismaticaura, oils etc give a chance to double the ego damage of an influence attack you do. The proc rate that each of them adds is dependant on your charisma, apparently the lower your cha, there's more chance for it to fire, though there are some that have a flat rate, like charismaticaura, but basically, when you are reaching the higher levels of charisma, you can get unlucky and end up feeling like you take longer to influence due to a streak of bad luck.
    Never heard of that before, has that been confirmed? It seems a somewhat wild theory just from testing, especially the part with the charisma-dependence.
    I know, however, that mobs of the same type vary in level (to some extent), which explains variations in ego and thus also in attempts required to win ego battles.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

I thought Charismatic Aura was a flat 25% increase to all influence attacks.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited March 2013
    It feels like far more than 25%.

Edit: That?  That's what I wasted my 1,000th post badge on?  Sheesh.  :(
  • Been thinking of changing my race for the past week or so.

Wheel just gave me a dagger.
  • Don't do it! There are other ways!
  • Shedrin said:
    Don't do it! There are other ways!
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

I can't decide!  I love being Aslaran because meow, but the stats and xp boost from being Human just seem so tasty :(
    Liok said:
    Shedrin said:
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

I can't decide!  I love being Aslaran because meow, but the stats and xp boost from being Human just seem so tasty :(

I just died a little on the inside. :(
  • Celina said:
    Liok said:
    Shedrin said:
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

I just died a little on the inside. :(
    I have no other reasons.  I enjoy mah fur.
  • Shaddus said:
    I was asked by the Mortal Reviewers to post this on their behalf:

• Liok said:
    Shedrin said:
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Along these lines, is there any possibility in the near (or far) future that Lusternia will be converting to statpacks like other IRE games? I find they are really pretty amazing and give more roleplay reason to be a certain race rather than "Oh this one gives a +3 sip bonus!"

It might be more difficult to implement in Lusternia than the others due to the various "special races" that evolve due to someone being a race+specific guild but yah... that aside, it'd be a lot more IC if people were choosing races for the RP of the race rather than for the stats which are a decidedly OOC concept. >.>
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Even with stat packs, people will still min-max stats. I went and reincarnated to Siren on Achaea... and got immediately ignored when I tried to mention combat as a knight. People were just going on about how a siren can't even hope to fight. So no... stat packs will not help you play the race you want. And, considering the presence of 50db artis that can make you look like any other race... why not just go with the race you want for the stats, then stick a dingbat hat of the race you want to RP as?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • I disagree. Statpacks can, and do, allow people to mix and match races for combat. I'm not all that familiar with Achaea's implementation of it, but if I remember correctly, their races still do come with a certain stat setup, and they can simply shift their starting stats toward a certain stat with a statpack choice. I may be wrong of course, but that was the impression I got, at least. At any rate, Achaea's balanced around artifacts anyway, not even omni-trans, so it's entirely possible that certain races can't compete when artifacts are put into the picture, I don't know. Though I'd personally think their system is pretty decent already. Much better than ours, for rp/min-max mix matching.

Aetolia's version has stats entirely seperated from racial choice, making race choice pretty much rp-only.

I believe it's been stated officially that Lusternia will not be implementing statpacks anytime in the near future. The dingbat racehats are the admin's way of compromising: you can still be a race without its stats, but only if you shell out 50 dingbats for it. I personally think this is an absolutely ridiculous way of catering to this niche, but hey, it works, and if there's no other way around it, then so be it. I own a race hat, myself. Unfortunately, In light of this, I highly doubt statpacks will be coming to Lusternia anytime soon, unfortunate as that may be.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Message #211 sent by (system) (received: 2013/03/30 02:39:59)
       Your design #19433 of a striking wedding ring set with onyx and rose quartz was approved.

yessssssssss
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Can't decide if I wanna stay Geomancer or switch to Nihilist.  I miss it so bad :(
    edited March 2013
    There are times when I feel like I spend too much time working on envoy stuff. Seriously just spent two hours to come up with a entirely new hexen report.

At least I'm pretty happy with it!
  • Celina said:
    There are times when I feel like I spend too much time working on envoy stuff. Seriously just spent to hours to come up with a entirely new hexen report.

I'm not sure if this means you're cray cray or a damn good envoy, but either way, I'm sure we are all appreciative of your efforts, even if not everyone would say it :)
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Lerad said:
    I disagree. Statpacks can, and do, allow people to mix and match races for combat. I'm not all that familiar with Achaea's implementation of it, but if I remember correctly, their races still do come with a certain stat setup, and they can simply shift their starting stats toward a certain stat with a statpack choice. I may be wrong of course, but that was the impression I got, at least. At any rate, Achaea's balanced around artifacts anyway, not even omni-trans, so it's entirely possible that certain races can't compete when artifacts are put into the picture, I don't know. Though I'd personally think their system is pretty decent already. Much better than ours, for rp/min-max mix matching.

Aetolia's version has stats entirely seperated from racial choice, making race choice pretty much rp-only.

I believe it's been stated officially that Lusternia will not be implementing statpacks anytime in the near future. The dingbat racehats are the admin's way of compromising: you can still be a race without its stats, but only if you shell out 50 dingbats for it. I personally think this is an absolutely ridiculous way of catering to this niche, but hey, it works, and if there's no other way around it, then so be it. I own a race hat, myself. Unfortunately, In light of this, I highly doubt statpacks will be coming to Lusternia anytime soon, unfortunate as that may be.
    Don't know how it's done on Aetolia. Haven't looked there recently, but that's the impression I got on Achaea. Then again, I won't argue too much... my siren was at something like 14str/13con with the proper statpack for a knight. My IG mother there (a dwarf, race I was before) is easily at 16/18 or so.... so yeah, the execution doesn't seem to favor racial choices. I'd rather have what we have on Lusternia with the dingbat hats myself.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Only because you can afford dingbat hats. Just pointing that out.

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I wish racehats allowed you to also use the language. Or at least there was a means without bookbinding.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Celina said:
    There are times when I feel like I spend too much time working on envoy stuff. Seriously just spent two hours to come up with a entirely new hexen report.

I like it when I spend hours and hours on a report and by the time I get to the end of it I realize that it's a bad idea and toss it out.
    Good times

• Enemied to Celest even when I chose not to participate in the Celestia raid and the person who did it has me snubbed so I can't even protest. Good times.

• Oh dear. How dare Celest for enemying known combatants of enemy organizations!
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • Luna, the First of the Maidens, has returned to the bosom of Mother Moon, and can send no help in
    answer to your call.
    Selene, the First of the Mothers, has returned to the bosom of Mother Moon, and can send no help in
    answer to your call.
    Albion, the First of the Crones, has returned to the bosom of Mother Moon, and can send no help in
    answer to your call.

Noticed this message on deffing today, first time seeing it - made me happy that there was a special message for it, but sad that it displayed D:

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yeah there are similar messages for Nihilists trying to use their symbol or invest powers in their demons when the DLs have fallen. It's a tough gig. Nice to not be on the receiving end for a change!

• Oh dear. How dare Celest for enemying known combatants of enemy organizations!

You would be one of those people who enemy other people for stupid reasons wouldn't you? "Brand Daedalion enemy He doesn't like potato salad!" The point was that I wasn't there to do what I was enemied for. You seem to have missed it.

• While I'm mostly just lurking, Daedalion's tweet is possibly a reason why people can't have nice things.

Enemy statuses are there for legitimate crimes against an organization. If you start doing it frivolously and with no in-character justification (which there isn't in this case since the person wasn't involved with the raid) then I wouldn't be surprised if you found your ability to enemy folks removed. It's starting to sound like that this needs to happen if people can't control themselves.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here

Oh dear. How dare Celest for enemying known combatants of enemy organizations!

This is my thing. If you want to enemy, fine, don't make up a bullshit excuse to try and justify it

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
This discussion has been closed.