the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• I'm telling you guys some good info and yet you guys still act aggressive towards me.
  • Tbh I believe whoever caused the quake last night has the evolve form of my Pokemon.
  • Yes, you've given us one useful piece of information.

Over the course of like 20 posts.

Without addressing any of the follow-up questions.
  • Kalaneya said:
    I'll agree with Ushaara on this. @Kilee, you'll really need to explain why your Pokemon was blocked last night.  Only trainers have reported being blocked and were and are still able to order around their Pokemon. Emphasis on trainers because if we believe Rolsand, his Pokemon's ability only affects Pokemon. It would be reasonable to assume last night's events only affected trainers.

@Rolsand: does your power specify whether the Pokemon gets night/day blocked or blocked for both phases? Might help us nail down what the quake that happened last night really does, because I'm assuming your power mirrors the one that happened last night.

Updated Pokemon list:
    Pumpkaboo - a dayblocker  unknown power, except for being very cute.
    Purrloin - dayblocker
    Kecleon (Kilee) - can transform, and can perform Shadow Strike (?gets a new Pokemon from an unknown source)
    Sandshrew (Rolsand) - can perform Magnitude, which randomly blocks 5 Pokemon
    something that does what is presumably Sweet Scent
    something that does what is presumably Earthquake (?possibly a trainer-only parallel to Magnitude)
    something that made Othero sleepy (blocked from posting during the day until a certain number of posts have passed)
    ???? (Silvanus) - something akin to whatever made Othero sleepy
    Rolsands magnitude blocks an random number of pokemon and can only be used 5 times not blocks 5 random pokemon.
  • Melali can I get an updated list to cross reference with my own? I think I forgot to move sopme people around after they talked...  My notes look a little off to me
  • If the mafia gets my Pokemon and evolves it they can be doing some annoying stuff.
  • Cen said:
    Yes, you've given us one useful piece of information.

How much info could one provide on the second day?
  • Also my ability doesn't specify about day or night.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    @Cen Few points in favour of keeping Rolsand.

1) Though his posting style can be admittedly wearisome, at least he is posting unlike several others.

2) He's revealed information about the most confusing power in play.

3) Lynching him will likely put Sandshrew/Magnitude up for grabs in an Event, in which case someone with more nefarious intent could potentially acquire it.

Incidentally, I think (3) is probably relevant to how Kilee would acquire another Pokemon through Shadow Sneak. Stealing it from the Champion's car before such an event occurs. I believe her action failed last night because there were no Pokemon in the Champion's car, rather than due to the Earthquake.

• Ushaara said:

1) Though his posting style can be admittedly wearisome, at least he is posting unlike several others.

3) Lynching him will likely put Sandshrew/Magnitude up for grabs in an Event, in which case someone with more nefarious intent could potentially acquire it.

Incidentally, I think (3) is probably relevant to how Kilee would acquire another Pokemon through Shadow Sneak. Stealing it from the Champion's car before such an event occurs. I believe her action failed last night because there were no Pokemon in the Champion's car, rather than due to the Earthquake.

God bless you.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Anyhoo, that's me for the night. Will catch up in the morning!
  • Rolsand said:
    Tbh I believe whoever caused the quake last night has the evolve form of my Pokemon.
    It is highly unlikely anyone Evolved on the first night and Took an action. Given what we know about evolving pokemon it is highly unlikely any pokemon has evolved on the first night. I have reasons to suspect I am correct on this that for now I would rather keep to myself until it proves to be important. Which as of now it is not overly important outside that No one started with an already evolved Pokemon, It is extremly unlikely ayone managed to evolve a pokemon night 1 without taking an action(which they could not have done until that night soo), I also doubt a pokemon can evolve and act on the same night but we need @Tremula to clarify that point for us as that one is just speculation.
  • Rolsand said:
    Cen said:
    Yes, you've given us one useful piece of information.

How much info could one provide on the second day?
    Others have managed to appear to be giving useful information whereas you have simply deflected any attempts to get information from you outside info on your pokemon.
  • They could of just received the evolved Pokemon form from the start.
  • Fair points, I'll concede. And I think that connection between Kilee and unclaimed pokemon may be spot on, or at the very least is the most reasonable theory so far.

But anyway, who would you like to see lynched instead of Rolsand, if anyone? I'm very much in favour of a lynch today, but if not Rolsand, I honestly don't know who.
  • Why are you constantly trying to get me lynched?
  • We should start lynching unactive people and try to swipe their pokemons during an event.
  • Ushaara said:

1) Fair point, However lack of posts on their own do not immediately raise red flags for me. His dismissive attitude and attempts at deflecting do.

2) He revealed info on a similar ability. Just how similar is still up in the air but yes it does shed some light on the quake but I feel not enough.

3) Something tells me that sandshrew would be less valuable to Mafia than some of the other powers we have already seen/heard about. Sweet scent- I doubt that is that pokemons only move but it would help mafia know who has what.  The sleep effects which is essentially the Briber effect in Mafia albeit somewhat weaker .. a very powerful tool in Mafia hands and I would even be more worried about Mafia getting hands on the Kecleon if it turns out Kilee is not mafia and if your second point is correct.  Hell I would be terrified if Mafia had my pokemon as it is also a relatively powerful ability, albeit no where near as strong as that night 1 quake but definitely more useful in my opinion.

Again what could he possibly tell us on the next day cycle that he can not safely tell us today?  I stil find his request to live through the next night very suspect given that we only have his word he will tell us things on the next day if he lives.
  • @Rolsand the Why me?  is usually a bad way to get people to not lynch you. Atleast I know many people in ToS and Epic Mafia who instantly want to lynch anyone who uses a Why me? type of question when someone is FoSing them. (Finger of Suspect - in others pointing you out and saying you are suspect)
  • What can someone that's not playi tell you?
  • Playing
  • Rolsand: We are asking about your ability, the information of which should have been provided at the very beginning. It being the second day is not a reason to have less information on that subject. It may be a reason to limit what you say about it, but I think you already have reasons to expand on what you say as well. Also, I agree with the points Ushaara raised. There are qualifiers, and he is an advantageous choice, but I believe we should look for other suspicious people. After all, he cannot be the entire Mafia.

Makaela: Sure! Though, I haven't been the absolute best about updating it, and it is only for last night's actions and blockings.

Trainer Actions (Earthquake Effects)
    ????: Examined Vivet's Pokemon
    ????: Examined Kalaneya's Pokemon
    ????: Redirect Cen to Target
    ????: Kill Sylandra (Night Blocked)
    ????: Kill Cyndarin (Night Blocked)
    Lehki: Use Power (Night Blocked)
    Cen: Use Power on Target, (Day Blocked)
    Iosion: Use Power (Night and Day Blocked)
    Ssaliss: Use Power (Night and Day Blocked)
    Dylara: No Power (Night and Day Blocked)
    Ushaara: Use Power
    Othero: Watch on Sylandra
    Krackenor: Use Power on Sylandra
    Silvanus: Use Power on Absent Trainer
    Thul: Use Power on Thul
    Melali: Use Power

No Power: Sylandra, Makaela, Allyrianne, Kilee*, Ileein, Kalaneya, Rolsand, Portius
    ????: Luce Phoebus Synkarin Salome Cyndarin Alary Vivet Kaimanahi

Pokemon Actions
    ????: Pokemon to Earthquake/Magnitude/similar ability
    ????: Pumpkaboo to Block Synkarin
    ????: Pokemon to Sleep Othero
    ????: Pokemon to Reveal Kilee
    ????: Purrloin to Day Block Sylandra
    ????: Darkrai to Block Cyndarin
    Kilee: Kecleon to Shadow Sneak (Night Blocked)*
    Makaela: Pokemon to Use Move
    Cen: Pokemon to Use Move

No Pokemon Move: Melali, Lehki, Allyrianne, Ileein, Rolsand, Phoebus, Ushaara, Dylara, Portius, Silvanus
    ????: Sylandra Thul Iosion Othero Luce Synkarin Krackenor Kalaneya Ssaliss Salome Cyndarin Alary Vivet Kaimanahi

(Some people may need to be moved from ???? to No Action/Pokemon Move, but I'm not too worried about that right now. If you want to get that changed, please @Melali and state so.)
  • My power is to important to share.
  • Tbh I feel as if an investigator is going figure me out tonight so you might as well just let me live through the night.
  • @Melali One of the two examined Pokemon was scanned (a pokemon ability I believe) while the other one was played with do you recall which is which?  If I recall Kalaneya was the one whose pokemon had a trainer visitor and Vivet had hers scanned?
  • And my pokemon hasn't evolved yet so it can be more powerful once it does.
  • Rolsand: Why is your power to important to share? What is your reasoning? If you share it, will the Mafia kill you? We have protectors for that. Will the Town lynch you? Well, they're going that way regardless. Will simply telling us strike us blind and bring madness to all those who cast their gaze upon the page? I think the military would be very happy for such a weapon.

Also, if we kill you, we get the results of the investigation without the investigator. We only lose someone who won't explain their power anyway.

Makaela: Vivet was scanned, Kalaneya was played with. They had the same result (the person found out their Pokemon), so I called them the same type of power.

Rolsand: I don't think many people want a RNG power. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone got their Pokemon kill yours. After all, it would only take 4 hits. That would also reveal whether or not your Pokemon is actually a Sandshrew, or at least what type it is.
  • Will you guys real protect after you figure both my third party and town power?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Ok Rolsand - you are either town, or third party.

If you are third party, then you cannot be town. If you are town, then you cannote be third party.

I promise that I'll tell the group (to get the protector) to protect you if you end up being a power worth protecting.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • And even if you do kill/lynch me you would give the mafia a great avantage.