QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Rare I check on the forums. But just wanted to state the main reason I'm seen eating horehound is due to Firstaid'ing. Which still tries to use that to cure Timewarp. As to the above's main point...was more using the market comment to point out the multiple Timewarp sources trying to goad people into running into their trap as a satirical way of saying why that'd be stupid for the rest of us. But fair point that I perhaps harp on Timewarp a bit much given it's the main method I'm seeing the north being carried in fights. I always prided myself on never dying the same way twice, learn from each death to prevent the same circumstances working repeatedly...bit difficult given the nature of things though. Particularly with the frustration with Warrior at the moment.

Really do need that Firstaid issue fixed though. 
  • edited July 2016
    You mean to tell me that multiple people sharing the same kill method results in an increase of frequency in the execution of that particular kill method?
    Also, Falmiis can't give timewarp as mancy and chems, while they can give timewarp, don't have a reason to when the other bomb alternatives are just simply better. 

Edit: In large group fights no one is building for timequake. 
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited July 2016
    Shango said:
    Rare I check on the forums. But just wanted to state the main reason I'm seen eating horehound is due to Firstaid'ing. Which still tries to use that to cure Timewarp. As to the above's main point...was more using the market comment to point out the multiple Timewarp sources trying to goad people into running into their trap as a satirical way of saying why that'd be stupid for the rest of us. But fair point that I perhaps harp on Timewarp a bit much given it's the main method I'm seeing the north being carried in fights. I always prided myself on never dying the same way twice, learn from each death to prevent the same circumstances working repeatedly...bit difficult given the nature of things though. Particularly with the frustration with Warrior at the moment.

Hey Shango, I have an ur'guard package here with a fix to timewarp curing :)
    Your numbers today are:
  • Kilee said:
    Shango said:
    Rare I check on the forums. But just wanted to state the main reason I'm seen eating horehound is due to Firstaid'ing. Which still tries to use that to cure Timewarp. As to the above's main point...was more using the market comment to point out the multiple Timewarp sources trying to goad people into running into their trap as a satirical way of saying why that'd be stupid for the rest of us. But fair point that I perhaps harp on Timewarp a bit much given it's the main method I'm seeing the north being carried in fights. I always prided myself on never dying the same way twice, learn from each death to prevent the same circumstances working repeatedly...bit difficult given the nature of things though. Particularly with the frustration with Warrior at the moment.

Hey Shango, I have an ur'guard package here with a fix to timewarp curing :)
    Hrm I've always had a hard installing mmf Ur'guard for some reason.
  • edited July 2016
    22:46:31.019 H:11260(91%) M:9483(96%) E:7300(100%) P:10(145) [dbkexlr][Synkarin]-
    The burning pyres of incandescent fire suddenly erupt and coalesce into a roaring inferno. The inferno twists like  a white hot tornado and you scream as it engulfs you, searing the flesh from your bones.
    Your flesh is charred, and you receive first degree burns.
    The burning husk that was once the body of Zyphora slumps to the ground, now nothing more than another burning ember that litters the landscape.
    A ghostly form rises from Zyphora's body followed by a bright flash. A new breathing body appears around the form, restoring her from certain death.
    22:46:31.029 H:1126(9%) M:9800(100%) E:7300(100%) P:10(145) [dbkexlr][Synkarin]-(-10134h, 82.4%, +317m, 3.2%)
    (apply liniment to chest|sip health|read1 50379|recharge 150379 from cube|eat sparkleberry|outr sparkleberry)
    You bleed 186 health.
    Luas turns pallid and drops to the ground.
    22:46:31.039 H:940(7%) M:9800(100%) E:7300(100%) P:10(145) [dbkexlr][Synkarin]-(-186h, 1.5%)

8:13 fire resistances

Balanced!

edit: Also since when did fire cause bleeding? I checked and I had no attacks against me up until that inferno hit me.
  • It becomes even more amusing if you search for old forum threads regarding demesne damage (back when it was only Geomancers with access to it) and see how the same people have flipped their stance once they, too, gained access to "damage like this, no matter the set-up required, has no place in the game."
    See you in Sapience.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    To play the Devil's Advocate for a moment, you just stated it was only Geomancers with access to it. Now every city/commune does. If it were only one city/commune/org that had it, then the old argument would still be valid. Even though I hate being caught in Celina's pyrobombs, she has gone to excruciating lengths to max out her fire buff to make them cause such ridiculous damage.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I have gone to excruciating lengths to buff my damage too. Give me a 10 power skill that does 10,000+ damage. I will give you pulp and haymaker in exchange.

Ridiculous damage is ridiculous period and nobody should be doing 10k+ no matter how easily they got 13:13 and it is not hard.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    No - Everyone has always been able to do meldbombs - Nydekion hit hard Maelstroms, Fillin w/ pollute. This wasn't isolated to one person.

I will point out that I've defended meldbomb damage - even when Avurekhos was refreshing constantly to continually hit it every chance he got. 

I will also point out that you guys walked into/were forced moved into an unbreakable room, multiple times. The easy answer to meldbombs is to break the meld. You had a melder, you didn't break. It's on you. You should have known the bomb would have happened. You should have played it better. You guys had the advantage to begin with and made a poor choice. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • How are things like meldbombs any different to other 'leave or die' techniques?

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Because you have more options than 'leave or die' 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited July 2016
    All of those 'leave or die' techniques have multiple options, and usually are just confined to one person, not infinite.

Edit: infinite if you consider paranoia, and I'm asking from curiosity

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    No, they don't, that is why they are called 'leave or die'

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • So let us remove the melder from the equation. The outcome would still have been the same. What is the justification for 10k+ damage from someone who does not even have to be in the room with you, then?

Also, I am sure if Avurekhos had been doing 10k+ damage furies(and no bug abuse) the forums would have lit up.
    Avu was doing that damage to people - the forums did light up

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Then why did Fury get changed and not a blanket solution for all meldbombs?

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited July 2016
    It's true, meldbombs do a ton of damage and I supported a change in the most recent report to replace them with something more class specific. I don't know if it'll happen, immediately but there was at least unanimous support to reduce the range of it. We'll see how the admin rule on that report, and then we'll see if another report to change their functionality is necessary. That being said, @Twytch is speaking far beyond his knowledge and experience again. 

Fillin was pre overhaul (by several years), and could one shot literally anyone that was not in Serenwilde or Glomdoring (snake totem dmp) and totally artifacted out. Part of this was DMP, part was geomancer passive damage tic being as high as it was, and part of geomancer raise staff and champion artifact existing outside this system.

Incidentally, it has never been "only geomancers." Everyone had access to it. Geomancers were just the only ones that could wipe even top tier min/maxers with a button.

GOOD NEWS though, that is no longer the case.

At any rate, if you didn't bitch about the damage when Avurekhos used 8 in a row to wipe Glom and win fights for months on end (because hey, at least you were winning amirite?!), if you haven't bitched when Faalmis has been using it since going Aero, please take a number and have a seat. We are working on it, but your glaring partisanship is noted and unhelpful. Have a great day.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited July 2016
    I'm pretty sure Avurekhos's meldbombing was like, two weeks at most. Falmiis has been using unleash staff specifically to prove the point that you don't need an inkling of skill to use it and still get kills.

I mean, it's pretty telling that Celina uses Inferno multiple times in one fight instead of even trying for cremate or heartburst (granted, as a high priority target, those will be stupidly difficult to pull off without dying). Nevertheless, most powerful skills can't be cast from potentially 30 rooms away, in a room that is only trackable by maps, can be pitted the whole way, indoors, etc.

EDIT: However, I do appreciate the support you've lent to class-specific trans skills instead of loldamage.

Falmiis unleashed a couple times last night - got zero kills.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited July 2016
    Yarith said:
    Then why did Fury get changed and not a blanket solution for all meldbombs?

Fury did not get changed due to Avuspam, afaik. We've had BT dumping it on your folk to good effect since then. The issue we were complaining about was the spam, which has (thankfully) been fixed. The spam ability was unrelated to Fury entirely, but alas, cannot say much more than that on the forums.
  • Nope, it was much longer than two weeks. Nope, he is not doing it "just to prove a point." Even if both were true, you still only complain when it's specifically Celina the Pyromancer killing the North Alliances, no substitutions allowed. Incidentally, I was hit with zero of them in that same fight despite seeing at least 2 go off. Pretty easy to deal with, but I'm flexible. I don't mind reworking the skill. Please feel free to funnel me ideas.

Cremate doesn't work without burns, and burns aren't buildable right now. I don't heartburst because 1, it's bad, and 2, I usually have forcefield up so it's not an option. The only thing it tells is that you are writing your own narrative. I don't use those skills because they don't work right now, not because meldbomb is godmode.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Maligorn said:
    I'm pretty sure Avurekhos's meldbombing was like, two weeks at most. Falmiis has been using unleash staff specifically to prove the point that you don't need an inkling of skill to use it and still get kills.

I mean, it's pretty telling that Celina uses Inferno multiple times in one fight instead of even trying for cremate or heartburst (granted, as a high priority target, those will be stupidly difficult to pull off without dying). Nevertheless, most powerful skills can't be cast from potentially 30 rooms away, in a room that is only trackable by maps, can be pitted the whole way, indoors, etc.

EDIT: However, I do appreciate the support you've lent to class-specific trans skills instead of loldamage.

Are you trying to bait us into breaking forum rules? It seems like you are, because we cannot reply with how wrong you are without doing so...
  • Guys, quotes please
    Arix said:
    Guys, quotes please

turns out the dicussion already died out....

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited July 2016
    never  mind
  • Kraw tells you, "Your citymate constantly assaults my forest. The assault will be returned on your 
    young and unaware."

8->
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."