QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    #QuantumBaby
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Tremula said:

You can't just say cats always land on their feet without throwing them off a flying crystal city to see if it's true, @Ssaliss. That's just science, right there.

Reminds me of an old quote I heard from elsewhere...

If a cat always lands on it's feet and a buttered piece of toast always lands buttered side down, what will happen if you tie a piece of buttered toast to a cat's back?
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Sakaki said:

Tremula said:

You can't just say cats always land on their feet without throwing them off a flying crystal city to see if it's true, @Ssaliss. That's just science, right there.

If a cat always lands on it's feet and a buttered piece of toast always lands buttered side down, what will happen if you tie a piece of buttered toast to a cat's back?
    Infinite power.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maybe that baby that crawled off is really a split timeline baby that screwed a lot of things up.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Sakaki said:

Tremula said:

This.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    This was the highlight of looking for the baby thing, though, for sure:

Instructor Daraius Shavatt asks, "Was it an ugly baby?"

Does that really matter, @Daraius? ;))
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Mica childishly flaps her hands and selfishly grabs at the air.

Mica Dewcrest says, "Gentlemen."

Mica curtseys gracefully.

Mica is enveloped in translucent fire for a moment and is gone, her soul safe until she returns to Lusternia.

Astral insanity is a treasure.

• You are one speedy furrikin aren't you Maligorn.

Age: forever 28 / Sex: female / Location: where the Fates can't reach

• ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::

(Ad-Hoc): Pejat says, "Make your own design."

(Ad-Hoc): Phoebus says, "Yeah well I would but my writing's broken."

(Ad-Hoc): Pejat says, "Yell at Shedrin to make a design for you."

(Ad-Hoc): Shedrin says, "You'll probably be disappointed."

(Ad-Hoc): Phoebus says, "You ask Shedrin for a design. He pulls a notecard out of his pocket and slides it across the table to you. You flip it over. All it says is, "Lightning.""

(Ad-Hoc): Falmiis says, "Define design."

Zyphora said:

(Ad-Hoc): Pejat says, "Make your own design."

(Ad-Hoc): Phoebus says, "Yeah well I would but my writing's broken."

(Ad-Hoc): Pejat says, "Yell at Shedrin to make a design for you."

(Ad-Hoc): Shedrin says, "You'll probably be disappointed."

(Ad-Hoc): Phoebus says, "You ask Shedrin for a design. He pulls a notecard out of his pocket and slides it across the table to you. You flip it over. All it says is, "Lightning.""

(Ad-Hoc): Falmiis says, "Define design."
    I was a little thrown off by my name showing up in a quote when I haven't been online in days, hahah. Were you sitting on this the whole time?
  • @Phoebus I neglected to log it, but more people have fallen victim to the phruit platter
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Vivet said:
    Every so often, it's nice to know the gods are listening in on you. We all love you, Zvoltz.

You look at a cigar stub trailing out grey smoke that Zvoltz is wielding: A half chewed cigar beaten and misshapen you can only tell that it was once a fine cigar by it's scent and the red cherry that somehow never burns out. Whisps of grey smoke trail out and up from it.

*Its
    *wisps

May need punctuation in the first sentence of the examined.

/hides
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • What a syzygy looks like. Unfortunately I can't stick around to abuse it. The Sun is in Skull. (Blunt) The Moon is in Skull. (Hallucinations) Eroee is in Skull. (Sensitivity) Sidiak is in Skull. (Stupidity) Tarox is in Skull. (Recklessness) Papaxi is in Skull. (Ego) Aapek is in Skull. (Aeon) Volcano (fire res) |Str:-2|Dur:-2|Man:-2|Eq:-2|End:-2|Ran:-2|Pow:-2 Antlers (bal) |Str:+3|Dur:+3|Man:+3|Eq:+3|End:+3|Ran:+3|Pow:+3 Twin Crystals (psy res) |Str:-1|Dur:-1|Man:-1|Eq:-1|End:-1|Ran:-1|Pow:-1 Dolphin (eq) |Str:-3|Dur:-3|Man:-3|Eq:-3|End:-3|Ran:-3|Pow:-3 Lion (cha) |Str:-1|Dur:-1|Man:-1|Eq:-1|End:-1|Ran:-1|Pow:-1 Crocodile (phys res) |Str:+3|Dur:+3|Man:+3|Eq:+3|End:+3|Ran:+3|Pow:+3 Burning Censer (asph res) |Str:-2|Dur:-2|Man:-2|Eq:-2|End:-2|Ran:-2|Pow:-2 Spider (web) |Str:+2|Dur:+2|Man:+2|Eq:+2|End:+2|Ran:+2|Pow:+2 Dragon (mag res) |Str:+1|Dur:+1|Man:+1|Eq:+1|End:+1|Ran:+1|Pow:+1 Skull (con) |Str:+4|Dur:+4|Man:+4|Eq:+4|End:+4|Ran:+4|Pow:+4 Bumblebee (movement) |Str:+1|Dur:+1|Man:+1|Eq:+1|End:+1|Ran:+1|Pow:+1 Glacier (cold res) |Str:+2|Dur:+2|Man:+2|Eq:+2|End:+2|Ran:+2|Pow:+2
  • Aramel used it on me and then actually got to use it in a fight on Issey.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Paging @Cyndarin :p
  • DAMN YOU ADULTHOOD
  • Demartel said:
    Aramel used it on me and then actually got to use it in a fight on Issey.
    That was crazy .-. I picked a very bad time to hit up Ethereal :D
    Your numbers today are:
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I've played a trill for over a decade. But if centaurs ever became a playable race, I'd switch in a heartbeat.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Centaurs should really be a thing. Just apply amnesia dust and copious amounts of suspension of disbelief to the "technically they have six limbs" aspect.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Kiradawea said:
    Centaurs should really be a thing. Just apply amnesia dust and copious amounts of suspension of disbelief to the "technically they have six limbs" aspect.
    Oh, limb limits, why must you be? In a perfect world, kephera would have six limbs, as well. Bug people with four limbs, pshhhh.

I feel bad for male kephera in general. In the racial art his face looks like The Tick's, and the fingers of his freak arms are almost to the ground standing fully upright. And that's with his fingers curled in and his kepheran standard-issue inbuilt high heels giving him some extra height. Super-long arms is a pretty poor substitute for a whole set of limbs.

And there's a typo on his page. Poor guy.
  • Doesn't even have mandibles in the art D:

And the female keph has boobs