the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• What. Everyone is so aggressive in this game!
    We have to fill your quota since you're not actually playing.
  • 1. Dude, what is with the Kracknor thing? He can be abrasive but the call out is probably worse then anything he had ever done in one of these games.

2. Mafia has had mayor powers before and the mafia has been stacked with night protection and stupid things. I'm riding this out.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Guys, seriously, I sink into my book for half an hour. I'm considering if I'll let that edit go through, but yes @Thul, there are some things that are unbalanced. There are others that seem unbalanced but have existing countermechanics that have either: (1) Not come up (2) Not been utilised properly (3) In the wrong hands for the purpose it's needed for. Wouldn't Zoroark be great in a serial killer's hands? Or even more hilariously, a doctor's? There are offencive, defencive, and utility Pokemon among all those here, and only two unique roles among all the standard (if slightly unused) mafia roles.

In a hypothetical situation where there is a cult, I can only assume it would be due to this being a 25 player game and that certain conditions would have to be met first, or something incredibly crazy go through otherwise. I'll be back to you in a minute with the results of this crazy Zoroark.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Thul said:
    What. Everyone is so aggressive in this game!
    I'm the nice one for a change?! Hot damn. Incidentally, it's boring and I hate it. 
    Being nice and boring in this game make you a target too.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dylara said:
    Thul said:
    I'm the nice one for a change?! Hot damn. Incidentally, it's boring and I hate it. 
     :( 
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Well, whichever of us goes, I hope one of us town is ready to swap for our pokemon. I'm not sure either of them would be awesome in the hands of the scum.
  • One probably-charged Solrock, and... my thing.

If anyone but Portius nabs Gardevoir, lynch them.
  • Dylara said:
    Thul said:
    God, isn't that the truth. Portius was trying to kill me and I have barely been playing. 
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    And now I have to go to work, boo! Please leave some semblance of a ship left for when I get back from my shift.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Alec jerks around as he hears the words leave Othero's mouth, Zoroark apearing in a bright flash of light with deadly claws extended. "What do you think you're doing?!" He steps towards the man, curling his hands into fists, but Sylandra places a hand on his shoulder and shakes her head. The anger drains from his face, replaced by a tired resignation, and he steps back.

Everyone backs away from Thul and Ssaliss, Zoroark standing an equal distance from each with no emotion on her face. A loud thunk can be heard as a nearby Grotle withdraws his limbs into his shell by nearly flattening them, gently nipping Dylara and drawing her under with him. A moment later, her head pops out of the top of the shell in an almost cartoonish manner, where she can observe without fear of harm.

The standoff seems to take ages, as a sweat beads on Ssaliss' forehead and Thul looms while flexing his musculature as if attempting to make himself seem larger. Krackenor's lip wobbles as Zoroark finally advances, and tears spill from his eyes as his beloved runs to his arms while Zoroark swings her tail around in an attempt to knock Thul's feet from underneath him. 

The man is resilient however, and avoids the blow by striking out with is fist, landing a blow on Zoroark's shoulder and only losing his balance while she loses hers. They each back away from each other as the Pokemon growls angrily, hackles rising. "You're not getting me without a fight," the man spits, but Zoroark happily crows before rising to the challenge.

She lunges at him, and he sidesteps just a second too slow, her claw running along his arm and cutting a shallow gouge that drips blood onto the deck. "Someone stop them!" Whoever in the crowd called out cannot be identified, but no one seems willing to advance closer to the whirling claws and fists that fly back and forth in a long exchange.

"I built my town and defended it from bandits," Thul grunts as he ducks under a claw and jabs his fist into Zoroark's stomach, winding her, "I've fought Rocket thugs who thought they'd run us over," Zoroark's tail lashes out and sends him spinning, and he huffs and puffs as he tries to regain his breath, staring at Zoroark through his eye that isn't swollen and puffy. "I'll be damned if I go down like thi--" 

His voice cuts off in surprise as Ssaliss throws himself in front of the surprise swipe from Zoroark, the claws visible protruding from his back only inches from Thul's face. "I said..." he coughs wetly and blood splatters over Zoroark's fur, "...stop...it..." He sways unsteadily on his feet, doing his best to not look at the paw still embedded in his stomach.

"Wh-why did you--" Thul's surprised, hoarse whisper may as well have been a shout, stunned silence all around save for Krackenor's throaty sobs as he slumps to the ground, head buried in his hands. Zoroark withdraws her paw and jumps backwards, shaking her fur before licking away the blood on her claws slowly, standing safely behind Othero.

Ssaliss falls into Thul's burly arms, blood weeping from the open wound and quickly coating the wooden deck. "Not for you," he says quietly, a wicked smile forming on his mouth. Before Thul can ask he gathers his strength and sits up as best he can, "When they see I'm innocent, you'll get what's coming to you. But you deserve what they're going to give you, not some Pokemon obeying an order." 

With a disgusted grunt he rolls away from Thul, landing on the deck, facing Krackenor and the rest of you, leaving the other man to stare at his back. "...sorry..." he breathes, the light beginning to fade from his eyes even as he reaches out his hand towards his lover. Phoebus is on her knees in the blood, pressing her hands against the wound, but the damage is too deep, and even though she barks at the lingering deckhands to get her first aid kits and towels, there is simply too much blood.

The dam of muffled cries breaks into loud, anguished sobs when Phoebus finally slumps her shoulders and closes the lids of Ssaliss' unseeing eyes. Ileein and Cyndarin try to comfort him, but he is simply inconsolable, and Cyndarin has to hold him back as he tries to go to Ssaliss' body. "LET ME GO, I WANT TO BE WITH HIM. LET ME GO! LET ME GO!" He repeats the words over and over, but almost as one you all circle around him to block the sight of Alec lifting Ssaliss' body as if carrying a child, tears trailing down his cheeks as he takes him belowdeck.

Sylandra, unphased by the dramatics, states, "Ssaliss was an investigator, who was a personal invitation of the Champion." Krackenor's renewed sobs are drowned out by a peal of thunder, the heavens crying with him and slowly wiping away the blood.

Ssaliss "won" the death roll, and was killed by Zoroark. With 11 players left alive, it is now 6 to lynch. Play continues as normal.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Well that sucks :(
  • Well. Awkward.

I'm really hoping this is just one of those things that need the coroner to verify if he's cult or not.

Otherwise, all I can tell you is that he was acting genuinely scummy to me.
  • Yeah, that was really dumb.
  • Is othero confirmed? We've got too many trigger happy killers running around, I think their risk needs to be gauged at this point. I'm skeptical as to how quick Othero scooped up that Pokemon under the assumption it was going to be dangerous. 
  • Also Thul's situation is uncomfortable. On the one hand, Ssaliss is confirmed town and Thul went pretty aggro on him. On the other hand, his argument against Thul was nonsensical. 
  • Someone who is not Othero grab Solrock.
  • As confirmed as I can be? I was paired with Phoebus who's a doctor. I've been fairly straightforward about my night actions. There is other evidence I probably forgot. Honestly if you want to lynch me go for it, I'm pretty burnt out on this game and my posting mistake being used to add more crazy high jinks to the game is the cherry on top. I'm still suspicious of Thul but that's probably going nowhere now.

Unvote as I forgot to earlier.
  • Constructive! Thanks!
  • Ps the rules actually dictate Ssaliss dies. No edits is a rule on the front page. Sucks but at least Trem was generous enough to give your fat fingers a chance and leave it up to RNG
  • Thul said:
    Someone who is not Othero grab Solrock.
    On it. I feel pretty bad giving up Corsola (my buddy!) but it's a lingering protective, which I've already put around pretty much everyone who really needs protecting, and doesn't do anything against trainer actions, so...

Trade Corsola for Solrock!
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Fair and if the game was going any other way I'd shrug and would blame it all on myself. It just stung in a game where player control already feels loose.

Anyways, moving on, I can easily see myself becoming a target. I will say I blew my kill, I can't use it again. I guess we need to wait for an autopsy to know if Ssaliss was a cult convert or not?
  • (Last modpost 10/10. I re-read with gaping mouth. Still missing deadly hygiene products...stupid Weiwae.)
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • (Don't blame Way was, I'm the one that lit his fuse. :p Still feel a little bad about knocking him out of the game so soon)
    I have questions I want to ask, but before I do, I'll ask one first of...

@Tremula

Or perhaps more flavourfully, Sylandra. Generally, we can expect to get a MyLo or LyLo notification when we enter that point in the game. Can we be expecting that here, or will we not be notified for... reasons?

Oh. Still no response. That's not good. Conversation going dead in general is not good either.

I'll proceed once I get home from my shift tonight, even if I have no confirmation. That seems fair.

• So I've just caught up and all I can say is wow.

I am sorry for being semi-MIA but my schedule should be calming down in a few days and I can dedicate more effort here. It's been one hell of a ride, but I still really want us to win this.

So where do we go from here?