the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."

• Team Valor or bust.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ....that's not a pokemon. That's a labrador.
  • It's even better. It's a Golden cosplaying as a Ninetails.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Man, would I get so much attention during the day if I wasn't someone from a creepy graveyard tower?  :(

I literally cannot add any more to my defence other than to reiterate I am who I've said i am, I can only autopsy every other night and I only win with the champion. I have no third party win conditions. I have been largely ignored throughout the game at night, not even flavour text from the mod unless I go out to autopsy or the one time Melali took me for interrogation.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Dylara said:
    Man, would I get so much attention during the day if I wasn't someone from a creepy graveyard tower?  :(

Hey, I still think you're who you say you are. Then again, getting support from the local talking corpse probably doesn't help the image.

• Ssaliss said:
    It's not an end scenario I'm suspicious of. What I'm suspicious of is why he lied. If he wanted to keep his pokemon a secret, all he could've said was "I'd rather not share right now", which wouldn't be that weird for a town to say. Instead, he chose to lie.

In the end, town wins by telling the truth. Scum wins by lying. Does it happen that a town lies? Of course it does. It happens far more often that a scum lies, however. That is why I'm suspicious of him.
    I figured there was a small, if potentially hilarious, chance of getting Lehki to screw up in his seemingly endless stream of different death-cheating abilities. I calculated zero impact on the town.

But while we're talking about what scum does though, there's another thing scum does: try to get hardened town targets lynched in the day, using flimsy logic. They use day attacks in desperate situations.

So please explain to the class why you, Ssaliss, are not scum.
  • ... How about the fact that I've outed three scum? How about the fact that I've investigated people every night? How about the fact that the very night I ended, no one died, and I investigated someone? Or are you claiming that I'm both scum and an investigator (who outed several other scum)?

And really, if I wanted to kill your pokemon, don't you think I would've done so during the night, rather than the day (when everyone can see it's me)?
  • Cult convert. You're an obvious target, no protection, and you've been doing everything you can to discredit me since I revealed cult influence.

And yes, I think you'd try to kill my Pokemon during the day. Because you did try. Incompetently. I feel sorry for your teammates.
  • I didn't try to kill it. It'd take three attacks to kill it; that was just one...

And really, how many times do I need to say it? It doesn't matter if there is a cult or not. If there is one, we need to get its leader (who was, presumably, in it from the beginning) before going after the converts. If there isn't one, we need to go after the people who were scum from the beginning. Thus, our actions should be the same whether or not there's a cult. Once we find the leader and take that person out, then we can look at potential converts.

Also, cult convert? By using that reasoning, we should go after everyone. Othero is obviously scum since he took Zoroark. Krackenor is obviously scum since he changed pokemon to a legendary (I'm sure he knew it'd be legendary somehow). Phoebus is scum because the doctor would be the first to target. Vivet is scum because no one would suspect she'd be converted. Everyone can be seen as scum by using the cult convert label. Other than, conveniently, yourself... which would be why I wonder why the cult would target you in the first place, knowing your protection?
  • Speaking of hyper-aggression...
    Well, you have to admit, it would benefit the Chosen a lot if they had some sort of info gathering power. Especially if they started out alone. They could spend the game bussing members of either cult until they felt like choosing a side, then be in a position of relative security thereafter by bussing whoever is necessary to advance forward while keeping themselves safe. Distracting people with the tails instead of the head, as you yourself might say.

This is why I was pretty convinced Allyrianne was the right person to jump all over, since the inference that she had been playing both sides in secret screamed Chosen to me. That's why I went all in that day. I'm pretty sure if she had a chance to follow up and get in my face, she'd have even claimed that she told you about Kalaneya and Silvanus, Ssaliss, and that's the only reason you picked up on them so well. In that regard, I really do have to wonder how she intended to defend herself from me.

I'm still watching and listening and considering here. Not really made my mind up about anything just yet.

• Krackenor said:
    Speaking of hyper-aggression...

Ssaliss tried to kill my Pokemon in broad daylight.

Ssaliss tried to kill my Pokemon in broad daylight.

Ssaliss tried to KILL my Pokemon in broad daylight.

Take a moment, and imagine that someone, in full view of the rest of the game, dropped the biggest scum tell of all history, and was then allowed to walk away as if nothing happened. Imagine you try to call them on it, and the only backup you get is lukewarm support from a zombie.

Would you not be slightly pissed off?

I'm at least reasonably certain you're not part of Team Ssaliss now. He literally did not think of that until the moment you brought it up.
  • Ok, this might be a stupid stupid move but I think it's the right choice. I'm not trusting Thul. He hasn't been using his pokemon's powers to protect the right people, something isn't adding up with the actions he took last night, and he's become really aggressive about Ssaliss. Adding onto the fact that we can't kill him at night I think this is the best time to do this.

Zoroark use Night Daze on Ssaliss to kill him
  • Wait why am I posting at work. That should be Thul. 

Zoroark use Night Daze on Thul to kill him

@tremula please don't hate me.
    Well then. Crossing my fingers. Thul has info-gathering for sure too, oh boy...
  • Well, that's just unpleasant.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I really hope Tremula takes that semi-edit into account :(
  • Also, again Thul, I didn't try to kill it. It takes three hits to kill it. If I were to try to kill it, I would've done so during the night. That attack was purely to force your pokemon out so we could confirm what it is.
  • Hmm.

Fuck.

No takebacks?
    Yeah. Would be quite terrible to die of the typo-brainfart.
  • So, just because I have a super busy day (and therefore may not be around to post) and I may never actually get to use Grotle anyways. Give me some turtle love!

Grotle, use Withdraw!

• Because MJ eating popcorn isn't quite enough for this situation.
  • Well, before this goes off, I just want everyone to know:

@Krackenor, I think you're a genuinely unpleasant person. Please think about how you talk to people in the future.

@Tremula, I'm sincerely disappointed in you for the cult thing. And game balance in general. Powers have been between god-awesome and not actually playing the game. Expect a full review post-game.

And all over, I'm just kind of disappointed in your logic, town. I explained those powers for a reason.

Purchase Martini.
  • Wait, what? I honestly cannot think of anything I've done to you to merit that reaction. Please educate me, because it is not my intention at ALL
    Krackenor said:
    Wait, what? I honestly cannot think of anything I've done to you to merit that reaction. Please educate me, because it is not my intention at ALL
    I think it just goes with the relatively terse tone you tend to carry. I wouldn't worry about it too much, but will point out that I think you suffered a bit from it when you were Nemesis as well.

• I'm genuinely not certain how to react to any of this. I guess we're going to hold on for the ride! I'm pretty sure Thul isn't scum, given that he did display Mayoral powers and has demonstrated immunity to night actions, so... huh?
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Krackenor said:
    Wait, what? I honestly cannot think of anything I've done to you to merit that reaction. Please educate me, because it is not my intention at ALL
    You've always been my favorite grumpy-pants, for what that's worth.  <3
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • What. Everyone is so aggressive in this game!
  • Vivet said:
    Krackenor said:
    I think it just goes with the relatively terse tone you tend to carry. I wouldn't worry about it too much, but will point out that I think you suffered a bit from it when you were Nemesis as well.

That doesn't help. But I can pick out specifics post game when I'm absolutely certain it's not just a scum persona.

*sip*

Actually kinda hoping this hits me. I've been pissed off and stressed out.