Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I stopped by the Matrix and got Malicooties.
  • I hope that's not a complaint.
    Your numbers today are:
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Re: earlier convo: In my experience if you want to contact gods, MESSAGES are for OOC things like (hey this is an event idea!) and PRAY TO GOD is for IC things (O Your Holiness, I wish to speak with You regarding X).
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    That's what you get for frolicking in Glomdoring. The plague.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited August 2016
     I generally refrain from event criticisms, but in the future, can we make the plague curer neutral please. Something that doesn't involve enemy territory that can be distorted and constantly hunted out, or begging an org large amounts of people are enemied to to convert essence. 

Halli has been very nice about it, but they could've been very not.
    @Crek and I attempted to make a cure using Wyrden Mud - We tried RPing it with amhika and the Swampghast. But it seemed set in stone that Hallifax was going to make a vaccine/cure. Oh well! Still kind of fun I guess! And a young/new player gets to be the center of it all (@Tamashi) pretty cool! Props to @Tamashi and co.

Also, sorry @Manteekan. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime, I have to lose myself in the Wyrd, in the moment, otherwise I'll never let it gooo-woah. Hopefully you won't shank me too much. Mother @Viravain called.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    So...what I'm hearing is that a small mechanical inconvenience (cloudy essence) is worse than shutting off your own borders so only 1 org can experience the Xynthin event, denying everyone RP that pertains to the health of the entire world.

I really, highly doubt anyone's going to patrol Air any more than they usually do unless you kick a Wind Lord while you're gathering essence. Not to mention that you can ask people that aren't enemied to get the job done. Or you can farm your allies' essence and ask an unenemied person to middleman the essence to a Hallifaxian to convert...

I mean, it just seems like a really silly thing to complain about. Maybe try harder to get a skinrot cure next time?

• Salome said:

@Crek and I attempted to make a cure using Wyrden Mud - We tried RPing it with amhika and the Swampghast. But it seemed set in stone that Hallifax was going to make a vaccine/cure. Oh well! Still kind of fun I guess! And a young/new player gets to be the center of it all (@Tamashi) pretty cool! Props to @Tamashi and co.
    The admin would have been totally cool with potential, alternative cures. In our notes for this event, we hoped for everything to be pretty sandbox; we created a scenario and just let you guys do your thing. It is pretty difficult to snap between different groups of people during the throes of the event though, especially when we are aiming to have less structured/linear stories. I think I remember you and Crek talking to the Swampghast, but I think it was also right in the middle of Tamashi's auric dissections. Sorry for not trying to grab you all when you were trying to do something. :( One of the things that made us focus largely on Tamashi and Hallifax was the fact that there was a near-constant demand of an update on their end. In the future, I do want to try my best to interact (or at least entertain) other org possibilities. 
  • edited August 2016
    Maligorn said:
    So...what I'm hearing is that a small mechanical inconvenience (cloudy essence) is worse than shutting off your own borders so only 1 org can experience the Xynthin event, denying everyone RP that pertains to the health of the entire world.

I really, highly doubt anyone's going to patrol Air any more than they usually do unless you kick a Wind Lord while you're gathering essence. Not to mention that you can ask people that aren't enemied to get the job done. Or you can farm your allies' essence and ask an unenemied person to middleman the essence to a Hallifaxian to convert...

I mean, it just seems like a really silly thing to complain about. Maybe try harder to get a skinrot cure next time?
    Looks like you can't hear, then! Work on that next time?
    edited August 2016
    The onus of getting your point across is on you, not me. You mentioned it was a minor thing, and I agree. I wasn't specifically talking to you. A neutral solution is boring and unmotivated storymaking. I think it's appropriate given the time and pressure Hallifax put on the situation because skinrot is so ridiculous. Like...I don't know why you're trying to insult me here.

• edited August 2016
    Your deliberately shitty reading skills and nonsensical comparisons really have nothing to do with me. I explained that locking cures of afflictions with health maluses behind areas that can be locked down should be avoided in the future because they have mechanical implications that can potentially be abused by the organization in control of said commodity. If you can't understand that without peeing yourself over Xynthin, kindly be quiet and occupy yourself while the adults speak. KTHX. Like...I don't know why you're trying to post here.
    But they aren't, and they wouldn't be, and there would likely be admin punishment over it, and Hallifax isn't out to enemy every single person that trespasses on Air. I don't understand where the aggression is coming from at all, and I offered you solutions to this "lockdown of Air" that could occur but probably won't.

• Rofl. Makes jabs at Glomdoring over an unrelated event. Gets upset when people respond. Omg guys I don't get the aggression. 
  • Look, people apparently tried to get their own versions of the skinrot cure. They didn't succeed, Hallifax did. Good on them. The result ended up needing some cloud essence. That IS a pain in the ass for some people - thankfully Hallifax was nice about it. You know, that last bit was repeated quite a few times. But that doesn't change that it requires some hoop jumping. That's not a big deal, though. In the end, everyone, even Dylara and the other "complainers", is dealing with it.

Comparing it to the Wheel of Goloths being brought down by the Wyrdling and kept in Glomdoring - (on hindsight) there wasn't anything non-Gloms could do to influence that part of the event even if the borders were not closed anyway. And everyone knows that there's no real way to keep people out who want to get in. A forest, of all orgs. Glomdoring, of all orgs. 7 entrances spread over 4 different areas that are adjacent. "Denying everyone RP"? Really? Given the importance and significance of the Wyrdling to Glomdoring, and the fact that it is a killable mob, and has been killed before, Glomdoring's RP was on point. This isn't a case of requiring some cloud essence that repops by themselves every hour, at 30 essence each time. People are sucking it up about getting a cloud essence to cure a debilitating, mechanical disadvantage, and you can't get over the fact that you can't personally look at the description of a giant purple worm wrapping itself around an oversized gear/clock/zilean?

So you don't get to see the Wyrdling for all of what, 2 weeks? Was it even that long? You don't get to make some emotes in that room and whisper to each other that "ooohh, so pretty". It's not like you're walking around with -13/-13 debuffs. On the other hand, the Glomdoring CL at the time put her head on the chopping block, risked her position, her reputation and even internal strife to give you a player antagonist - knowing full well she couldn't stop actual infiltration. Knowing full well there was no 100% way to keep people out. And that people are perfectly willing to share the descriptions and specifics via the forums and OOC channels. And you're complaining about that? "Denying everyone RP?" Really? Really?

Sorry, rant over. I really disliked how some people (including Glommies) reacted to Svorai's way of contributing to the event back then, and I've tried to keep it off public channels. But seriously. Get over yourself.

Like, there are a million different ways to address what I said without putting me down so much, but I guess that's beyond you? I think I have a valid point, and that you're exaggerating to an extreme. Your hyperbole (a word you like to use) doesn't really fly with me here, in regards to an org being able to "deny everyone the skinrot cure". Which hasn't happened. Whereas Glomdoring being selfish with events did happen.

You don't seem to understand the point I'm making, so let me be more clear. People seem to be up in arms about Hallifax getting a Hallifax-theemd cure for their work in the skinrot event just now. It got pressured and pushed that way by hard work. Glomdoring had an event that was centre'd and probably tailored around them and nobody else. Those things happen. I'm just trying to apply that same logic to why there's an aeromantic machine on the Peak instead of a wyrden mud spa in an attempt to justify it, in addition to offering solutions to the ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE CLOUDY ESSENCE REQUIREMENT OMG ADMIN PLS FIX!

Like, it's not that big of a deal, it doesn't need insults, vitriol, put-downs, or 3 paragraphs explaining why I'm so utterly wrong/full of myself. Jeez.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited August 2016
    You absolutely do not have any valid point whatsoever.  I, the player, intentionally did not go to Hallifax when Hallifax was RPing searching-for-the-cure within their borders because I feel that internal-org-RP is just that (unless specifically invited).  Who cares if Hallifax closed off their borders?  It makes no difference whatsoever, as long as the cure is freely and publicly available.

The only way your point could be in any way relevant is if, during the Xynthin event, everyone was getting time-destroyed and your stats were all getting wrecked... and wait, there's a way to alleviate the symptoms, but it involves shadow essence!

Would Glom have kept its borders locked?  Probably-- it makes no sense for Glomdoring to let enemies inside to do things / to just randomly provide them with a cure out of the "goodness of our hearts".  We also would have been equally aggressive about complaining on the forums because that would be unfair.  If you're going to make a cure to address a symptom, just make it publicly available.  That way you don't put the burden on the players to deal with RP vs. OOC convenience / enjoyment of the game.  It seems like a very simple, easy suggestion.

Lerad is 100% accurate, that you are trying to tie this to something that is not in any way relevant to just bash an organization because you feel left out... of something that didn't impact you at all anyways.  There was nothing you could have provided during it, it was entirely Glom-centric at that point (just like there have been dozens of other org-centric events, even plenty in Hallifax).  Heck, Hallifax got a freaking cannon.
  • Maligorn said:
    You don't seem to understand the point I'm making, so let me be more clear. People seem to be up in arms about Hallifax getting a Hallifax-theemd cure for their work in the skinrot event just now. It got pressured and pushed that way by hard work. Glomdoring had an event that was centre'd and probably tailored around them and nobody else. Those things happen. I'm just trying to apply that same logic to why there's an aeromantic machine on the Peak instead of a wyrden mud spa in an attempt to justify it, in addition to offering solutions to the ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE CLOUDY ESSENCE REQUIREMENT OMG ADMIN PLS FIX!

Like, it's not that big of a deal, it doesn't need insults, vitriol, put-downs, or 3 paragraphs explaining why I'm so utterly wrong/full of myself. Jeez.
    My rant was more directed at everyone over the past few years, if it is any consolation, who has constantly bashed Svorai's decision back then to now. I don't think Svorai would have actively chosen to put the Wyrdling in Glom territory if she was given a choice - though I'm not 100% sure about that. But I'm tired of people constantly saying it was a selfish decision, that it was done to spite the game and destroy people's fun, when Svorai acted in a manner that was consistent and believable with her RP and the org's ideals, and also in a way that took into consideration how futile that specific decision was. I mean, she went into that decision knowing full well how much people would hate her for it, too, so she doesn't need me white-knighting for her, but that doesn't lessen the indignation I feel.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:
    I'd like to thank Hallifax for all of the friendly people that have invited even city enemies to get cured, and at no cost or even rp of a debt being owed. Regardless of my IC or OOC dislike of certain characters, you've really impressed me in this event.
    Yes, not turning it into a terrible situation is appreciated-- our posts are not related to accusations of anyone trying to hoard anything / hold it back, but instead the belief that players shouldn't even be put in that situation in the first place (because other orgs, sticking to RP, would have had to make a very different decision-- and Hallifax could easily have decided the other way here, too). 

Making cloudy essence to build the device in the first place?  Fine.  Powering it after that, though?  There was no particular need to require more of it as a mechanical thing (completely up to the designer's discretion as to what it takes to activate it on repeat attempts).
  • In this case, the argument was easy enough to make-- total extermination of the disease is necessary to prevent reinfection, so everyone needs to get cured. Cold hard logic. But it's definitely tricky putting players in a spot like that. I'd like to think the admin have their finger on the pulse pretty well during these events, and did things they way they did because they trusted things would turn out. As they did!
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Hallifax was exceedingly nice and helpful, and we are all thankful! I think we have said that a few time now. No idea what a certain someone is getting his e panties in a twist.
    I wouldn't have gotten such twisted panties if you hadn't been so rude, man. I talked it over in a clan and I'm a lot less in DEFEND-THE-OVERCITY mode.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Look, you two need to either roll alts and spend time in Deepnight, or get over it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Hi everyone!

I read through things and sorry that my pestering got your attempts not looked at as often, I sincerely mean it. I'd like to go ahead and go over what happened and why things turned out the way they did to hopefully clear up some questions :). When the outbreak first happened, @Weiwae was looking for any healers, so I volunteered to go. He was extremely awesome and patient and things got worked out. It was suggested we go to the person who taught me Healing skillset so we went to Creshok. I admit I spent about 10 hours straight between different admins going over the discovery and isolation of the cure.

So that was day one and all of day two and three I'd go visit Creshok every few hours to hopefully gain the attention to let us push forward and get people taken care of, I had no idea other people were seeking out alternative methods! So the machine got made thanks to a good suggestion, because mine was to give all Healers the cure through the Skin skill, which would take longer. It does kind of suck that it has to be cloud essence and doesn't make you immune, but I think that much is out of our control.

Even from the start I planned on making the cure available to all, and even believe I interacted with people from each Org to put that foot forward, so glad we could still live up to expectations. Sorry again for taking the possibilities from you guys, but hope you enjoy the work we did put into it. Have a good one!
  • Tamashi said:
    Hi everyone!

I read through things and sorry that my pestering got your attempts not looked at as often, I sincerely mean it. I'd like to go ahead and go over what happened and why things turned out the way they did to hopefully clear up some questions :). When the outbreak first happened, @Weiwae was looking for any healers, so I volunteered to go. He was extremely awesome and patient and things got worked out. It was suggested we go to the person who taught me Healing skillset so we went to Creshok. I admit I spent about 10 hours straight between different admins going over the discovery and isolation of the cure.

So that was day one and all of day two and three I'd go visit Creshok every few hours to hopefully gain the attention to let us push forward and get people taken care of, I had no idea other people were seeking out alternative methods! So the machine got made thanks to a good suggestion, because mine was to give all Healers the cure through the Skin skill, which would take longer. It does kind of suck that it has to be cloud essence and doesn't make you immune, but I think that much is out of our control.

Even from the start I planned on making the cure available to all, and even believe I interacted with people from each Org to put that foot forward, so glad we could still live up to expectations. Sorry again for taking the possibilities from you guys, but hope you enjoy the work we did put into it. Have a good one!
    That really isn't anything you should be apologizing for. You just played with what was handed to you.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • Hey, don't blame me. Celest was supposed to find a healer mob not a healer player, and then they were supposed to help create a ritual that could be done at the healing mound in  Mornhai. But no, that wasn't the direction players took it and I had to improvise!

Now, Weiwae may never have another chance to learn the difference between healing Elders and healing Elder shards ... 
  • Weiwae said:
    Hey, don't blame me. Celest was supposed to find a healer mob not a healer player, and then they were supposed to help create a ritual that could be done at the healing mound in  Mornhai. But no, that wasn't the direction players took it and I had to improvise!

Now, Weiwae may never have another chance to learn the difference between healing Elders and healing Elder shards ... 
    Well the healing mound did bond with Tamashi and with the cure flowing through him would interact with his aura. Perhaps something could still be arranged to get what you were wanting?
  • edited August 2016
    Like I understand there's apparently a bit of an argument going on between a few people on the forums and such about past events vs this event so I'll skip past the whole she said he said part of this argument people are having. Come on Chill and be nice to each other guys :D

It was a fun event in part but the attention did go to hallifax more so than others it seems, like the godmin in this forum post even said they couldn't take time out of their hallifax rp they got involved in to speak with @crek and @salome when they were trying to find a non-hallifax related cure. Or other times when rituals were attempted in Glom and seren and no gods were able to respond to them. So Hallifax got the most from the gods time compared to the other cities. Its understandable there are only so many limited resources to work with and Hallifax in this event got the lions share.  This is nothing for @Tamashi or anyone to apologise for, so enjoy your time given in the sun guys, don't feel bad about it :D

It happens its no big deal. Some events and times will favor certain groups and in some occasions no matter how hard you try you are not going to get the attention you need to be an important part of an event, I know it can be disappointing when an event is going on and folks are putting in effort but not getting any feedback to work with, I know but well there will be other events and the gods can't role play with everyone all the time they need to pick who gets time and then once thats started they cant really just pull out and go else where. Even if it feels like your being ignored your not being ignored deliberately.

So lets chill :D 

Plus: I mean mechanically from a game play stand point nothing stopping me going in to air to grab 20 essence and cure myself as a glom. I mean the air plane is as easy to gather essence on as anywhere else really. Hmm I've actually been jumped more on the earth plane than I have on the air plane if we are keeping count. So the cures here and mechanically its easy to do(Trust me I've done it like 7 times today myself like omg seriously seven times! As soon as I think i'm out they pull be right back in!)  
This discussion has been closed.