Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Writers block IG.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited August 2016
    Hoaracle said:
    Salome said:

@Crek and I attempted to make a cure using Wyrden Mud - We tried RPing it with amhika and the Swampghast. But it seemed set in stone that Hallifax was going to make a vaccine/cure. Oh well! Still kind of fun I guess! And a young/new player gets to be the center of it all (@Tamashi) pretty cool! Props to @Tamashi and co.
    The admin would have been totally cool with potential, alternative cures. In our notes for this event, we hoped for everything to be pretty sandbox; we created a scenario and just let you guys do your thing. It is pretty difficult to snap between different groups of people during the throes of the event though, especially when we are aiming to have less structured/linear stories. I think I remember you and Crek talking to the Swampghast, but I think it was also right in the middle of Tamashi's auric dissections. Sorry for not trying to grab you all when you were trying to do something. :( One of the things that made us focus largely on Tamashi and Hallifax was the fact that there was a near-constant demand of an update on their end. In the future, I do want to try my best to interact (or at least entertain) other org possibilities. 
    I wasn't complaining @Hoaracle @Maligorn. I was just stating what we tried to do - aka Massage Parlour of Mud. You did great @Hoaracle. Events like this are super hard, especially with all the work I saw put into it.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Also, not a double post but this is to @Tamashi - We are NOT, repeat not complaining. We're honestly /me honestly, is stoked about you having all of it be about you! A new player! That's great! I don't know why other people think we're complaining, some people were on a technical standpoint, but there is 0% to apologise for. And I'm so happy for you. Please don't think you've done any wrong. If you still feel bad, please message me.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Tamashi said:
    Weiwae said:
    Hey, don't blame me. Celest was supposed to find a healer mob not a healer player, and then they were supposed to help create a ritual that could be done at the healing mound in  Mornhai. But no, that wasn't the direction players took it and I had to improvise!

Now, Weiwae may never have another chance to learn the difference between healing Elders and healing Elder shards ... 
    Well the healing mound did bond with Tamashi and with the cure flowing through him would interact with his aura. Perhaps something could still be arranged to get what you were wanting?
    Maybe next time. Who knows? That's why these things are fun, you never know what's going to happen!
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Okay :) I hope you feel better soon.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I mean, I'd already stopped thinking about the forums and gotten over it, but you clearly aren't. I'm deeply sorry that you're so fixated on making me feel bad! I sincerely hope you find something to be happy about.

• edited August 2016
    In honor of the silly fights on this thread, I announce the opening of Cuddle-the-Bear aethermanse. Now quit the arguing and cuddle a bear, it'll make you feel better!
  • Tamashi said:
    In honor of the silly fights on this thread, I announce the opening of Cuddle-the-Bear aethermanse. Now quit the arguing and cuddle a bear, it'll make you feel better!
    I miss my bear. Can I have a free invitation?
  • There was no negativity until people started shitting on the event despite Hallifax being incredibly gracious with something we literally had no control over. We didn't decide to have the cure need cloudy essence.
    See you in Sapience.
  • o.o
    Your numbers today are:
  • Salome said:
    Tamashi said:
    I miss my bear. Can I have a free invitation?
    You now have premium membership to the Cuddle-the-Bear aethermanse, no fees ever.
  • edited August 2016
    Twytch said:
    There was no negativity until people started shitting on the event despite Hallifax being incredibly gracious with something we literally had no control over. We didn't decide to have the cure need cloudy essence.
    Let's be all done please.

There is no crapping on anything, there is no blah blah blah negativity - If anything the negativity is just stemming from assumption of competitive nature of attention. Not everyone can have the attention, we get that. We already know that. But we weren't saying we wanted any, we were saying that we tried to do other things! THATS ALL. WE TRIED THINGS. /end. Wait, stop, read that again. It's italicised.

Not, WE TRIED THINGS BUT WAH, HALLIFAX /end

The people were merely talking about the technicality of Air, not how Hallifax got the attention of the admin. Read that again. Go back, it's bolded.

Nope. At least not from my perspective, or wait, 99% of Glomdoring's persepctive. Those other things we did got ignored! WHO CARES. We were just SAYING that WE TRIED STUFF TOO. Is that bad to say?

If you can read back to the people not cussing, or causing a fuss - aka me, Crek, and a few others, this discussion is over. If you're super sore about something you have an assumption about, maybe start another thread. I am sure other people in Glomdoring can assure you that the technical use of Air was all that they were pointing out.

Edit: For coherence.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    As the one who actually brought up Xynthin, I do apologise.

I wasn't trying to draw an exact correlation because obviously the events are completely different, I was just pointing out that everyone else understands (at the very least in part), the frustration of the cure not being entirely neutral. 

IDIDNOTMEANTOSTARTAWARSOSORRY.

• Salome said:
    Twytch said:
    There was no negativity until people started shitting on the event despite Hallifax being incredibly gracious with something we literally had no control over. We didn't decide to have the cure need cloudy essence.

There is no crapping on anything, there is no blah blah blah negativity - If anything the negativity is just stemming from assumption of competitive nature of attention. Not everyone can have the attention, we get that. We already know that. But we weren't saying we wanted any, we were saying that we tried to do other things! THATS ALL. WE TRIED THINGS. /end. Wait, stop, read that again. It's italicised.

The people were merely talking about the technicality of Air, not how Hallifax got the attention of the admin. Read that again. Go back, it's bolded.

Nope. At least not from my perspective, or wait, 99% of Glomdoring's persepctive. Those other things we did got ignored! WHO CARES. We were just SAYING that WE TRIED STUFF TOO. Is that bad to say?

If you can read back to the people not cussing, or causing a fuss - aka me, Crek, and a few others, this discussion is over. If you're super sore about something you have an assumption about, maybe start another thread. I am sure other people in Glomdoring can assure you that the technical use of Air was all that they were pointing out.

???

I didn't say only Hallifax did stuff for the event. I know for a fact Serenwilde was doing some voodoo thing with the Cradle of Vision, and that Celest was poking around at healing mounds. 

What I'm saying Hallifax didn't decide to have Air play a crucial part in the event. We didn't tell the admin, "Hey, let's have the cure need cloudy essence. That'd be a laugh." That wasn't on us. That was the hand we were dealt. Except that it looks like people are crapping all over that fact, despite us having no actual control of what had to go into the thing to make the cure.
    See you in Sapience.
  • I would like to recognise Tamashi for actually trying to go out and interact with NPC's, and being proactive, and ACTUALLY GETTING SOMETHING DONE. Don't let the rants tweets get you down
  • edited August 2016
    Twytch said:
    Salome said:
    Twytch said:

???

I didn't say only Hallifax did stuff for the event. I know for a fact Serenwilde was doing some voodoo thing with the Cradle of Vision, and that Celest was poking around at healing mounds. 

What I'm saying Hallifax didn't decide to have Air play a crucial part in the event. We didn't tell the admin, "Hey, let's have the cure need cloudy essence. That'd be a laugh." That wasn't on us. That was the hand we were dealt. Except that it looks like people are crapping all over that fact, despite us having no actual control of what had to go into the thing to make the cure.
    Reading the posts, I think you're reading a lot more into them than exists. People raised a slight quibble, nobody's really pissed off. They even said, "this could have been an issue if Hallifax hadn't been good about it but thankfully they were.

But of course this is the forums and everyone has to launch into all-out holy wars at the slightest provocation, so god knows what anyone's actually arguing about at this point.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • edited August 2016
    No one shit on Hallifax. In fact, repeated nice things were said about Hallifax. I openly praised Halifax repeatedly. They were way nicer than they had to be. General advice was offered for future events. No malice, no argument, no insults. Completely good natured. There was no criticism offered, this crying that Maligorn and Twytch are doing is non sensical. There was literally no attack on anyone until Maligorn got involved. IT WASN'T A BIG DEAL, it was a minor thing for the admin to consider in the future just to avoid possible conflicts that don't exist this time around. Cue grudges against Glom by the usual suspects.

Instead of addressing that, apparently some admin (Hey @Weiwae) saw fit to ignore players intentionally starting partisan attacks and only addressing/flagging players that apparently are on the other side of in game alliances or administrative criticism. I don't know which it is, but in all these years I've never seen an admin deliberately side with players like that except for Eventru. I'm completely uninterested in this, I will be taking by business elsewhere. 
  • edited August 2016

This is what's happening, from various discussions all over the place:

EVENT A
    Things happen in Glomdoring regarding Xynthin/Xenthos. Is a world event centered around Glomdoring. Glomdoring decides to close borders despite the event having world-wide effects, because RP. Is good, fine.

EVENT B
    Things happen all over the world. Event becomes centered around Hallifax. Hallifax decides to share things. Is not good, is not fine.

Do you see how it can be a bummer for players when reading the complaints regarding cloud essence being needed?
    See you in Sapience.
  • Twytch said:
    Salome said:
    Twytch said:

???

If you can read back to the people not cussing, or causing a fuss - aka me, Crek, and a few others, this discussion is over.

If you can read back to the people not cussing

If you can read back to the people

If you can read back to the

If you can read back

If you

can

read
  • Arix said:
    Fun fact, for like ten solid minutes during that ritual thing I thought Salome was an NPC
    *victory*
  • Salome said:
    Twytch said:
    Salome said:
    Twytch said:

???

If you can read back to the people not cussing, or causing a fuss - aka me, Crek, and a few others, this discussion is over.

If you can read back

If you

can

read
    With all due respect, if this discussion is over for you, then that's fine and dandy. Exit the conversaion. Except it is not done for others, obviously, due to the cussing. Some people still think it's there's an issue to fight over.

The condescension is cute, though. +1
    See you in Sapience.
  • edited August 2016
    Twytch said:

This is what's happening, from various discussions all over the place:

EVENT A
    Things happen in Glomdoring regarding Xynthin/Xenthos. Is a world event centered around Glomdoring. Glomdoring decides to close borders despite the event having world-wide effects, because RP. Is good, fine.

EVENT B
    Things happen all over the world. Event becomes centered around Hallifax. Hallifax decides to share things. Is not good, is not fine.

Do you see how it can be a bummer for players when reading the complaints regarding cloud essence being needed?
    Considering you play a text game, I thought you might be able to read and know that this isn't what is happening at all.

But I guess not?

The gripe is: Hey maybe next time, make the Solution neutral since if one org controls Solution they don't have to be nice and share. 

Not: Screw Hallifax for getting all the attention
    Your numbers today are:
  • I remember the good old days when all the events eventually came around to 'Well Screw Celest'
  • Twytch said:
    Salome said:
    Twytch said:
    Salome said:
    Twytch said:

???

If you can read back

If you

can

read
    With all due respect, if this discussion is over for you, then that's fine and dandy. Exit the conversaion. Except it is not done for others, obviously, due to the cussing. Some people still think it's there's an issue to fight over.

The condescension is cute, though. +1
    Lol @ calling out condescending posts while being condescending.

+1
    Your numbers today are:
  • edited August 2016
    Kilee said:
    Considering you play a text game, I thought you might be able to read and know that this isn't what is happening at all.

But I guess not?

The gripe is: Hey maybe next time, make the Solution neutral since if one org controls Solution they don't have to be nice and share. 

Not: Screw Hallifax for being the snowflake of this event.

Solutions being controlled by specific orgs is part of the Lusternian experience. One event off the top of my head is the hai'Gloh Zemordia. Raziela is bound and sick, oh no, how do we cure her? Celest had to either talk to both Serenwilde and Glomdoring, or to Magnagora, for the Solution.

It's a way for the administration to make sure their players aren't completely bubbled off within their respective organizations. "Go out and play with others", is the idea.

EDIT: I thought I misplaced the apostrophe. Maybe?
    See you in Sapience.
  • Daraius said:
    I'll have lost faith in our mad science department if Doctor Creshok doesn't keep both the machine and some infectious samples for future weaponization purposes.
    Tamashi has knowledge of all the aspects of this strain of the plague, and even still has infected blood in a vial, thanks @Weiwae! I've already hidden it for weaponization later.
  • Also, I'm just starting to slug through the cuss-filled posts. Telling people to go play another game is probably not the most constructive of comments. Maybe that's just me, though.
    See you in Sapience.
This discussion has been closed.