Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• How much do the crate things Jeremiah has cost? (May be in the position to buy credits later this month)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• They currently cost from 200 for 5 (40cr per) up to 1800 for 50 (36 cr per).
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    200 for a 5-pack, 1800 for a 50-pack, and they span the range between there in an escalating scale (200/5 = 40 credits per coin, 1800/50 = 36 credits per coin, and the interim stages are 37/38/39 credits per coin).
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I never got an answer, but is there a way to see how close to the spin bonuses you are?
  • Xenthos said:
    The 5/13 artifacts make a huge difference.  I am at 13/13 cutting/blunt and 12/13 divinus, I think.

I've got the rune, are we talking lots of curious and wonder items?
  • Veyils said:
    Xenthos said:
    The 5/13 artifacts make a huge difference.  I am at 13/13 cutting/blunt and 12/13 divinus, I think.

With a truefavour (2), karmic war (1), kirigami (1) and wondercorn (1) I'm usually running at least 5 universal. A tattoo adds another 1, curio 2 and rune 5, which brings you to 13. Some classes also get buffs so not all of these things are needed. I believe you get another 1/3 universal from Strength in Athletics?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I can understand wanting to make sure people don't game the system too much, but surprise price changes don't help anything, nor does setting prices based on what really just amounts to an outlier. I've seen people spin ten coins and get 7 dolls, two sets of sticky dingbats, and a leprechaun cask. Others, a paintbrush, a pair of goop ears, and a bubblix within ten spins.

It all comes down to luck, but you really have to find a balance between what someone is willing to pay and what something is actually worth. I think it tipped a bit too far in the wrong direction considering many of the spins are still pins/dolls.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited September 2016
    So I went ahead and did some estimates based on the numbers we have from what the iron coins give and what artifacts you can get from the presents. An extremely conservative estimate had each coin giving back about 35 credits worth of "traded in value" each while a slightly more realistic but still fairly conservative estimate had it at about 46 credits each.

Of course, there is a fairly high variance. It's a gamble, sure, but that should imply that you can get more or less than what you put in back. If it's skewed so far that you are much more likely to come out (very far) ahead than behind then it's hardly gambling. It's just a wealth multiplier. 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Packages containing 5 hair curios SUCK as a prize from a 40cr coin. /rant /gripe

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I guess my issue is that prices got changed upwards based on one person's good luck, but aren't likely to come down when a lot of people complain about paying what amounts to 40 credits for a doll or pin, several times in a row.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited September 2016
    Raising the prices on all my enchantments to keep up with the five-fold increases on gems :(
    I knew you well, inflation.

Edit: I'm just being silly. This change is good :)
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Falmiis said:
    Veyils said:
    Xenthos said:

With a truefavour (2), karmic war (1), kirigami (1) and wondercorn (1) I'm usually running at least 5 universal. A tattoo adds another 1, curio 2 and rune 5, which brings you to 13. Some classes also get buffs so not all of these things are needed. I believe you get another 1/3 universal from Strength in Athletics?
    bear for 1/2, Athletics strength for 2/3, tattoo for 1/5. Plus rune 5/13 so I've got 9. Soo I need a curio for 2, corn for 1 and then a temp buff for the last 13?
  • Falmiis said:
    So I went ahead and did some estimates based on the numbers we have from what the iron coins give and what artifacts you can get from the presents. An extremely conservative estimate had each coin giving back about 35 credits worth of "traded in value" each while a slightly more realistic but still fairly conservative estimate had it at about 46 credits each.

Of course, there is a fairly high variance. It's a gamble, sure, but that should imply that you can get get more or less than what you put in back. If it's skewed so far that you are much more likely to come out (very far) ahead than behind then it's hardly gambling. It's just a wealth multiplier. 
     I went for the 390 package and got:
    401 goop
    dolls no idea:
    a plush doll of Princess Marilynth. x2
    a plush doll of Methrenton, Crusader of the Holy Flame.
    aetheric keystone: 125 credits(trade in 83ish)
    2x pins worth about trade in??? 20 credits
    a Lesser Rune of Magical Resistance.=75 credits(trade in 66ish)
    3 wonder crystas= aprox 300credits
    50 bound credits
    28 sticky dingbats.

So like 550ish worth of stuff if you work on trade in and general value. So worth it for me.

• Sorry, my last post came off more hostile/whiny than I intended. I was stressed from both RL and in game stuff.

Can I just type news anywhere to enter news? That's what I meant about no universal news. In my case, I have some recent health issues which mean I sometimes need to leave unexpectedly or fall asleep as my meds make me very drowsy, so it's not that I'm being malicious or lazy.
  • you can read news anywhere but you don't leave the game to do so outside of a newsroom

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'd recommend a shorter TIMEOUT number, then. That way, if something does happen and you need to leave unexpectedly, you'll log out automatically after a little while.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I'll set that up. I have a keepalive trigger out of habit (used to be needed in some other games I played or the game would accidentally drop you), but it may not be needed these days or in Lusty.
  • Breandryn said:
    Sorry, my last post came off more hostile/whiny than I intended. I was stressed from both RL and in game stuff.

Can I just type news anywhere to enter news? That's what I meant about no universal news. In my case, I have some recent health issues which mean I sometimes need to leave unexpectedly or fall asleep as my meds make me very drowsy, so it's not that I'm being malicious or lazy.
    Unfortunately due to some abuse in the past its no  longer possible, same with going into journal editor. It's very sad, always hope for someone up keeping desks.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Falmiis said:
    I'll be flailing around (more than usual) for a bit.

Bonecrusher, then?
  • Dylara said:
    Breandryn said:
    Sorry, my last post came off more hostile/whiny than I intended. I was stressed from both RL and in game stuff.

Unfortunately due to some abuse in the past its no  longer possible, same with going into journal editor. It's very sad, always hope for someone up keeping desks.
    When it comes to Glom, I get a reminder to refresh the desks a while before they decay, so the two desks (and accompanying chairs) there should be safe.

If any other org wants to add itself to my watch list, I can always be persuaded to do so... for a small fee, of course.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    When you absentmindedly open your new origami out of habit, forgetting that someone's ascension is about to begin. Whoopsie.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Falmiis said:
    You have classflexed into the Sentinels Guild.

I'll be flailing around (more than usual) for a bit.

My first reaction was "Why is he posting about Achaea?" and then I remembered Sentinels are actually Lusternia's deadest guild. 
  • Well Shofangi are pretty dead
  • Templars             0               1
  • Meeting somebody and talking for 30 minutes, logging in 8 hours later and asking them if they'll join your family is not the way to get me to join your family. :?
    Your numbers today are:
  • Kilee said:
    Meeting somebody and talking for 30 minutes, logging in 8 hours later and asking them if they'll join your family is not the way to get me to join your family. :?

Welcome to Niina and her drama llama.
  •  :# 
    Your numbers today are:
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Demartel said:
    Kilee said:
    Meeting somebody and talking for 30 minutes, logging in 8 hours later and asking them if they'll join your family is not the way to get me to join your family. :?

Welcome to Niina and her drama llama.
    That's pretty damned unfair (and I'd also wager uncalled for). More like welcome to Lusternia and a lot of players in every org. 

This discussion has been closed.