Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• But they don't need more drama...

• edited September 2016
    Dylara said:
    Everiine said:
    It gets pretty frustrating though no matter who it is. I love getting to know new people, getting a feel for them, and then considering whether they would be a good fit for the family. Then I usually find out they were asked by another family within the first couple of hours after starting the game, and I wonder why I bother.
    I feel the same way about adopting folks for my family. I've been pretty lucky lately, I've had people approach me but I usually lose out to other families.

I must have smelled then :( Everyone says they all got invited to a family like instantly and no one invited me....pooor sad little orphan me ......
  • Veyils said:
    Dylara said:
    Everiine said:
    It gets pretty frustrating though no matter who it is. I love getting to know new people, getting a feel for them, and then considering whether they would be a good fit for the family. Then I usually find out they were asked by another family within the first couple of hours after starting the game, and I wonder why I bother.
    I feel the same way about adopting folks for my family. I've been pretty lucky lately, I've had people approach me but I usually lose out to other families.

I must have smelled then :( Everyone says they all got invited to a family like instantly and no one invited me....pooor sad little orphan me ......
    You're engaged, nobody is adopting you :(

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Yes, there's a bit of Serenguard drama right now. But how often does that happen? I'd say one meltdown every 4-5 RL years is pretty darn good.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Why is the manliest of manly men not strong arming his way through this mess? Show those girly men of the Serenguard what a real man looks like.
  • I was only joking but too late now :D I wasn't engaged for ages though,
  • I wasn't adopted for at least 75 years, I don't think. Then after I got confirmed, Ishant, Astraea, and Leiliadhe all immediately went inactive and I was super disillusioned. It's not all good things and in the end, I didn't miss too much from not being in a family.

on the other hand, SS has been great.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ragniliff was somewhere between 90 and 100 years old before she ended up in a family, too. I really wouldn't put much stock into it!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited September 2016
    It's never too late! Any Hallis between 150 and 200 that aren't adopted already have a pretty good chance of attracting my attention, at least.

Edit: Of course this is a sliding range so there's really only a handful of characters that fit the bill. :/
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Everiine said:
    Yes, there's a bit of Serenguard drama right now. But how often does that happen? I'd say one meltdown every 4-5 RL years is pretty darn good.
    This is what happens when you bottle up the drama for 5 years. It explodes like a can of coke you left in your car during a winter freeze. Like a sorority girl face first into a toilet after drinking a bottle of Jack. Like...well you get the idea.
  • Vivet said:
    Ragniliff was somewhere between 90 and 100 years old before she ended up in a family, too. I really wouldn't put much stock into it!
    We were happy to blood bond Raggy in :D

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Celena earned level 5.

I see you. 
  • I told myself it was stupid and I wouldn't get into it...but lore is kind of neat here :open_mouth:
    Your numbers today are:
  • Are you confused because you enjoyed it?
  • edited September 2016
    I wrote some Lusternian lore for Discord, I'm sharing it here if anyone wants to publish it. You have my permission, please credit appropriately. 

"Let me...illuminate you," said Shuyin as be brushed Sidd's dark hair from his bleary, whiskey eyes.

"But we can't, " gasped Sidd, his breath catching in his throat. "What if Celina finds out?"

"She doesn't matter," whispered Shuyin as he laid Sidd gently atop a pile of corpses to rest atop the twitching body of Ymuli.

Shuyin leans in, his tongue brushing against Sidd's whiskey scented lips, the bitter sweet flavors as entangled as their bodies

"You must have used Lust on me," whispered Sidd, "because I just can't reject you."
    During Celina and Sidd's first marriage (when they would be called Celina and Sidd) Ymuli wouldn't have existed :?

Also you can reject lust.

6/10 probably would read the rest

Edit: Any plot holes can be explained with the multiverse of the Xynthin event so I'm bumping it to 7/10
    Your numbers today are:
  • Celina for Bardics win.

Kilee: Celina and Sidd are always Celina and Sidd.

And you can't reject this lust.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I could stand to read more of this.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Can we just like mass wipe skinrot? People are intentionally keeping it to infect people. Normally this doesn't bother me, but I'm not a fan of essence constantly being thrown away because someone feels the need to be an asshole.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Or maybe even have the machine be tweaked to continuously rain for an in-game day so people who aren't around at the exact moment it hits still get the benefit? It won't do anything to skinrotalt hiding in a manse, but it'll seriously derail their ability to troll.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Looks like we need to temporarily up the power of the cure machine. Maybe hook it up to the Seal of Nature for a moment?   ;)
    See you in Sapience.
  • Allow it to put fire essence in and cleanse the basin with fire.
    Your numbers today are:
  • Twytch said:
    Looks like we need to temporarily up the power of the cure machine. Maybe hook it up to the Seal of Nature for a moment?   ;)
    I kind of feel like this is why the seal will break, for Reasons.
    Your numbers today are:
  • Obligatory post about zerg.
    Your numbers today are:
This discussion has been closed.