Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Following a (successful) raid on EtherGlom:

(Market): Ciaran says, "Join queue for wargames! Save the forests!"

Any chance we could stop using Market to troll?
  • Trust me (or not), but he wasn't trying to troll.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Just like he isn't trying to troll when he harasses people with "are we doing this" tells, etc.

I will concede that it is possible he is not intentionally aiming to do so, but if that is the case he really needs to take a few steps back and think about what he says.  The fact that he keeps doing things like this just makes it harder and harder to believe it is unintentional.
  • Xenthos said:
    Just like he isn't trying to troll when he harasses people with "are we doing this" tells, etc.

It's also possible Ciaran just wants defenders to defend when he raids. And yes, he raids when there are defenders around. But who am I kidding. It's all LIES, obviously.
    See you in Sapience.
  • edited September 2016
    To be fair, he's asked Sidd and myself the "are we doing this," thing. So we did, and he didn't and left. 

I don't know if it's entirely genuine based on my experience. 
    Twytch said:
    Xenthos said:

It's also possible Ciaran just wants defenders to defend when he raids. And yes, he raids when there are defenders around. But who am I kidding. It's all LIES, obviously.
    Gee, maybe sometimes defenders have other things they'd like to be doing rather than defending and receiving harassing tells.  Maybe they are not always enjoying the experience as much as the raider.  Novel concept, I know.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I've utterly failed to trip and reset this trap for the last two days. What are you even doing, brain?
  • This situation with infinite traps sure is annoying.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • edited September 2016
    Ooh, I missed the talk shit about me opportunity.

Sorry if I hurt your sensitivities, but it was 6v2 and the north was curbstomping you guys.  I sat out and tried to get a wargames going because it wasn't fair and wanted people to actually engage in some balanced PvP.

Suck it up.

Also, Celina, you are projecting.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Talan said:
    This situation with infinite traps sure is annoying.
    Really, cause that's, like, in my top 3 favourite dreams. 
  • Yeah? Shedrin, enemy this person instead. He/She likes what you've done to Astral.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • edited September 2016
    I'm not sure how I'm projecting, as I don't send tells like that. I've never been in that situation!

Ciaran, you are deflecting. 
  • Different traps - But we really should cull traps.
    Suffer, pit-gust-conceal spammers.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited September 2016
    Let's get this straight:

I send tells to common fighters asking if they're down to fight.  If they say no there are no defenders, go away, I go away.

I try to start a wargames when the north is overwhelming and beating down the south so that we can even up team numbers and have good fights.

I sit out when numbers are unfair, and I make sure to let people have 1v1's and don't mob in on them.

Still, people cry.

I'm constantly trying to engage southern fighters in a dialogue and find a fair place to fight.  I go 1v5 yesterday and in the end @Kraw says I wouldn't have done it against top-tier fighters, as if that's some indictment.  Of course I wouldn't go 1v5 against the top 5 south fighters! Is that what the measurement of not being a griefer is?

When are you people going to realize that I'm not griefing you? You are just  frustrated!  I can only imagine how much of a jerk I could be to your org if I wanted to be, but I never am.

I would love to call in my character witness @Veyils, who is always around defending when I'm online.  Not Celina who's retired and doesn't have a clue what she's talking about.  Not Synkarin who works whenever I'm online.  What about the actual people that I fight against?

edit:
    I dunno why I'm playing such the victim.  @Xenthos , and @Cyndarin , you'll never be happy with me because I'm not on your team.  At least Sidd is relatively chill when he steps away from the game.

Best to let it lie.
  • Sorry guys, I retired so it erased past events. It's as if I never existed. 
    "What about the people I fight against?"

Who do you think tells us that you are harassing them?  Maybe they do not like to have their name called out, maybe they do not want to be put in the middle of this when they already feel bad enough about the whole experience.  But honestly, if they didn't talk about it I would have no idea you were even doing so since I too generally work those hours when you feel comfortable raiding.
  • Sorry guys, I retired so it erased past events. It's as if I never existed. 
    Sorry, who are you again?
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • edited September 2016
    I don't think I cried, you're just being rude, and people are telling you that you are. Instead of listening, you are insulting them. Great job!

My advice is if people are asking you to stop doing specific things because it is perceived as taunting or bullying, and you are trying to be the nice guy, stop doing the thing. You're just insulting them on the forums, which really undermines the whole nice guy routine. 

Look at it from their perspective. If they wanted to fight you, they'd fight you. If they wanted to "do this," they would be doing it. Sending them tells every time doesn't change their situation. It's like you're asking a rhetorical question that you already know the answer to, so it comes across as a taunt. I specifically don't take raids to tells because it makes people really irritable. 

I generally thought you had good intentions, if somewhat unnecessarily pushy, it's why I usually responded to you when you asked me (assuming I was paying attention at the time.) Despite your poor attitude here, I think even you can attest to that! I don't recall our brief interactions be anything but cordial. It only happened a handful of times.

You did ask me once, however, and I said sure and got Sidd and we went to Faethorn. You and the North immediately left and sat in Etherwilde, prompting Sidd to ask me "I thought you said he asked you for a fight (paraphrased)". It happened, it was a real thing. My retirement didn't alter the space time continuum. Being rude or dismissive about that situation really doesn't change it. 

disclaimer: I didn't personally care that you sent me tells. I usually took it as a mix between interest and baiting, which I'm cool with. I just didn't really buy the "I'm just looking out for you guys," bit. 
  • It's better not to try to be too polite with people you are attacking. Even where it's well-intentioned, it's rarely well-received.

Killing people in their homes does not invite amity. Most raiders are nice people, but those they raid are perfectly entitled to hate their stupid faces. Raiders either need to accept that, or stop raiding. You might be a nice guy, but you're doing a mean thing.

It's not some honorable clash of fellows in the fraternity of noble combatants when you're killing any novice who strays off their own nexus. Once you're doing that stuff, any nice-guy banter comes off as smarmy/snotty/condescending/trollish.

It's fine either way. We need these conflicts and these enemies... just, accept that you ARE enemies, and everything you do/say will be perceived through this lens.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    It's trolling when you're raiding and stating it that way via Market. That's like trolling 101. So elementary. Why are we discussing this?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Because I wasn't trolling you?
  • edited September 2016
    Ciaran said:
    Sorry if I hurt your sensitivities, but it was 6v2 and the north was curbstomping you guys. 

Suck it up.

Either you don't even know when you're doing it, or your fricks have flown the nest. I'm honestly not sure anymore.
  • So how about that idea to repurpose wildnodes?
  • I'm not sure why such a fuss is coming out of this. Talan has the right idea and I think both sides are missing what is being said. So from the outside looking in this is just a silly mess of miscommunication or just not reading something in the same context as the person sending it. From what I understand Ciaran doesn't just go attacking random people that aren't fighters and usually does prefer people to actually be there.

I'm not taking sides, because I know personally I'd be frustrated and crabby too when you constantly have a bad time because of numbers advantage or such and such is OP, you get my point (hopefully). The wargames really was for a more 'balanced' setup, even the ones I hosted in Hallifax for people to join. If you think Ciaran is just being a taunting asshole, that's your own perception. Hell I know Talan and I don't get along for the most part (mainly IC) but I'm not going to go gripe about it (much) and just move on.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It's easy to think someone isn't causing too much trouble, if you're not the one they're causing trouble for.
    Ciaran said:

I send tells to common fighters asking if they're down to fight.  If they say no there are no defenders, go away, I go away.

Also, more people need to realise this. I'm as guilty as any other, so I can't complain too much.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Shedrin said:
    There's a pit report pending, otherwise I might have used my slot this month on that. I do think being able to have the entire game pitted is bad.
    Said report went really badly, so if you can gather the support I never got, feel free to resubmit something more likely to succeed.
  • Ciaran's market tell sounded like "Save the forests" so people would kill eachother and not burn down glom :(
    Your numbers today are:
    Rivius said:
    Shedrin said:
    There's a pit report pending, otherwise I might have used my slot this month on that. I do think being able to have the entire game pitted is bad.
    Said report went really badly, so if you can gather the support I never got, feel free to resubmit something more likely to succeed.
    Could always try a report with solutions that don't boil down to "I want to be able to easily put down traps whenever I go raiding".  For example, you never tried "If you're going to use the free-comm option, make it take 10s balance per trap laid" (may be excessive, just throwing it out) with the ability to use comms for the normal/quick option.  As I recall, all the options in that report were either "Make it really easy to pick traps up so I can put mine down" or "just destroy them so there are no traps in my way and I can go right on ahead!"

The issue isn't with removing traps, it's with how easy they are to lay all over the place when they cost nothing-- making it easier to remove just makes it easier to plop your free ones down in their place.
This discussion has been closed.