Simple Ideas

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Talan said:
    Make the magic-item curios (the enchantable ones) wearable.
    And let us attach jewellery curios to them, because they are enchantable with jewellery enchantments.
  • edited September 2016
    Please allow appraise to utilize your own potionlist skill when you look at someone's inventory. This'll make it a lot easier to see if they're carrying the cures they should have for guild advancement.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Kiradawea said:
    Please allow appraise to utilize your own potionlist skill when you look at someone's inventory. This'll make it a lot easier to see if they're carrying the cures they should have for guild advancement.
    I don't remember which guild ranks get, guild rift <player>. But that gives liquid and herb rifts

• Undersec gives the guild rift command
  • Does it work on covenant guilds?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Kiradawea said:
    Does it work on covenant guilds?
    yep!

• Sondayga said:
    Kiradawea said:
    yep!

Up to Grank 10 right?
  • Veyils said:
    Sondayga said:
    Kiradawea said:
    yep!

Up to Grank 10 right?
    should be 19

• These things tend to be "up to and including your own rank".
  • edited September 2016
    Could we have a favour queue command?

Everyone who can favour would be able to use the queue for their org/guild. You would be able to add names and reasons, and then like... *favour queue (optional:<name>) or whatever would either favour the next person in the queue or the named player if you want to specify who you're favouring, which would also remove them from the queue. 

Just a QOL thing to reduce... well...

2016/09/12 00:01:26 - Lendren communefavoured Sylari for: Revolt. Still needed: Urfa x2, Naqqara x2, Thorton x3, Sylari, Amuril, Allixea, Elle, Gartinua, and Khir.

2016/09/12 00:03:35 - Kay communefavoured Amuril for: Second favour from revolt!

2016/09/12 00:05:04 - Torgaddon communefavoured Urfa for: for Revolt. Still needed: Urfa, Naqqara x2, Thorton x3, Sylari, Allixea, Elle, Gartinua, and Khir.

2016/09/12 01:40:29 - Aramel communefavoured Naqqara for: revolt and other things. Still needed: Thorton x3, Naqqara, Sylari, Allixea, Elle, Gartinua, and Khir.

2016/09/12 05:37:00 - Calor communefavoured Naqqara for: revolt.

2016/09/12 06:31:32 - Saran communefavoured Sylari for: Revolt. Remaining Allixea, Elle, Gartinua, and Khir.

Edit: Oh, the guild version might want a rank restriction option unless their "strengths" are/have been normalised. So there's no accidental gr5 favour that should have been a leader favour.

Edit2: Another thing that could be cool is like... if people above a certain rank but who can't favour yet could use the system to nominate people for favours (could either be that they can just add and someone else confirms it by favouring or something more complicated)

• Sondayga said:
    Veyils said:
    Sondayga said:
    Kiradawea said:
    yep!

Up to Grank 10 right?
    should be 19
    Guild perve skills don't work as well on covenant members as direct guild members

• Mardella said:
    Sondayga said:
    Veyils said:
    Sondayga said:
    Kiradawea said:
    yep!

Up to Grank 10 right?
    should be 19
    Guild perve skills don't work as well on covenant members as direct guild members

It might be were I'm GA. But I can spy on rank 19 moondancers

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Pretty sure you're only supposed to be able to do it top covenant members below guild rank 5.

• I don't know -if- this can be ever implemented but the way I see it upkeeping two or three Karma Blessings is quite a discouragement for one to roleplay for many hours. I'd appreciate if there was a way to reduce the cost, if not pause that system during one's RP sessions. I still value my RP over than to bash,bash,bash for the little benefits of karma. But my hindbrain seems to always worry about those, somehow.
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • Just forget about karma, the blessings are only minor. If you have them great if not just don't worry about it.

• I rarely maintain more than one karma blessing, since they tend to be situational. When I do have two, it's because Xiran's influencing or doing small quests, gaining both karma and esteem. There's usually enough of a buffer that I can ignore it while roleplaying or doing other things. I have let blessings go out when there's something fun going on.
    Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

• Insanity is annoying as all get-out and kinda actively discourages you from interacting with people and being out in the world, in a large part due to the immersion-breaking silly emotes. 

Two ideas, either/or:

1. Give us a CONFIG option to toggle insanity "flavor" on or off. On would be as-is. Off would not make you do emotes, receive fake tells, etc but would still command block. You would get a generic message, ala "Your muddled mind hinders your actions."

2. Have insanity tick down quicker when people are active OFF the astral plane. Bashing, influencing, emoting, crafting, etc - basically, don't encourage people to just go sit in a manse, and instead reward them for being active.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Breandryn said:
    Insanity is annoying as all get-out and kinda actively discourages you from interacting with people and being out in the world, in a large part due to the immersion-breaking silly emotes. 

Two ideas, either/or:

1. Give us a CONFIG option to toggle insanity "flavor" on or off. On would be as-is. Off would not make you do emotes, receive fake tells, etc but would still command block. You would get a generic message, ala "Your muddled mind hinders your actions."

2. Have insanity tick down quicker when people are active OFF the astral plane. Bashing, influencing, emoting, crafting, etc - basically, don't encourage people to just go sit in a manse, and instead reward them for being active.
    I don't believe it's immersion breaking at all - you just spent a significant amount of time on the Astral plane and you're seeing things, and need to recover. It's a simple, understandable explanation. 

#2 defeats the purpose of having insanity in the first place. Insanity was introduced to stop people from bashing on astral all the time (best xp in the game is a good astral bash). Being able to remove it quicker is a direct contradiction to that intent. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I agree entirely with Synkarin. If you could cycle between solo-linking a node and running down to clear all the tunnel trash in the Undervault, I don't think I could think of a better way to grind out essence. My kids wouldn't see me for years, and don't even think about all the power that could go into the nexus if it was a guardian's Link ability. I like the concept of rewarding people for being active, @Breandryn and discouraging them from feeling like they have to sit in a manse or quietly somewhere to recover, but people are pretty laissez-faire about insanity, and will often joke with you about them, which can start interactions with other people who are used to Astral and even net you new hunting buddies.

Unfortunately the fact that even I could figure out the first situation means that there's someone out there who could (note I'm not saying would) figure out a way to min/max the time:gain ratio of Astral and non/Astral in a way that would not be fair to the rest of the playerbase and would not be in line with Estarra's plan.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited September 2016
    I'm not saying that insanity is immersion breaking. I'm saying that mooning people and whatnot is. I'm not saying remove insanity, at all - I'm saying it would be nice if we could get an optional reskin of the affliction, so we can RP without randomly spouting out weird emotes. Nobody RP's off the emotes you are made to do, as they just go "Oh, she's insane" and politely ignore it. A generic message would be less spammy and wacky, while still reinforcing that you are "insane."

I've found the nodes are much more of a limiter than insanity. I can bash indefinitely while highly neurotic, especially in a group. I remember @CyndarinAscends posted a month or so ago saying similar. Does it eventually kill you? If so, ahhhh. I haven't seen it do anything more than just be annoying, after a few hours.
  • There are stages past highly neurotic, each with increased command denial. To the point of your commands will literally fail 99% of the time and you will accumulate mental affs passively. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Breandryn said:
    I'm not saying that insanity is immersion breaking. I'm saying that mooning people and whatnot is. I'm not saying remove insanity, at all - I'm saying it would be nice if we could get an optional reskin of the affliction, so we can RP without randomly spouting out weird emotes. Nobody RP's off the emotes you are made to do, as they just go "Oh, she's insane" and politely ignore it. A generic message would be less spammy and wacky, while still reinforcing that you are "insane."

I've found the nodes are much more of a limiter than insanity. I can bash indefinitely while highly neurotic, especially in a group. I remember @CyndarinAscends posted a month or so ago saying similar. Does it eventually kill you? If so, ahhhh. I haven't seen it do anything more than just be annoying, after a few hours.
    Can you bash indefinitely when you are 'stark-raving mad'? Highly neurotic is not the highest level of insanity you can achieve. 

And again, I don't think random mooning emotes from insanity are immersion breaking.  I've certainly seen RP off insanity emotes, I've seen RP off insanity tells. It doesn't happen 100% of the time, but it happens. It can be quite fun to see someone serious and stoic bust out a gleeful, childish emote at times and play off it.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • If people politely ignore it why remove it? I'm sure if astral insanity happened IRL we'd love a toggle for it too, but it wouldn't happen. A toggle for it would be very nitpicky, just say "Oops, pardon my insanity." and move on.
    Your numbers today are:
  • edited September 2016
    Yep its part of the lore already. 

You just need to learn to roleplay  with it @Breandryn

Your crazy :dizzy:

I know its not much but the other day when I was mad from the astral nodes event I was watching a play and basically muttering to myself and exclaiming every now and then and everyone else was just sort of whispering eg"Ohh shes just quite mad from the war don't pay her any mind she dosn't mean any harm," 

Sort of felt like one of the crazy vets in the movies who keeps muttering but everyone just sort of puts up with them because!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Not everyone.  I was also nuts!  Pair of crazy EG leaders in attendance, don't mind us.
  • edited September 2016
    I'm not saying remove insanity. I just think the emotes are spammy and intrusive. I can roleplay a much more engaging and in-depth insane experience via my own emotes vs randomly mooning the room or shrieking stuff. If there was a generic option, that would make it a lot easier for us to roleplay out our own "flavors" of insanity - maybe Xenthos hears the wyrd itself talking to him, while Veyils keeps seeing the trees smiling at her with yellowed wolf fangs.

And this would just be an option, not a change, so everyone who likes the emotes could keep that.
  • Breandryn said:
    I'm not saying remove insanity. I just think the emotes are spammy and intrusive. I can roleplay a much more engaging and in-depth insane experience via my own emotes vs randomly mooning the room or shrieking stuff. If there was a generic option, that would make it a lot easier for us to roleplay out our own "flavors" of insanity - maybe Xenthos hears the wyrd itself talking to him, while Veyils keeps seeing the trees smiling at her with yellowed wolf fangs.

And this would just be an option, not a change, so everyone who likes the emotes could keep that.

But if you did all the emotes yourself you'd have control of it. The aspect of true insanity and mental ticks is that you cant control them.

Like I do like the idea of more personalized messages, says and tells heard from people you know are more likely that strangers and such but the random verbal ticks and emotes you do simply must stay.

Removing the ticks would mean its not insanity just hallucinations and well we already have hallucinations as a separate thing to insanity. Personally I'd love to see more variety in the forced actions than just emotes like I'll randomly say give me your hat!! to a random person but well that seems like a lot of work :/
  • But Synkarin said just above that the point of insanity is to limit astral bashing lengths. The messages are just flavor, and not everyone likes that flavor.
  • For every one of you who would take the effort to do your own insanity emotes there are ninety-nine of us who would just toggle them off and forget about it entirely.