Simple Ideas

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Luce said:
    The idea that there was an optional parameter to limit results wasn't really brought up or suggested. Maligorn posted the full output and didn't know the parameter could be used, Veyils pointed out Mudlet's built-in search/highlighting, Falmiis made his comment (and also didn't know before this thread about the optional parameter), Saran suggested an expansion/loosening of the DIPLOMACY command, then you posted that.

That is the entirety of the exchanges between the posting of the output and your post, inclusive. You may have meant it to be an innocent suggestion or query, but it came off as an implication that the peasants were complaining about having to use a tool they didn't know they had. You have now been called out on that. Mea culpa and be done with it.

Xenthos said:
    Yeah, I also am not seeing where you're getting backhanded insults from.  It is a serious question, and got the answer "I didn't know" (which is valid).  Now you do!
    You mean like that?  I posted that before you even showed up.  Heck, you even replied to it. ;)
  • I just quoted where you were being condescending for no reason, but okay, our bad.
    Falmiis said:
    I just quoted where you were being condescending for no reason, but okay, our bad.
    Well, that actually makes more sense.  It can definitely be read as being condescending.

The "backhanded insult" thing threw me for a loop, though.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I was to explain how and why it was not the content of the post that was an issue, but the tone. If it was intended to be an innocent query it was poorly phrased. That's where the idea of backhanded insults came from. A tacit refusal to admit that the post was poorly phrased seems to lend itself to the idea that the intent was inflammatory, though, and that you are fully aware of the tone, so I'm not going to nag you for manners like you're an errant first-grader.
    Really, that's not what Google tells me a backhanded insult is.  It claims that it is "A compliment couched in the form or tone of an insult" (the reverse of a backhanded compliment).  Is this really the term you're trying to use?  Like I said, I can see how it could be read as condescending.  I'm lost on this whole backhanded insult thing.
  • edited September 2016
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Breandryn said:
    Xenthos said:
    (Tip: Lusternia does, too.)
    I wasn't aware. I was just saying it exists in other games, since he was bringing it up as an idea and the examples being given had to do with parsing enemy lists.
    I'm not sure who else has the permissions for it, (I know Ambassador does, not sure who else if any) but it definitely exists and is useful for dealing with more recent enemy statuses (old ones have no record of why enemied) and being able to just assign a fine for someone when they're offline so you don't have to wait around to confirm, etc.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Hit 'Like' if you're surprised or amused (because we probably shouldn't be surprised) that this argument has gone across more than one page?
  • I realize that this may not be a particularly simple idea, but would it be possible to someday be able to send a message to several people at once? Or to be able to CC people on a message? It would make organizing large groups of people a little simpler and less tedious, and everyone involved could be sure they were all on the same page as each other. If the messaging system isn't really coded to work like this, though, I understand.
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Would have to take a massive eq loss for sending to several people at once, I think.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Why?  The eq-loss is to prevent you from just spamming messages into the system iirc.  I guess it would be an issue if you made a message-group of 20+ people and just kept messaging them, but in general it seems like it would be more of a convenience thing (and the eq loss would not need to be any longer than it currently is).
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Because I want people to SUFFER!  :D Idk, it might cause some system lag or something. But yes, you're correct Xenthos. It'd be nice to have some qol change for messages as well. :p 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Aetolia has MMSG which lets you message up to 10 people at once. It's really useful, especially if you are in leadership.
  • Could 'case' be added as an alias for briefcases?
  • Can GNT be configured to transmit everywhere, regardless of skills? It's not very helpful that we can't assist newbies while aetherhunting.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    CGT already does that.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Which suggests GNT probably should as well.
  • I would like this to be the case as well. Just the other day I had someone asking questions on GNT, and I didn't hear them because I was on a different continent.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Could we have something, maybe an artisan ability which marks a room as an office? 
    I mostly just want some ability to check things that require you to be in the council room from elsewhere.

Maybe you can tag the room if it has a chair and a desk in it?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    No, Saran. You have to come out of your manse sometimes.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • true, and I'm trying.

But it's also because I was thinking about suggesting we construct ministry offices so it would be nice if they could do their work there.

It's also making me think about other ways artisans could feng shui rooms to provide benefits.
  • Cause I don't want to pay 50 lessons every time and can't afford the artifact >_>.

Would it be possible/cool for the melding and chemwood specs to be something you can switch between rather than something you flex?

So like a hartstone could use a command (out of combat of course) which switches them between druidry and wildewood. They'd still need to learn both, it wouldn't reset their defences (except those related to the specs themselves). 

Mostly wanting it so if I need to meld I can do that, if I don't then I can be a Wildewood instead.
  • Not sure about that I mean I would love to beable to switch between tracking and night for no cost either but I'm not seeing them just giving it to me.
    Saran said:
    Cause I don't want to pay 50 lessons every time and can't afford the artifact >_>.

Would it be possible/cool for the melding and chemwood specs to be something you can switch between rather than something you flex?

So like a hartstone could use a command (out of combat of course) which switches them between druidry and wildewood. They'd still need to learn both, it wouldn't reset their defences (except those related to the specs themselves). 

Mostly wanting it so if I need to meld I can do that, if I don't then I can be a Wildewood instead.
    The Doctoral Cord artifact is designed for exactly this.  That is pretty much the definition of Lusternia's skillflex.  Also, what makes chem/wood & melding any more special than, say, Night/Crow or Moon/Stag?  Doing one would mean demands for more.

The defenses-not-dropping thing will be available to everyone Some Day, once everything is moved over into a single def database instead of the hodgepodge it has traditionally been (no idea how far along this is, but they're definitely not going to try to ram it in for just a handful of skillsets when the goal is to do it for everyone).
  • Veyils said:
    Not sure about that I mean I would love to beable to switch between tracking and night for no cost either but I'm not seeing them just giving it to me.
    The main reason behind the suggestion is that Woods/chems were implemented following complaints that having more than one melder is redundant.

When I'm a Wildewood I might need to switch because we really need a melder, when I'm a melder that might not be needed because another melder is taking care of it so it could be better to be a Wildewood.

A warrior can still use their weapons, as far as I understand both Night and Tracking would still be usable in combat. I guess I see them more as a mode change? Maybe more like lycanthropy or I think the dragon stuff in Achaea?
    But you could easily make an argument that switching weapon specs is a mode change.  Same with totem specs.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    It doesn't really matter - @Saran already has this option, he just doesn't want to shell out the credits for the cord or the lessons without the cord. 

Sorry buddy, you're stuck with the rest of us. Either buy a cord or use your lessons.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I really just want them to finish the defence overhaul so that flexing does not make you lose all defs, only the ones for the skillset you dropped.