Simple Ideas

Comments

• edited October 2016

Yea its a bit different and a bit more complicated from aetolia, aetolia is you just have to learn 3 new class skills when you pick up a class no matter what. Here as a bonecrusher/athletics/night warrior if I want to say become a serenguard. All I need to do is drop night and pick up lets say moon. So thats , one not even full skill to replace. Or if I want to become a shadowdancer I've already got night so I just need to learn wicca and lets say healing so two.

So I guess depending on which class you pick to flex in lusty you could save a few thousand lessons vs doing something similar in aetolia but then then swapping back and forwards between classes in Lusty is way way more expensive that constantly swapping back and forward in Aetolia.

• @Veylis it's interesting, even though Aet would make you relearn a skill even if you have it on a different class once artifacts are factored in they are cheaper than us slightly for five classes.

I threw together a sheet and it looks like having all five classes in an orgwould cost ~ 4k credits which is like 6k if you factor in the Tam.
    Aet's like 4.9k for five classes and their arti is 750 credits so like 5.6k ish minus 300 if you include lycans as one of the five classes.

Of course, then there's considerations of the systems themselves, like our delays on switching being much higher but our ability to make choices within our classes. An aetolian might not feel as much of a need for their artifact though from an outsiders perspective of their system given what they get as a base.

For us of course, new classes also mean opportunities to spend more than that minimum amount of lessons.
    If you wanted everything your org has though it'd be like 7.5k credits, going up to 9.5k with the tam. Could go up a little more if you want both high and low magic but this was done with the assumption of only one. Then there's the legendary last archetype, requests for more terts, the possibility of new warrior primaries or maybe even new primaries for other archetypes. 
  • I changed class in Aetolia every hour, sometimes.
  • If it were free and every hour I could entirely see people switching to their "bashing class" and then back again when they're done
  • edited October 2016
    Oh, can mages/druids/wiccans/guardians get like craftable implements? I don't mind paying gold if I can have a moon staff... or a moon orb... oooh a moon chalice. Maybe an artisan thing?

EDIT: With all crafted things, they would have to be mundane. Stuff like a druid implement that is still living/growing would be a customisation.
  • Breandryn said:
    So what's you're saying that that I should have kept those sweet Blacktalon skills in sekret.

I wasn't asking about guild swaps, really, just was using that as an example of shared skillsets to reply to Synkarin's question with one of my own.
    No you, we could tell. And would have kept a bounty on you.  x(

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• I'm in two minds about whether this matters, but I'll raise it anyway:

Versalean currently looks like 'a naked fool'. But he's a tree. Trees are supposed to be naked, and do not look foolish when naked amirite? So I'm kinda wondering if this bottom rank shouldn't be knocked off for -woods.

Much love.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tylwyth said:
    Breandryn said:
    So what's you're saying that that I should have kept those sweet Blacktalon skills in sekret.

I wasn't asking about guild swaps, really, just was using that as an example of shared skillsets to reply to Synkarin's question with one of my own.
    No you, we could tell. And would have kept a bounty on you.  x(

Actually, you couldn't have, nor could you tell unless she switch to it, and she couldn't have switched to it without your guild's permission. So unless she had kept it active, the instant she deactivated it to learn something else (like Stag), it would have been useless and unuseable.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • It would be really helpful if we could view the AB files for all skills. Show them as greyed out if you don't possess the skill. This would help both established players (do I want to flex? Let's see what the skills look like), midbies (how close am I to the next skill?) and newbies (at the least, other players can look at their skillset and help them). 
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    A message line for when your beast fails to gust your target out of the room.

Thanks to Talan for reminding me about this one.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• These spring candies/aethergoop candies need to be able to be sold in shops! I thought everybody was just hoarding their goop, but apparently they have to be crafted to a specific person? Nonsense. Do them like books/furniture/artifacts where they become owned once purchased.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Talan said:
    These spring candies/aethergoop candies need to be able to be sold in shops! I thought everybody was just hoarding their goop, but apparently they have to be crafted to a specific person? Nonsense. Do them like books/furniture/artifacts where they become owned once purchased.
    Also with a lower goop cost.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited October 2016
    Org mobs for affliction training and system testing. TELL <mob> AFFLICT <x> and they do it, giving you the aff and showing the attack message. 
    But there are multiple ways to get single affs.
  • Have them specify the skill, then, if you like. It's more about getting the aff message for testing. Since there is no server-side curing, it's very helpful for people to be able to test system building and tweaking.

The idea isn't that revolutionary. Guild tutors do it in other IREs.
  • The next best thing would be to use the ECHO command, and echo back the line that you get. Just replace your relevant "send()" function calls with some echo's or something.

• Yeah, I use echoes during debugging a lot, but if you're checking something like aeon, which causes an actual effect, it's really helpful to have it on you.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    STABLE FILL <beast> FEEDBAG WITH <feed>
    STABLE REMOVE <beast> WITH <feed>
    SUMMON <beast> WITH <feed>
  • Perma  true time enchantment, artifact time watch, to save you having to keep reapplying it.
  • You should be able to join a guild by asking the relevant Collegium Professor, no matter how "experienced" you are. Perhaps have a gold bounty, or some sort of mini-quest to do so, for those of a higher level or something...

I've been trying to switch guilds for a week now, and unfortunately no one's been around (at least at the same time as I am). Grr!

• Havastus said:
    You should be able to join a guild by asking the relevant Collegium Professor, no matter how "experienced" you are. Perhaps have a gold bounty, or some sort of mini-quest to do so, for those of a higher level or something...

I've been trying to switch guilds for a week now, and unfortunately no one's been around (at least at the same time as I am). Grr!
    I think the guild overhaul is going to address this, whenever it's finished.
  • I hope so. In the mean time, it would be good to have SOME way to deal with being in guild-limbo...

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Custom poses, please.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• And pose items pleaaaaaase. Item poses is such an easy way for us to be creative and locations momentarily special/changed for rp or org events.
  • Poses are not just a good way to enhance current RP scenes, I just want to point out. When they got introduced in Aetolia, public RP went up a TON as a custom pose basically became an invitation for people to come up and RP with you. I've noticed that RP in Lusty is often more of a private thing, and encouraging spontaneous RP encounters definitely does help get new people hooked on the game. So, it's not just a cosmetic change but one that can quietly help improve retention.