Simple Ideas

Comments

• Is there any way arena spars and events like wargames could be retooled so you don't lose defences when you die in them? I know that I'd personally spar a lot more if I didn't lose power/resources/comms each loss.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Put them up in the arena, then you don't lose the power/resources/comms you spent.
  • Enyalida said:
    Just gonna say: From experience in trying to get class weapons - druid weapons in particular - changed to be specific to each spec and more interesting, it's a surer bet if there is a mechanical change that goes alongside it. We've long had some redesigns for cudgels that keep the basic shape intact but dramatically change the flavour and attacks of each to match Crow and Hart (and BT/HS) flavor but have been told that it wasn't going to happen unless the cudgels themselves changed due to a report or an event. 

In other words, make some idea up for (slightly?) changing the underlying mechanics and push for scythes or w/e. Change Wyrdenwood Noose (which is lowkey broken anyways) to a scythe!
    Wouldn't the report be to add in patterns in one or more trades to create the implements (artisan would be my choice) and then modify the relative skills (staff, talisman, etc) so that they imbue/bless/desecrate the implement and bond it to you?

It could be a minor gold sink as well as the side bonus of allowing us to make some of the tools people like to use in rituals, Because of the new variety of implements available, a decent amount of lines would need to change (I think there's at least one cudgel one that is a static line) which could mean adding in some differentiation.

I think I didn't end up posting it, the idea was that "implements" would be a group of craftables like "accessories" in tailoring with an extra "skill" field.
    So the Scythe pattern might have Crow and Night in the skill field, which would be checked as part of the aforementioned imbue/bless/desecrate and if you don't have one of the skills then it fails. Athames would have Wicca, Researcher tools would have "Harmonics", Cudgels would have "Druidry", Staffs would be blank, etc
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Staves would need to be Elementalism, wouldn't it?
  • edited November 2016
    Luce said:
    Staves would need to be Elementalism, wouldn't it?
    Cudgels actually also identify as staff, it's why I was able to have mine customised into one. And if everyone can have one then Celestines can have this....

I guess I just see staff as the really generic caster tool, but at the least I guess druidry or elementalism.

Other implements could be Wands, Swords and Shields might also be an appropriate Celestine tool, Books, Chalices(they're a MD thing too from memory), Daggers/Athames, Talismans, Poi. 

All likely within the appropriate trade, but they're all just implements not whatever else the design is. For example, implement books wouldn't be able to be written in and would decay, Forged ones wouldn't have weapon stats.
  • Another previous request, but could envoy reports be changed so that either everyone can read them, or at least if you have the skill (dormant or flexed), you can read the report? 

I wanna at least be able read the ones that might directly affect me. :P
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Everyone can read a report once it's finalized. Guild members can read their envoys reports whenever. All reports automatically finalized on the 15th and are automatically submitted on the 1st.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    Everyone can read a report once it's finalized. Guild members can read their envoys reports whenever. All reports automatically finalized on the 15th and are automatically submitted on the 1st.
    Hrm, the word pending must have been edited out at some point. I am aware, however, with classflexing not everyone is in the guild that matches their current skills and it's not always your guild that's envoying a change to abilities you have access to. 

They're up for discussion and I doubt people wouldn't be told if they bugged an envoy about it, the only difference most likely would be that people don't need to ask their envoys about other guilds reports and maybe someone reading a report might come up with a suggestion they can send to their envoy before the report is finalised. So the only people locked out by the current limitations are people who have difficulty reaching an envoy.

At the moment I'm curious about 1041, 1490, 1549, and 1555. Last month there were two, 1513 in august had me curious, four in june... the point has probably been made now. Even only counting one class and considering myself in the right guild the majority of skills are shared with other guilds and some reports are about general skills. Also like guilds are going at some point, so having an alternate way to determine visibility of pending reports might be nice.
    I understand what you're saying loud and clear, but you still have at a minimum, 15 days to read every report that is finalized. If it's not finalized by the 15th, it can't be finalized until next month's cycle. 

I personally don't care if everyone can read every report. I'm just telling you what you can do.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You can also just ask envoys to tell you about their report. The point of being able to mark things pending is to solicit comments and input of envoys, not necessarily to lock in a finalized report (that's what 'finalized' is for).

It's useful to have a way to float trial balloons and unfinished ideas to envoys at large without receiving full public commentary on something the envoy might not yet be committed to. It would be nice if there was a 'public' flag that could be applied voluntarily to reports to allow them to be read by anyone, but perhaps not nice enough to warrant a change. 
  • Tbh I'd rather everyone can see pending reports because it can be a bit annoying being asked by people to pastebin them reports every day.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Also seeing them when they're submitted is a little late. For example I'm sat looking at the traps report and thinking "So how will springtraps work now?"

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Also most envoys just copy pasting the reports for people to read anyway.

edited November 2016
    Karlach said:
    Also seeing them when they're submitted is a little late. For example I'm sat looking at the traps report and thinking "So how will springtraps work now?"
    You have over two weeks to see and read the report before it's submitted.....

And springs will work the same way, just one per room

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Enyalida said:
    You can also just ask envoys to tell you about their report. The point of being able to mark things pending is to solicit comments and input of envoys, not necessarily to lock in a finalized report (that's what 'finalized' is for).

It's useful to have a way to float trial balloons and unfinished ideas to envoys at large without receiving full public commentary on something the envoy might not yet be committed to. It would be nice if there was a 'public' flag that could be applied voluntarily to reports to allow them to be read by anyone, but perhaps not nice enough to warrant a change. 
    The first sentence is kinda at odds with the rest.

As you and Veylis have said, people can and do just ask their envoys to pastebin the whole thing (as Falmiis said).
    If the culture around it was different and envoys weren't doing this then it'd be different, but right now the only difference is I need to go through Ymuli for the first half of the month.

It's really unlikely to change anything other than stopping the pastebin requests.
  • where do you read reports?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited November 2016
    @Tylwyth, You can do "report list" to see all the ones for this month and report <number> to see the specific report. There also more commands to go back to previous months, all the reports from a guild or about a skill, what's approved (but not in the game), and so on.
  • oh, that is neat! 
    simple idea->Help reports file
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Currently, the slivvener on an aetherhunt puts in more effort than many other crewmembers but gains less XP as a result. A portable slivvening module of some kind would be nice :)
  • Also! Falcata as a noun for Blademaster weapons. I'd be eternally grateful :smiley:
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'm not sure about most effort, especially now most people can kill their own. I would go for some form of residual credit for 30 seconds after being locked in.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Karlach said:
    I'm not sure about most effort, especially now most people can kill their own. I would go for some form of residual credit for 30 seconds after being locked in.
    I meant comparatively more than people sitting on turrets and collectors.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited November 2016
    I wish that they would fix these forums on mobile so that they actually post what you typed, not something completely different.

The original text read something like:
    I hope the people sitting on turrets are actually shooting.  Otherwise, you are not aetherhunting correctly.

PS: You can kill slivvens while locked into a module.  Just sip health if you are not able to out-regen a slivven's damage.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    For a long balance:

CROWSNEST FEED <amount>
    CROWNEST STORE XYZ/ALL CORPSES

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Can we get the TK clot affs to be spelled out like the rest of the limb affs (clotrightarm instead of clot_rarm)?

Also for candies, can the split command take in two numbers that decide the grouping instead of the even split? ie CANDY SPLIT <candy> INTO <number of candies in group1> <number of candies in group2>

• Siam said:
    For a long balance:

CROWSNEST FEED <amount>

There was a time we could CROWSNEST FEED off balance and it just increased the recovery time. Not sure why that was removed.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Crek said:
    Siam said:
    For a long balance:

CROWSNEST FEED <amount>

There was a time we could CROWSNEST FEED off balance and it just increased the recovery time. Not sure why that was removed.
    Because I kinda perma-offbalanced myself with it and had to issue myself to get help >.>
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Crek said:
    Siam said:
    For a long balance:

CROWSNEST FEED <amount>

Because I kinda perma-offbalanced myself with it and had to issue myself to get help >.>
    I no longer love you, Shaddus.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Crek said:
    Siam said:
    For a long balance:

CROWSNEST FEED <amount>

It can require not take balance and have its own cooldown as well. Pretty please, @Iosai?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• When you're at a desk and try to write a letter, automatically check if there's a chair there and sit on it, instead of having to sit on the chair first and then write the letter. Or, alternatively, allow us to write letters standing up at a desk.

If the first, automatically stand up when you finish writing a letter.