Simple Ideas

Comments

• Cause lazy, could the orgbix rooms get an object that you can touch to teleport to outside your guildhall?
  • Saran said:
    Cause lazy, could the orgbix rooms get an object that you can touch to teleport to outside your guildhall?
    Mine just so happens to have an exit to my guild hall already.
  • edited November 2016
    Veyils said:
    Saran said:
    Cause lazy, could the orgbix rooms get an object that you can touch to teleport to outside your guildhall?
    Mine just so happens to have an exit to my guild hall already.
    Ours has an exit two spaces from the Moondancers (cause it's our essence converter) and like five from the back entrance to the Hartstone(due to the chem/wood event). Teleport collegium is the fastest way to the Spiritsingers, while the Serenguard and Shofangi are probably both closer to the nexus. It's entirely a convenience thing though, but would be nice. tbh, it could just be another level as my suggestion is intended for it to just go to the entrance of the hall but suggested the object if people didn't want five extra exits for everyone.
  • Not sure if it'd need to be envoyed, but could the "miniatures" stuff from each trade be an item.
    Artisan, cooking, forging, jewelry, and tailoring make sellable items. Maybe alchemy could make minibaths that you can use to coat them in quicksilver, bookbinders could scribe spelltags you can attach, herbs could make a minipouch full of herbs, and poisons could make a miniphial that gives them the breath attack.

Mostly just want to stock all of the figurine things >_>
  • Synkarin said:
    Can we make curio pieces trade-able for credits since we can no longer rub them for coins?
    I would love this so so so so so so so much. Could even toss in being able to trade it for gold (yes, I know the two are technically interchangable, but gold instead of credits are more scalable; you can't trade a curio piece for half a credit, after all).
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'm down with gold too

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • It's way more complicated but what I'd kinda like is to actually take design creation away from cartels.

Instead, we would have design books. Owning one allows you to create and submit sketches like the normal process. Perhaps with some option to extend the number of slots (maybe just through buying another book) and the trades (again either through an upgrade or another book).

You'd always have access to everything in your design book, but you could also choose to make the design available to a cartel or revoke that access. The public option would also be available, but that would be a permanent choice and remove it from your book.

This way, the designer would, almost, always retain control of their designs. If you don't have access to the cartel they're assigned to any more you can just reassign the rights to the design to another one.

The only time they wouldn't have control would be if someone else submitted the design for you, but this could be resolved in the long term by building in an ability to transfer designs.

Cartels would become a place that crafters can access designs from a variety of designers, maybe without the limitations on craft type. Could also have an option for a designer to permanently transfer a design to the cartel though it seems like that would be rare except for org cartels.

I'd love it partially because there are issues with the current system that have been mentioned and others that are also pretty frustrating.
    Plus, I'd expect the books would be resetting and if you're holding one you can craft any design attached to it so you could potentially hand the book to someone to get them to craft something for you rather than juggling clan slots.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Simple idea inspired by recent threads.

Is it possible to filter designs by PUBLIC when browsing? Sometimes I'm trying to figure out what designs are lacking, but I have to parse through the cartel-specific ones in the list to see how many are public. Would be nice to see this list by itself.

Ie, BOOKBINDING ACTIONORIGAMI PUBLIC. Or something. Thank you!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    BOOKBINDING ACTIONORIGAMI CARTEL PUBLIC ought to do that for you.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    !!! I knew I e-married you for a reason. <3
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Wonder if that means you e-gat your kids.
  • Daraius said:
    Also BOOKBINDING ACTIONORIGAMI CARTEL -PUBLIC for only cartel designs, which can be very handy. Lots of similar tricks in HELP DESIGNSEARCH.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Breandryn said:
    New bookbinder item: notepads (which they can design!)

Each notepad comes with 10 (?) sheets. Writing on a notepad is a single command (you do NOT enter the editor) with a fun 3rd person message. You can remove a sheet from the notepad to give to others or litter or whatever. This would be fun for roleplay, handing off short notes, jotting down information, etc.

EXAMPLE:

WRITE NOTEPAD This is a note.

You quickly scribble a note in <short_desc for notepad>.

GET SHEET/PAPER FROM NOTEPAD

You peel off a piece of paper from <short_desc>.

IN ACTION:

Breandryn smiles and says, "Hi Newbie, here's a task!"

Newbie newbily says, "Ok! Yay tasks! Oh no, I already forgot!"

Breandryn winks, saying, "No problemo!"

Breandryn quickly scribbles something on a sugar-scented notepad.

Breandryn peels off a sheet from her notepad.

Breandryn gives Newbie a sheet of sugar-scented notepad paper.

Read paper/sheet:
    You read what is written on a sheet of sugar-scented notepad paper:
    Hi Newbie! Go learn how to do your task and have fun being a newbie. - From Breandryn

Could throw in some quills that are designable, making you carry a quill (maybe having normal quill wear out after a certain number of uses) and ink to write on these. Artifact quills of course would need only the notepad to write. Would totally love that, with our without quill additions.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Maligorn said:
    For the literary books that you submit for publishing and prestige: pen names or the ability to be anonymous! Yesss.
    Yes! I requested this years ago and still want it! How are all the Hallifaxians supposed to publish their trashy novellas without a pseudonym to hide behind?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Phoebus said:
    Maligorn said:
    For the literary books that you submit for publishing and prestige: pen names or the ability to be anonymous! Yesss.
    Yes! I requested this years ago and still want it! How are all the Hallifaxians supposed to publish their trashy novellas without a pseudonym to hide behind?

There's a workaround now that's kind of occasionally adequate. You can bind books for clan, and the clan will be listed as the author. Admin told me that you shouldn't use this to impersonate people or NPCs (so no real pen names) but you can still anonymize it. Could get something like "Clever Innuendo, by the Covert Union of Hallifax Smutmongers"
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Maligorn said:
    Portius and I have often talked about wanting to be able to publish under another name for RP reasons but selfishly wanting the actual mechanical credit for books for ourselves.  I would love to have a way to set up a pen name, for sure.
  • Maligorn said:
    Would be fun 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Zitto said:
    Maligorn said:
    Portius and I have often talked about wanting to be able to publish under another name for RP reasons but selfishly wanting the actual mechanical credit for books for ourselves.  I would love to have a way to set up a pen name, for sure.
    I've asked about it too for the same reason. Maybe the hall of records can sell certificates for official pen names (make them like, 500k gold each?). Then when you write, you can choose to write as yourself or your pen name, and a bit of cleverness could keep it anonymous. I would love that so much. Always wanted to write some trashy romance type fanfic novellas but goodness, propriety.

Love the notepad idea.

• Allow people to check CLTELLS, CTELLS etc. from their nexus world (and if they're not already, let them be adjacent to Prime for purposes of communication!). I think this restriction might be a throwback from nexus weakenings.

• Wtb omniscience
  • Talan said:
    Add a SKILLS FULL so that SKILLS does not automatically show all that you have inactive. #smallscreens
    This functionality is already available through AB ACTIVE; I will make it also work with SKILLS ACTIVE. I realise it's switched around from what you want, but given this functionality is already in place I'd prefer not to change it.
  • Siam said:
    SHRINESIGHT QoL change: Show the shrine type!

1. The Fulcrux of Viravain (shrine12131) - Master Shrine, Influence of 0 rooms, 0 fully sanctified
    2. Spiders' larder (shrine37694) - War Shrine, Influence of 15 rooms, 15 fully sanctified.
    Coded to go live shortly.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited November 2016
    Iosai said:
    Siam said:

1. The Fulcrux of Viravain (shrine12131) - Master Shrine, Influence of 0 rooms, 0 fully sanctified
    2. Spiders' larder (shrine37694) - War Shrine, Influence of 15 rooms, 15 fully sanctified.
    MY HERO <3

edit:

I realize that this may be asking for too much, but there are players who don't have the room find functionality of the mapper in mudlet so can the name of the area the shrine is in please be included as well? It is shrinesight after all and it would be very helpful for newbies who are unfamiliar with specific room names! :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited November 2016
    Siam said:
    Iosai said:
    Siam said:

MY HERO <3

edit:

I realize that this may be asking for too much, but there are players who don't have the room find functionality of the mapper in mudlet so can the name of the area the shrine is in please be included as well? It is shrinesight after all and it would be very helpful for newbies who are unfamiliar with specific room names! :)
    I'd love that for other stuff too like pyramid puzzle, pathfinding and hermits.