Simple questions?

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Not as far as I know. I've never gotten recklessness from icediggers.

Edit: oh I think I got it. The queen can do a poison attack and must have done recklessness in the middle of a blackout and I didn't catch it. Oops!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    They do lots of damage, so they killed you? 
  • No, it was recklessness, see the edit. A full 10-stack + queen hit does about 3k damage to me.
  • You probably have low blunt resistance.
  • I've gotten a few ikons from turning in essence to the nexus. Is this reward chance calculated per turnin? Would turning in essence 1 by 1 increase my chance for ikons?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    You get them every X essence. I want to say that it's every 200, but I'm not positive. Other org quests can contribute to it to varying degrees, although I don't have a list of them.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Kalaneya said:
    I don't understand what happened. I went from 9800 health to nothing with 3 icedigger hits? 

You may eat or smoke another herb.
    9800h, 8300m, 9300e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w elrk<>-
    A slavering icedigger lunges at you and bites a chunk of flesh out of your arm.
    A golden hippogriff with rainbow feathered wings leaps into the air in front of you, deflecting the 
    attack.
    You stagger as a slavering icedigger swings his large arm, claws impacting the side of your head.
    You stagger as a slavering icedigger swings his large arm, claws impacting the side of your head.
    You have been slain by a slavering icedigger.
    They're just nasty creatures.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Movement has a 10% chance of breaking a Ruby gem to avoid an instant kill, does tree movement or flight count as movement for the chance of breaking a ruby or is it only moving in or out of the room itself?
  • edited September 2016
    Ixion said:
    Numbers on these, please?

Catsluck Collection - Gives you luck of the cat which increases your chance of crit hits. x/100?

Braveheart Collection - Gives fear resistance %?

Whiplash Collection - On the next movement, the target will lose balance. How long is cast time and balance loss time?
    Bump. Anyone know? @Iosai perhaps?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited September 2016
    I'm still missing 2 pieces on my catsluck collection.

Braveheart actually seems to give the "The courage of the wolf swells within you" message, and with a very short range of tests I'm getting about a 75% block rate (though I'd guess I'm just having good luck and it's closer to 50%, like Wolf).

Edit: I have the full whiplash set but nothing to put it on, so it is just sitting there.  Can't really test it without attaching it to something.
  • Thanks. That makes sense that it is the same or similar to wolf totem.

We'd need a coder to tell us about catsluck I think anyway. The sample size needed to make any accurate guess would have to be ridiculous.
  • Not really sure if this is simple. But if one of my guild rituals was missing a prompt for our guildhall artifact thing, who would I talk to? 

• Guild patron, Drocilla.
  • I recall that back in the day, the Bar of Golden Soap was a high priority artifact. Is that still the case? I think I've only gotten sapped once since I started playing again, and some old posts seemed to indicate that we are getting rid of the cleanse cure completely.
  • Mrak said:
    I recall that back in the day, the Bar of Golden Soap was a high priority artifact. Is that still the case? I think I've only gotten sapped once since I started playing again, and some old posts seemed to indicate that we are getting rid of the cleanse cure completely.
    The soap just has a quicker balance time than normal cleanse which dosnt seem that big a deal. Same requirements to use etc etc
  • Is there a list of the parameters taken by Discernment - Firstaid WHATISCUREDBY ?

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:
    Is there a list of the parameters taken by Discernment - Firstaid WHATISCUREDBY ?

Don't think there is a written list, but it takes in the actual curing commands - so 'drink <potion>', 'apply mending to <limbs>', 'apply <salve>', etc
  • When using ILLDRAIN <corpse> and triggering the buff off the 5th drain, does the 1 hour buff last from the first increase, or does the timer reset each time the stack increases (so it becomes 1 hour again at 1/10, 2/20, etc up to 5/10)?
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Probably a bit of a silly question, but with the beast toys, do they only work with combat pets, or can they be used with non-combative dwellers?  Wouldn't mind getting one of them to use with my dweller Yuna, but dunno if it will work with her or not.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Does the goop throttle apply to spins and presents?
  • Is this normal?

The air distorts and swirls madly as lances of power flare off a wild node, striking at all those nearby, and somehow shifting them out of time slightly.
    Your speed defence is destroyed.
    Pulsating rings of energy flow up and down a wild node's lengths until becoming entirely still, before a blanketing wave of power flows forth from them.
    A strange, brightly glowing point of light manifests upon the tip of a wild node, swirling around briefly before exploding outwards into a huge, flaming sphere.
    Pulsating rings of energy flow up and down a wild node's lengths until becoming entirely still, before a blanketing wave of power flows forth from them.
    -
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I've actually never, ever seen that before.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Is it Kethuru time?  :o
    See you in Sapience.
  • edited September 2016
    I noticed that earlier, and had to think about it a bit.

It's back, apparently. Wildnodes seem to once again damage people in the local area (believe it's blackouts and minor/moderate electricity damage). I think that was seen around maybe 2005 too.

Edit: Kethuru gon' eat you.
  • Aeon, blackout and fire damage from what I have seen. I have been seeing this ever since the last wildnodes event.
  • It's a sign to stop draining them to motes.
  • This happened at the last wild node event and has been hitting while astral hunting. 
  • I've been told never drain them past motes. Once they hit motes, I unlink and do not touch the same node until it's back to crackling. Am I breaking a rule or doing something wrong? Nobody has mentioned anything to me until your post (which isn't really the nicest way to let me know I'm doing something wrong).
  • Breandryn said:
    I've been told never drain them past motes. Once they hit motes, I unlink and do not touch the same node until it's back to crackling. Am I breaking a rule or doing something wrong? Nobody has mentioned anything to me until your post (which isn't really the nicest way to let me know I'm doing something wrong).
    No, that's the right way to do it. If they're drained to motes, the node will regenerate in a couple of hours.

The further you drain an astral node, the longer it takes to regenerate its energy stores.