Simple questions?

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Rancoura said:
    Ixion said:
    Bash the Dread Lord of Contagion. That's pretty end game.
    We can't all be Ixions, Ixion. :(
    Why not?
  • I didn't mean solo! He's actually not that bad with a nice sized group.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Going to just mention that I was not taking a jab at Ixion, and what he did was super impressive with the Lord of Contagion, but I will be incredibly impressed with myself if I ever manage to reach that level of buff. :P

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Can I get an answer to my question too?
  • Arix said:
    how does the ability to infuse, fortify and preserve during cooking work with the portions skill? does it transfer to all the portions or do I have t o guess how many portions will be made and have that much stuff out?
    Can you do this during cooking? I've only used this as a step 2 done to food after the fact.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:
    Arix said:
    how does the ability to infuse, fortify and preserve during cooking work with the portions skill? does it transfer to all the portions or do I have t o guess how many portions will be made and have that much stuff out?
    Can you do this during cooking? I've only used this as a step 2 done to food after the fact.
    Announce #2645

o Chefs may now infuse, preserve, and fortify during the cooking/baking
    process. Report 1387.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    CURIO CONVERT LESSONS - is this updated to give a chance for any curio set pieces? Or only the older ones ones?

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Falmiis said:
    Talan said:
    Arix said:
    Announce #2645

process. Report 1387.

If no one has an answer by tonight I'll bite the bullet and find out.
  • edited October 2016
    Luce said:
    Falmiis said:
    Talan said:
    Arix said:
    Announce #2645

process. Report 1387.

If no one has an answer by tonight I'll bite the bullet and find out.
    You can do the fortifying and preserving (I haven't tried infusing) while cooking, as in COOK <recipe number> FORTIFY PRESERVE all as one step. Which is pretty amazing! It saves a lot of time preserving, fortifying, and infusing after the cooking, especially as that could only be done one dish at a time before.

However, I tried cooking a recipe with only four flax and one colewort in hand and received this result:

"You need 4 flax bunches to fortify a platter of oven-baked fishcakes and vanilla custard.
    You need a colewort leaf to fortify a platter of oven-baked fishcakes and vanilla custard.
    You need 4 flax bunches to fortify a platter of oven-baked fishcakes and vanilla custard.
    You need a colewort leaf to fortify a platter of oven-baked fishcakes and vanilla custard.
    You need 4 flax bunches to fortify a platter of oven-baked fishcakes and vanilla custard.
    At home in the kitchen, you have no trouble whipping up a platter of oven-baked fishcakes and vanilla custard in the oven. There is enough for four portions."

One platter was preserved and fortified, and the rest were just plain platters. So, it seems like you do have to guess how many portions will be made and have that much colewort and flax out before you start. A better idea might be to just have all your flax and colewort in hand before cooking, in order to take the guesswork out of it.

Hope this helps!
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Also, Doctor-who designed that recipe? </cinemasins>
  • Is it still possible to get those runed dice if you missed the actual hunt?
  • After I set CONFIG TIMEZONE, does DATE <date> <time> account for my adjusted time, or do I need to use GMT times?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Does anyone know what the "Bloodsmears" influence buff is? It buffs weaken and paranoia by 1/7.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited October 2016
    Shaddus said:
    Does anyone know what the "Bloodsmears" influence buff is? It buffs weaken and paranoia by 1/7.
    It's in Dramaturgy, etiquette, I think. My theory is that Dramaturgy is built over some weird, mag-specific influencing buff skill that never saw the light of day. Basically it's haunted by the ghosts of ABs past. There are strange anomalies in there like bloodsmears, and the fact that you can't use the 'boo' emote.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • The Jewelry Hammer and the Jewelry chisel curio. Do they stack? 

🌈💕✨💖

• Is there any way to check what pre-overhaul afflictions do, short of hitting myself and trying to figure out what's different? Overhaul afflictions get AFFS INFO, but that doesn't seem to work for basically everything I afflict with as a monk, so I'm a little clueless. :(
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Are zimoru syringes owner-use only, or can they be shared?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Besides the obvious fact of not carrying around all of my gold with me at once, is there a benefit to depositing my wealth into a bank account? Does my gold earn some form of interest?

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    About the only thing banks are useful for any more is preventing people from forcibly stealing your gold, and I haven't heard of that happening in years. They really stopped being important at all once you no longer dropped your gold on death.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Didn't they even go as far as making theft impossible due to force-command changes?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    No, you can still steal from people using force commands. 
  • Is there a way to set up autopay for stable fees from the bank? Or an artifact to auto-renew them? I know that collared beasts don't need to pay, but I am hoping there is another method to upkeep stable fees because I get forgetful.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Sadly not. You will get a message if your stable fees are close to running out though, which can serve as an reminder.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Does anyone know what timezone the date command works in? Like if I do 'Real world 10-30-2016 at :00 would be 12th of Dioni, year 455' Is that GMT or my config timezone?

The last time I used it it gave me the wrong date, so I want to be sure :dizzy:

• The date command works off GMT
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Is there a port I can use to connect to Lusternia besides 23?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Yes. You can connect to port 2003 too, according to the website.

• SazSaz
    edited October 2016
    Does Pox do anything as an affliction anymore?

Edit.: We've found out that it does, ignore the question please.
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    More of an opinion, but what enchantments are most worth putting on heirlooms (crowns, circlets, brooches, etc)? I'm not as in the loop on this as I'd like to be.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Anything you're using a LOT. Dig, gust, ignite, freeze, the stuff you don't fire once when you log in/die, and then don't worry about again. I personally like having acquisitio and waterwalk on them too, just in case I forget to charge them in a while.