QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Lyora said:
    Siam said:
    Did anyone say...pixies?
    No.
    Turduckenham.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Lyora said:
    Siam said:
    Did anyone say...pixies?
    No.
    Turduckenham.
    No! Don't be a bully!
  • A little beauty I found while disposing of my earthly posessions.

You withdraw 1 golden sovereigns from the account, leaving it with a balance of 0 gold. The bank has taken a fee of 1 sovereigns.

Age: forever 28 / Sex: female / Location: where the Fates can't reach

• edited October 2016
    Breandryn said:
    Tristanna wanted to make sure everyone was awake during the hunt and requested we all reply. Kilian's answer:

(Aetherhart): Kilian says, "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... a letter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all... I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."
    I've done the whole song, but I don't know what to do with it -- since it's a rewrite of Barrett's Privateers (and not very amusing to anyone unfamiliar with that song) I can't do it anywhere that's IC, and I don't think people want to hear a whole song on the Aetherhart clan!

Plus I can't decide which of the three-syllable-named people who are regularly on the crew to have brutally killed in the last verse -- you want that honor, Breandryn?
  • Thax razes Shango's speed defence with a greatsword of serrated bone.

Thax strikes at Shango's body with a greatsword of serrated bone.

Shango takes a drink from an ominous obsidian loboshigaru vial.

Thax licks Shango.

The things Arimisia nudges her kids into volunteering for...
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Arimisia said:
    Thax razes Shango's speed defence with a greatsword of serrated bone.

Thax strikes at Shango's body with a greatsword of serrated bone.

Shango takes a drink from an ominous obsidian loboshigaru vial.

Thax licks Shango.

The things Arimisia nudges her kids into volunteering for...
    He wanted to taste of our fighters and none other volunteered...how was I to know He meant it literally? :P Had expected an actual fight (that I'd presumably lose outright)..and all ready for it. Then...well.
    Sylvanas said:
    Whispers flit between bursts of maniacal laughter, escaping the white lips of a half-formed presence that drifts overhead. Pale eyes blink open and a piercing screech breaks through the raucous uproar, silence trailing the horrendous cry as Manteekan, the Nightmare shifts into mortal perception.

(Magnagora): You say, "He scares me."

Maniacal whispers come in bursts as a hazy mist chills the air with its cool embrace. Amidst the frigid fog, two pale eyes glow as the incorporeal form of Manteekan, the Nightmare slowly coalesces within.

'Boo!' Manteekan screams happily at you.

The incorporeal form of Manteekan, the Nightmare, dissolves into a cool mist which creeps hauntingly away into the distance, leaving behind naught but an eerie silence and an unsettling chill.

<3
    We love our Uncle Manty.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Kilian said:

I've done the whole song, but I don't know what to do with it -- since it's a rewrite of Barrett's Privateers (and not very amusing to anyone unfamiliar with that song) I can't do it anywhere that's IC, and I don't think people want to hear a whole song on the Aetherhart clan!

Plus I can't decide which of the three-syllable-named people who are regularly on the crew to have brutally killed in the last verse -- you want that honor, Breandryn?
    At @Enadonella's suggestion I posted the whole song here.
  • [spoiler]
    (The Shadow Kindred): Lysistrata says, "I'm all ranked up in Shadowdancers."

(The Shadow Kindred): Versalean says, "Sup hon :)"

(The Shadow Kindred): Versalean says, "Oooh, nice."

(The Shadow Kindred): Lysistrata says, "#justthatawesome."

(The Shadow Kindred): Versalean says, "Sorry, slow holiday park connection, and typing on tablet."

(The Shadow Kindred): You say, "Your welcome :P."

(The Shadow Kindred): Lysistrata says, "Dhani convinced me to do my tasks."

(The Shadow Kindred): Lysistrata says, "And i did them all in like.. a night."

(The Shadow Kindred): You say, "Yep."

(The Shadow Kindred): Lysistrata says, "Now i'm GR 8."

(The Shadow Kindred): You say, "They're that easy, so it's being fixed."

(Glomdoring): Versalean says, "Even the mudsex task?"

(The Shadow Kindred): Ulalah says, "..."

(The Shadow Kindred): You say, "Hahahaha."

(The Shadow Kindred): Lysistrata says, "* slowclap*."

(The Shadow Kindred): You say, "Quoted."

(Glomdoring): Feoragan says, "Errr...?"

(Glomdoring): Feoragan says, "Muddy sex?"

(Glomdoring): Ulalah says, "We do not canoodle here."

(Glomdoring): Lysistrata says, "Uh... I suppose some people like that?"

(The Shadow Kindred): Veyils says, "Why so easy, whats the sort of requirement?"

(The Shadow Kindred): Lysistrata says, "Sounds messy though."

(Glomdoring): Xenthos says, "It is best to avoid that. The oozes in the swamp might object."

(Glomdoring): Lysistrata says, "Sounds messy though."

(The Shadow Kindred): Veyils says, "Also epic mis versa."

(The Shadow Kindred): Versalean says, "?"

(The Shadow Kindred): Xenthos says, "You said that on CT."

(The Shadow Kindred): Veyils says, "You didn't notice?"

(The Shadow Kindred): Lysistrata says, "Buahahah."

(The Shadow Kindred): Lysistrata says, "And it's too late to say miss."

(The Shadow Kindred): Versalean says, "What?"

(The Shadow Kindred): Versalean says, "Shit."

(The Shadow Kindred): Xenthos says, "You talked about mudsex. On CT."

(The Shadow Kindred): Ulalah says, "Haha."

(The Shadow Kindred): Lysistrata says, "BUAHAHAHHAHAH."

(The Shadow Kindred): Veyils says, "(Glomdoring): Versalean (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Even the mudsex task?""

(Glomdoring): Mailprion says, "Oh, you have a swamp here? I like swamps. They make great places for thinking."
    [/spoiler]
  • o Arco, the Hound of Papaxi now has a psychic bark rather than a bite.

His bark is now worse than his bite. Report 1461.

Heeeheee!

xD

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Somebody says, "I'm just trying to help out. Doing the aurals seems to help."

Those homophones. o:)
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    What is it supposed to be, 'orals'? That doesn't make sense either.
  • I think they meant aurics? Like bardo.

• It's supposed to be aurics, yes. Sometimes I like to listen to the world with the ears of a pubescent male, just for added opportunities to giggle.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That's not a homophone then >_>
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada

You concentrate on curing your own insanity ailments.
    You suddenly feel your touch with reality weaken.
    You suddenly feel your touch with reality strengthen.

Among the helpful things I've done for myself today. Yea.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Enyalida said:
    Aural and oral aren't homophones?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @Rancoura how does that even work? Insanity curing in Healing takes target's sanity and healer's sanity and finds the average and gives both players that level right?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Rancoura said:

You concentrate on curing your own insanity ailments.
    You suddenly feel your touch with reality weaken.
    You suddenly feel your touch with reality strengthen.

Among the helpful things I've done for myself today. Yea.
    @Rancoura I learned a while ago to my detriment that doing that is creating an endless insanity loop for yourself. Best to ask someone else to heal it for you!

• Shaddus said:
    Enyalida said:
    Aural and oral aren't homophones?
    They are:

• edited October 2016
    Dhani said:
    @Rancoura how does that even work? Insanity curing in Healing takes target's sanity and healer's sanity and finds the average and gives both players that level right?
    No, healing takes a small bit of insanity from the target and gives it to the healer. Can only be done once per day on a single target - so a healer could heal a small amount of insanity from 10 people, once each. All of them will still be mostly insane, but the healer will also be pretty insane when they're done doing all ten. They will recover sanity faster, if only because there's an extra person sharing the burden. Alternatively, you could have 10 different healers heal insanity off you, and become almost entirely sane, and each of them only having a little bit of insanity.

Something along those lines.

Lerad said:
    Dhani said:
    @Rancoura how does that even work? Insanity curing in Healing takes target's sanity and healer's sanity and finds the average and gives both players that level right?
    No, healing takes a small bit of insanity from the target and gives it to the healer. Can only be done once per day on a single target - so a healer could heal a small amount of insanity from 10 people, once each. All of them will still be mostly insane, but the healer will also be pretty insane when they're done doing all ten. They will recover sanity faster, if only because there's an extra person sharing the burden. Alternatively, you could have 10 different healers heal insanity off you, and become almost entirely sane, and each of them only having a little bit of insanity.

Something along those lines.
    I believe there's a cooldown for the insane target as well.

#bringShikariback 

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Oh, I was actually just testing to see if it were even possible to cure insanity from myself. The result had me basically staring at my screen and thinking, "Well, that was pointless." Got a bit of a dry kick out of it.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• I bought an aethership! Behold, my first mission!

You launch Brs into the aetherways.
    Lurching through dimensional shifts.
    X^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^    ^^^^
    ^^^^  ?  ^^^^
    ^^^^  @    ^^
    ^^^^       ^^
    X^^^^     ^^^
    X^^^^^    ^^^
    There is an aetherways dock here connected to the Aetherplex Chamber.
    You are floating in astral.
    A school of burning pyrinnes swims through the aethers. Twisting through the aethers, the coils of a glistening flux serpent draw your eye.
    Celest is to the west.
    Magnagora is to the southeast.
    Moonhart World is to the northwest.
    Pool of Stars World is to the west.
    Megalith World is to the east.
    Ravenwood World is to the south.
    Matrix World is to the southeast.
    Eternal Flame World is to the southwest.
    Hallifax is to the east.
    [1450-hull, 10-power, no damage, 26036-will **]
    The command chair is not yet ready to be used again.
    [1450-hull, 10-power, no damage, 26050-will **]
    Brs shudders and shakes as a school of burning pyrinnes swiftly shears through her hull.
    [1397-hull, 10-power, no damage, 26050-will **]
    The command chair whirrs quietly, ready to be used once again.
    [1397-hull, 10-power, no damage, 26064-will *x*]
    You direct Brs to run silently.
    (Ship): Brs says, "Please be quiet as I run silently."
    [1397-hull, 10-power, no damage, 25764-will **]
    There is a barely perceptible shift as Brs sails to a rest.
    [1397-hull, 10-power, no damage, 25764-will **]
    Brs shudders and shakes as a coiling flux serpent swiftly shears through her hull.
    (Ship): Brs says, "I have been infested by an aetheretic slivven!"
    [1337-hull, 10-power, no damage, 25764-will **]
    Brs shudders and shakes as a school of burning pyrinnes swiftly shears through her hull.
    [1284-hull, 10-power, no damage, 25764-will **]
    [1284-hull, 10-power, no damage, 25778-will *x*]
    Brs reels as a coiling flux serpent shreds deep rends through her hull.
    [924-hull, 10-power, no damage, 25778-will *x*]
    [871-hull, 10-power, no damage, 25778-will *x*]
    You dock Brs at the Aetherplex Chamber.
    [871-hull, 10-power, no damage, 25792-will **]
    [871-hull, 10-power, no damage, 25806-will *x*]
    With a long, slow blink, you allow your mind to drift free from the ship, and release your lock on the command of the command chair.
  • Make sure to move when you're being attacked. You'd be surprised how many folks don't do that. ;-)

• Fairly sure the first aether flight ended in the fiery deaths of everyone on board, which was probably a decent amount of those online at the time, if not everyone.

• So I was reading old quotes and saw this one from 2013:

Alary said:
    Herald of Mu, Ixchilgal Mes'ard, Many of One says, "We should get Xypher some creepy looking aethership with no windows. Paint "free candy" on the side, and have him cruise by Hallifax slowly."

I got this message a few days ago:

Xypher sent message #638 at 10/17 15:13:
       Just to let you know, if you were unaware. It has been myself that has sent you packages of candies.

:/