Artifact Ideas

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Xenthos said:
    A container where everything in it counts as being wielded (note: cannot put weapons or shields in it).

This would allow you to put powerplexes, powerstones, golden paintbrushes, cooking spatulas, those planar things, and everything else that in their help file says "must be wielded to work" without having to remember to wield them.
    A mechanical third hand!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I'd much prefer to play Kings with everyone.

But perhaps I'm in the wrong org for that...

• Shaddus said:
    Trademaster's Crest/Sigil/Signet: 25 credits.

Owning this artifact allows you to make designs without a cartel. Allows any trade to be designed. Only works for owner, only makes public designs which cost 10k gold. Does not allow you any other abilities such as crafting it yourself despite your current tradeskill, only allows design creation.
    I wonder if this is a little on the cheap side, given that it saves a moderate PITA but also circumvents a (imo) fairly interesting mechanic (i.e., cartels). Maybe sell the crests per trade.

Any case, I would throw credits at this like it was up on the tables. Awesome idea, playa.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    WYRDEN POTATO BEEPBEEP TOYS because.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Oil of Olé! - Applying a use of this cream has a chance to redirect harmful attacks made against you specifically to any single target in the same room who is on your enemy or ally list. Charges last a given time and persist through death or until they've redirected a given number of strikes. Once consumed, the pot refills once per Lusternian month.

Works best against unintelligent creatures, then against intelligent denizens, then against players.

You twist out of the way of Drocilla's strike! It continues past and hits Fain instead.
    Lisaera twists out of the way of Your strike! It continues on and hits Fain instead.
    Lisaera twists out of the way of Drocilla's strike, which strikes You instead!
    Lisaera twists out of the way of Drocilla's strike, which strikes Fain instead!
  • edited November 2016
    Clan upgrade artifact, lets everyone regardless of planar skill be heard across the planes.

Broadcast beacon or something.
  • Veyils said:
    Clan upgrade artifact, lets everyone regardless of planar skill be heard across the planes.

Broadcast beacon or something.

Honestly, I feel like this and GWHO/CWHO (manses excluded maybe?) should be baseline and universal. One of THE MOST discouraging things for a new player is seeing a tiny who list, especially an org one. Not only do a ton of people have gems, half of our org membership is invisible to new players, which makes the game look and feel a lot more empty than it is.
  • edited November 2016
    Well the Gem dosn't remove you from Gwho/Cwho but I totally get what you mean half the time I'm not on prime, hunting astral, speaking in a manse, pottering around ethereal. 

The sort of annoying thing about the plannar channel thing is that there is a way around it. Like I wont hear newbies asking questions on CT if I'm on astral but I can see their questions if I keep spamming CTELLS FULL. So when I'm astral hunting I just keep doing CTELLS FULL/GTELLS FULL so that the novices don't miss out and get the help they need.
  • Gem removes you from who, which is what a lot of new players look at to gauge the overall activity levels.
  • edited November 2016
    ^ this, yes!

It would be nice to have a place for fanmail.

Edit: Not sure why I restated the obvious mechanics. Great idea @Breandryn
  • I love having my cone artifact to generate power, but since it drains power so much faster it's not ideal for bashing (didn't realize that when buying it, so sorry to everyone for those 2 months where I drained everything).

It would be nice if there was a command to let it draw only 1 power at a time so I can still use it for hunting while generating power. Maybe only let this command work if less than 3 or 4 people are in a room, so it can't be used for huge hunting trips to generate a ton of power.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Breandryn said:
    I love having my cone artifact to generate power, but since it drains power so much faster it's not ideal for bashing (didn't realize that when buying it, so sorry to everyone for those 2 months where I drained everything).

It would be nice if there was a command to let it draw only 1 power at a time so I can still use it for hunting while generating power. Maybe only let this command work if less than 3 or 4 people are in a room, so it can't be used for huge hunting trips to generate a ton of power.
    Just do regular LINK NODE when you are hunting for hunting sake, it will draw one power at a time into your reserves.

• edited November 2016
    Lavinya said:
    Breandryn said:
    I love having my cone artifact to generate power, but since it drains power so much faster it's not ideal for bashing (didn't realize that when buying it, so sorry to everyone for those 2 months where I drained everything).

Just do regular LINK NODE when you are hunting for hunting sake, it will draw one power at a time into your reserves.
    I do, but reserves fill up and I keep having to go to the aetherplex and give random people power. I'd rather be able to direct that to the nexus, and use my artifact. I bought it so I could help my org.

Edit: Unless there is a way to transfer personal power to the nexus? I haven't been able to find an option.
  • You can just dump power on things, like just SHIFT REALITY everytime you get too high, or greatpentagram, or anything along those lines.

• Right, but I'd rather be able to give that power to my city. 
    You have to choose between, really. Which I think is fine. Either you're bringing in power or you're getting better bashing.

• Dumping power is a pretty boring mechanic.  It can be done, but it just wastes our time and is tedious.

I see no downside to letting people cone for 1p or cone for 10p.  It's not important by any means, but it would be a convenient QoL improvement for anyone that feels like generating essence from bashing moreso than generating lots of power quickly.

Esteem rules as it is, so why not give corpse bashing a nice little QoL love?
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Tangent, but a squad ability to top up squad members could be handy.

The leader can "squad link <node>", it checks the list of squad members for someone with space and gives the power to them. If it can't find anyone then it could check for a formation, if you have one set up then it transfers to the org, if not then you'd get the usual failure message.

Means I can get power but someone else can worry about managing the linking :P
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Just let us energylink the nexus. We can channel power into it from foreign objects, draw power into ourselves from it, but cannot channel into it from our own reserves?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Here's my updated experience from today: couldn't find anyone to dump power into. My ship won't take anymore. I was derpy and had already put up buffs. Spent 5 mins of that buff uptime trying my best to find a way to dump my power. Couldn't, so went to bash.

After one hour, I think I drained the following to motes (some of these may have been someone else): Taurus, Capricorn, Aries, Leo, Libra, Aquarius, Cancer, Sagittarius, Virgo. I was kinda zoning out, but I remember at least 6-7 of those in my past hour's bashing.

Artifact + guardian is just super fast, especially since you can either avoid mobs (seems buggy, I don't do it) or tear through them with all the buffs available. I don't want to be a jerk and drain all the nodes, hence my suggestion. Just coning as suggested by replies seems selfish for everyone else, since it makes most of astral unusable. Also, it just seems odd design that you would feel guilty/selfish to use an artifact, but maybe that's just in my head.
    edited November 2016
    nvm it sounded snarky.

• Make an alias to travel to the plex and every city via portals. Like portal enter blah portal exit gaudiguch.

Do that to enter every city, scent, walk up to who ever is there, powersense them and give them as much power as you can against their will.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maybe you should try NOT LINKING ALL OF THOSE NODES TO MOTES, AND FIND SOME OTHER PLACE TO HUNT.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I can count on @Shaddus to go there for me even after I edit it out. >_> 

Sharing is caring honey-pie. Some of us have crippling power debts to repay *COUGHCOUGH*

• I don't drain nodes to motes all over the place. I did when I first got the artifact, until I was told how it worked. I drained them once, today, during a single hour, because I had several credits worth of bashing buffs running. I have been explicitly NOT using my fairly-expensive artifact for weeks now, because I wanted to be polite and share and care. I used it once, for an hour, for the first time in weeks. I think these responses are very rude. I am not trying to hurt anyone and I've tried to help by not using something I paid for and I shouldn't be yelled at in caps for using an artifact as designed.

• (I think they're joking)
  • Breandryn said:
    I don't drain nodes to motes all over the place. I did when I first got the artifact, until I was told how it worked. I drained them once, today, during a single hour, because I had several credits worth of bashing buffs running. I have been explicitly NOT using my fairly-expensive artifact for weeks now, because I wanted to be polite and share and care. I used it once, for an hour, for the first time in weeks. I think these responses are very rude. I am not trying to hurtAs  anyone and I've tried to help by not using something I paid for and I shouldn't be yelled at in caps for using an artifact as designed.

The artifact suggestion isn't a poor one. Personally, I feel like it should be a QoL (quality of life) change added to cone/link which would let all guardians use it...with or without artifact.

As to the people fixing on the x nodes in an hour, clearly they weren't maxed if lowered to motes in such short time.

Breandryn, you paid for an artifact, of course you can use it and like most other people you're probably going to use it quite a bit at first. In time you'll tire of astral and move on...and someone else will be up there bashing. You're probably better linking power to the nexus and finding other hunting spots. Better in the sense of it being more efficient. We can see if that is the case and if there are other areas you may enjoy more.
  • edited November 2016
    You should ideally be trying to drain all the nodes to motes roughly 15 to 20 minutes before Lavinya starts to bash astral. 

I know you can't really time it exactly like that but well it's a good time to aim for. :dizzy: