Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Ciaran said:

Rug of good vibes.
    Manse artifact that stops karma blessings from ticking down.
    -It really brings the room together.
    (Added flavor, can be stolen but resets)

I imagine it's controversial, but would be really nice for those of us that would like to manse AFK, but feel obligated to log off to not waste our sweet sweet karma.

Shouldn't be cheap.

I like the concept, but it would be real easy to game, and you could essentially get all 8 blessings: just make sure they all tick at the same time, and return to your manse for 2 minutes every hour.

A fix might be that the first time a blessing ticks, you lose the karma, but if you haven't left the manse since the last tick you don't lose karma. It would likely be a lot harder to code, though.
  • No, the timers wouldn't change. If you went in 2 minutes before the hour they wouldn't move until you moved out and then you'd have a huge karma loss in 2 minutes after leaving the manse.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    We have a carpet of flying that allows your entourage to follow you through flight, right? Or am I constructing memories again?
  • Ah I misunderstood the idea. That is much better. It is still quite powerful though, and gives non-afk people an incentive to sit in their manse (rather than at their nexus) which I don't think is optimal.
  • Incidentally, all 8 karma blessings aren't that big of a deal. The blessings don't do much anymore.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Demesntic Metronome - With this in your hand, when you cast a demesnewide effect while on equilibrium and balance, the device takes equilibrium early, but automatically has you cast the effect regardless when the next 10th tic happens. This has the effect of causing all such cast effects to tic together.

(I know this can be done client side, but I figure an artifact to have it happen server side as a convenience thing isn't much of a stretch, especially if it makes the casting take more eq to compensate.)
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Isn't that what casting the all-effects ability does already? (May require putting all effects up first before using it to sync time, I do not recall if that was changed)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Luce said:

Demesntic Metronome - With this in your hand, when you cast a demesnewide effect while on equilibrium and balance, the device takes equilibrium early, but automatically has you cast the effect regardless when the next 10th tic happens. This has the effect of causing all such cast effects to tic together.

(I know this can be done client side, but I figure an artifact to have it happen server side as a convenience thing isn't much of a stretch, especially if it makes the casting take more eq to compensate.)

Just cast all of your effects, and then cast your "put them all up" effect. Not only will it line them out, but they'll be extended quite a bit.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    If you don't have latency, just use temptimers to line it up yourself. Save yourself the 8p.

edited August 2016
    Gnomish Reclamation Orb: 25 dingbats

Orb is destroyed after use.

ORB FOCUS {CLAN ALIAS}: Target cartel, which must be owned by the orb's user and owner, as well as not deeded to any org, becomes a clan and loses cartel status. All designs in the former cartel become public.

Gnomish Cartel Realignment Orb: 50 credits

Orb is destroyed after use.

ORB ALIGN {Cartel alias} {tradeskill which allows cartels}:

Cartel gains one permanent design slot for that tradeskill regardless of normal skill aligned with that cartel. Orb must be used by cartel owner.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • So with aethersuits being a thing... Could we get aetherweapons - a multi-tool weapon that does the damage type(s) we would normally cause via current active class skills? Something that makes it so I only have 1 weapon for all the classes (instead of one for each. Obviously any duel wielding class would have 2 of these in some fashion).
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Ayisdra said:

So with aethersuits being a thing... Could we get aetherweapons - a multi-tool weapon that does the damage type(s) we would normally cause via current active class skills? Something that makes it so I only have 1 weapon for all the classes (instead of one for each. Obviously any duel wielding class would have 2 of these in some fashion).

You mean, like the wonderwand?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

Ayisdra said:

So with aethersuits being a thing... Could we get aetherweapons - a multi-tool weapon that does the damage type(s) we would normally cause via current active class skills? Something that makes it so I only have 1 weapon for all the classes (instead of one for each. Obviously any duel wielding class would have 2 of these in some fashion).

You mean, like the wonderwand?
    Wonderwand has reduced damage against players, like the whips, no?
  • @Estarra - I would love to buy a bashing artifact which boosted my class attack on NPCs. I saw the whips, but I enjoy using class skills, especially now that I'm a knight. It makes me feel buff! Maybe there could be an additional "reskin" option to make the attack message different, but still in theme with the class skill.
  • An artifact that makes honey. Or honeycombs. Or both! Unless there is one already?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Shard of Disownment - works the other way around.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    How would that work? Vetoing the family head's FAMILY DISOWN?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Gnomish Hornswoggle: HORN CONFIG <COLOUR> to make your shouts that colour.

Divine Trumpet: Configurable, announces your arrival to Lusternia if you've been logged off for more than 8 hours. Make em think Eventru is back! Has  to have your name in the message.

• Shaddus said:
    Divine Trumpet: Configurable, announces your arrival to Lusternia if you've been logged off for more than 8 hours. Make em think Eventru is back! Has  to have your name in the message.

If something like this were added, it would have to be toggle-able by the owner.

• This has probably been said about 200 times but would definitely kill for a catacombs of the dead artifact.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited August 2016
    Artifact that allows you to use transportation abilities and artifacts when you're indoors.  So badly.

Or better, add that functionality to the Ring of Aetheric Power or Ring of Aetheric Quickening.

• Luce said:
    Shard of Disownment - works the other way around.
    Shard of Transformation - Allows you to rediscover your TRUE NAME. Namechange once, cannot be bought again.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • edited August 2016
    Breandryn said:
    @Estarra - I would love to buy a bashing artifact which boosted my class attack on NPCs. I saw the whips, but I enjoy using class skills, especially now that I'm a knight. It makes me feel buff! Maybe there could be an additional "reskin" option to make the attack message different, but still in theme with the class skill.
    @Estarra
    A bowl from Tae's Honey Pot ect. It could be a cute story from @Weiwae about how Tae lost His honeypot and ended up making a layered one with different pots and have those little layered pots scattered all around Lusternia as a honeycomb artifact.

OR

Beekeeping could be a new tradecraft. Empower your bees, and get different buffs when you eat their honeycombs.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Man, I would sacrifice Maligorn at Roark's feet for an artifact to pop out honeycombs on demand. Some of us don't like using sugar in our designs, but do like sweet things, and it's hard to design around the, what, 6 honeycombs..?
  • Luce said:
    Man, I would sacrifice Maligorn at Roark's feet for an artifact to pop out honeycombs on demand. Some of us don't like using sugar in our designs, but do like sweet things, and it's hard to design around the, what, 6 honeycombs..?
    With the inclusion of the stinky far quest there are more honeycombs (pretty sure, anyways), but you'll need to ask nicely for them.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited August 2016
    Luce said:

EDIT: It's a lot of curse words but I mean them with love. <3

ADMIN EDIT: It's too many curse words, no matter their meaning ;)

• Salome said:
    @Estarra
    A bowl from Tae's Honey Pot ect. It could be a cute story from @Weiwae about how Tae lost His honeypot and ended up making a layered one with different pots and have those little layered pots scattered all around Lusternia as a honeycomb artifact.

OR

Beekeeping could be a new tradecraft. Empower your bees, and get different buffs when you eat their honeycombs.
    I was going to work on coming up with an actual artifact instead of keep asking for one :D but these ideas are pretty awesome! It definitely needs to involve Tae!