Artifact Ideas

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Oh I must have misunderstood what the kit would do. I could get behind the idea of a GST food truck. ;;)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited July 2016
    Daraius said:
    Oh I must have misunderstood what the kit would do. I could get behind the idea of a GST food truck. ;;)
    I was just thinking it might be fun to have shops outside of city and manses and custom dweller/beasts. Like a swap meet. (Also because I want to have traveling merchant rp, since we don't have traders/merchants as a playable 'rogue' class <.<;)

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Shaddus said:

Sundae Sundew: 300 credits. Manse artifact, turns the room into a sun/lion melded room (obviously appearance only), and tree produces chocolate square commodities once a month.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I think Rivius suggested this, but an artifact that allows beasts to use breath attacks, only it'll consume your mana rather than the beast's. 
  • Have you seen the Beastmaster's Pendant aethergoop item, by chance?

• edited July 2016
    Yeah, that's only half mana. (if I recall correctly)
  • edited July 2016
    Travelers Cloak.

Has  a bit of "Hammer space" as it were....
    Syntax
    TRAVELER CLOAK FLUX [ON|OFF]
    AFTER turned on, any denizens who start to follow you step into the cloak. They still show up on ENT but not to anyone looking at you and the room you are entering/leaving. Probing the Cloak will show all Denizens currently inside it.

Any area where they would normally do something other that follow you will cause them to leave the cloak and do that thing{boys will step out to repair dismantle antennae wanderers will rush off and give you gold etc... }.
    You can TWIRL CLOAK to envelop a denizen that is following you outside the cloak. 
    Turning the cloak off removes all denizens, though they are still following you.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Possibly repeating another suggestion.

A sanity regen rune: Similar to endurance/willpower manse gems of old, increases the rate at which sanity returns to the neurotic.

• Beast breathe one should also work for ego for beast healing too pls!
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Orventa said:

Merchant's Stall Kit- Portable shopfront, allows you to set up shop anywhere. Easy to set up and take down. Multiple people can set up shop next to you: 'A roadside market has been set up here'.
    FYI, that's what dwellers are for, can set them up as shopkeepers and have them set up in different locations. See HELP DWELLER.
  • Estarra said:
    Orventa said:

Merchant's Stall Kit- Portable shopfront, allows you to set up shop anywhere. Easy to set up and take down. Multiple people can set up shop next to you: 'A roadside market has been set up here'.
    FYI, that's what dwellers are for, can set them up as shopkeepers and have them set up in different locations. See HELP DWELLER.
    I know dwellers have that already, just thought this could be a different take.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Sceptre of the Gilded Barony - Provides a 1/10 universal resistance or damage buff to its current owner. Only one in the game active, to obtain it, you must donate more gold than anyone else has in the last hour, and it must be at least half as much as anyone else had donated the previous hour.

DONATE x SCEPTRE (must be done at the Hall of Records or a designated room) - donate x gold to obtain the Sceptre (anyone can do this)
    DONATIONS SCEPTRE (Hall of Records or designated room as above) - See what the minimum donation is.
    STROKE SCEPTRE - See which buff the Sceptre is currently providing.
    RAISE SCEPTRE -  Switch which buff the Sceptre is currently providing.

Orb of the Gilded Barony - Provides a 1/10 universal balance or equilibrium buff to its current owner. Only one in the game active, to obtain it, you must donate more gold than anyone else has in the last hour, and it must be at least half as much as anyone else had donated the previous hour.

DONATE x ORB (Hall of Records or designated room) - donate to x gold obtain the Orb
    DONATIONS ORB (as above, so below) - See what the minimum donation is.
    STROKE ORB - See which buff the Orb is currently providing
    BRANDISH ORB - Switch which buff the Orb is currently providing.

Cloak of the Gilded Barony - Provides a 5% xp/essence or 1/10 critical hit rate buff to anyone in a squad with the current owner (including the owner, even if there is no squad). Should not need to be in the same room to count. Only one in the game active, to obtain it, you must donate more gold than anyone else has in the last hour, and it must be at least half as much as anyone else had donated the previous hour.

DONATE x CLOAK (Hall of Records or designated room) - donate x gold to obtain the Cloak
    DONATIONS CLOAK (as above, so below) - See what the minimum donation is.
    STROKE CLOAK - See which buff the Cloak is currently providing
    TWIRL CLOAK - Switch which buff the Cloak is currently providing.

Coronet of the Gilded Baron - Provides either a 1/10 universal influencing or a 5% esteem buff. Only one in the game active, to obtain it, you must donate more gold than anyone else has in the last hour, and it must be at least half as much as anyone else had donated the previous hour.

DONATE x CORONET (Hall of Records or designated room) - donate x gold to obtain the Coronet
    DONATIONS CORONET (as above, so below) - See what the minimum donation is.
    STROKE CORONET - See which buff the Coronet is currently providing
    TWIST CORONET - Switch which buff the Coronet is currently providing.

Regalia Accumulation bonus:
    Possessing any two pieces of the Regalia of the Gilded Baron strengthens the buffs to 2/10 or 10%.
    Possessing any three increases them to 3/10 or 15%
    Possessing all four causes each piece to give both bonuses.

NOTE: I'm suggesting these with the understanding that they'd need to be tweaked to be viable for what I'm aiming them to be: a competitive and tempting goldsink that's nice, but nothing that can't be overcome if you're facing whoever has it (and can't/don't want to buy it out from under that person).
  • Eh, if we had competitive arties I'd rather see them as a type of reward for actually do something rather than just being rich.
    Fink and gnome racehats.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Lets switch it up ... how about some whimsical artifact ideas?
  • We'd probably want to change the name but how about a "sorted hat" that when worn will tell what college anyone you see last graduated from?

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    You know what could be funny? An egg that hatches a random beast. I'm not sure it's anything anyone would want, but depending on how it's priced, could be a steal in terms of accidentally striking gold and saving money on a sweet, rare creature. Actually - it could be Czigany Wayfaire beasts! Could be the only way to achieve them off-cycle. :D

I don't know if that's even codeable or not, haha. But you asked for whimsical!

(Yes I've been hatching eggs on PokemonGO why do you ask? >_>)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Hatchable eggs that spawn random creatures with absolutely no use beyond aesthetics. Imagine the poteen animals but more unique and better ambients. Maybe ten eggs, and ten...nests? Where you can mix and match them to make unique little pets. Maybe a ruby egg and a diamond nest makes a ruby phoenix pet, but a ruby egg and a tourmaline egg makes something different.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    So, beasts : pets :: New Artifact Critters : Manse Dwellers, basically. Sounds like a good idea to me! 
  • edited July 2016
    Random nests that you track down, you steal an egg. Egg hatches into a random creature that can be upgradable to a puppet. You can breed them with other player's creatures (MKO has horse breeding I think?) and hatch the eggs for other players to imprint and take control over. Rare types can only be hatched from artifact eggs or very very rare wild nests. 5 color variations. Purely aesthetic. Eggs can rot if not hatched in a certain amount of time to save on server bloat. Creatures have an on off breeding/in season viability cycle timeline so not everything will be at the same time. Environments where nests are can effect the type of creature. Certain bred combinations produce larger clutches, some smaller, more or less chance or rarity types popping up.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm basically suggesting a randomized Czigany beast purchase with a set price that hits the median of what Czigany beasts tend to cost, hahaha.

If something more complex was going to exist, though, I think it couldn't be purely aesthetic. Would need to have some purpose beyond cuteness. Remember that beasts have attributes that make them useful, beyond their cool zimoru potential. Idk what that would be though, encouraging feature creep seems tricky.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Orventa said:
    Random nests that you track down, you steal an egg. Egg hatches into a random creature that can be upgradable to a puppet. You can breed them with other player's creatures (MKO has horse breeding I think?) and hatch the eggs for other players to imprint and take control over. Rare types can only be hatched from artifact eggs or very very rare wild nests. 5 color variations. Purely aesthetic. Eggs can rot if not hatched in a certain amount of time to save on server bloat. Creatures have an on off breeding/in season viability cycle timeline so not everything will be at the same time. Environments where nests are can effect the type of creature. Certain bred combinations produce larger clutches, some smaller, more or less chance or rarity types popping up.
    I get the feeling that making it a poaching thing would turn a lot of people off to the idea, and all that complexity would be completely wasted. :P

That said, if random little critters from eggs was going to happen, I'd prefer a simple system to an overly complex one. No point adding heaps of unnecessary complexity to what should be a small, cute idea.
  • Phoebus said:
    Orventa said:
    I get the feeling that making it a poaching thing would turn a lot of people off to the idea, and all that complexity would be completely wasted. :P

That said, if random little critters from eggs was going to happen, I'd prefer a simple system to an overly complex one. No point adding heaps of unnecessary complexity to what should be a small, cute idea.
    The zoaka wyvern quest involves running away with eggs and fending off the mother, my idea's just totally aside from Sylandra's is all. I like simple too of course and would be down for that.

• I can see artifacts that give a 15% chance to avoid damage, would a similar one for afflictions work?
  • Some credit only beasts would be cool. Something cheaper than a custom beast.
  • Hmm, for something whimsical how about Lightning in a Bottle.
    Description: This thin, narrow, glass bottle has a miniture bolt of lightning stretching from it's cork to it's bottle, it's gives off only a feeble light.

The first version would be like a beep-beep toys, like the tiny pixie, you UNCORK BOTTLE and the mini-bolt zips out to give your friend/enemy a short message. The bottle vanishes until it[mini-bolt] returns to your inventory.

The other version would be like a reskinned miniature Dirigible, the minibolt is only in the bottle when it isn't DOCKed, other wise it hangs around and can delivery stuff.

Maybe a unique combo of the two?

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Arrow of Eroee - RAISE ARROW to apply a Love potion effect 1/hr.

The Ugly Stick - SWAT <player> WITH STICK to afflict disloyalty, subject to dodge mechanics, shrugging, etc. Requires and consumes balance equivalent to a trans warrior's jab.

Gem of True Seeing - allows you to REALITYCHECK if you don't have the ability, or reduces the eq cost if you do. Upgrade allows you to REALITYCHECK AREA for a heavy eq loss and 10p to neutralize the nearest 10 rooms' worth of illusory terrain within the same area.

Woodcutter's Axe - see above, but for CHOP SAPLING.
  • Not really why anyone would buy an artie to raise a def that you can raise with a potion that anyone can get.

Let's try to stay away from arties that give on-demand affs. What's next? On demand aurics? Paralysis? Aeon (Cyndarin would love that one)?

Definite no to realitycheck/chop artie. Melds are too strong. The way to fix them isn't to introduce an artifact to make them slightly easier to manage.
  • If the Ugly Stick auto-affected the user it would be OK, IMO.
    (and it has to be wielded and you can't cure disloyalty while wielding it)....

• Rug of good vibes.
    Manse artifact that stops karma blessings from ticking down.
    -It really brings the room together.
    (Added flavor, can be stolen but resets)

I imagine it's controversial, but would be really nice for those of us that would like to manse AFK, but feel obligated to log off to not waste our sweet sweet karma.

Shouldn't be cheap.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.