Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Option/minor upgrade for the infinite rune: Allow use of PERMANENT that destroys the obsidian runestone and allows infinite use of OUTRB for that rune.

Runist sling - Able to attach to weapon (staff/cudgel/whatever  you can attach a normal sling to) and allows access to runerift without runebag.

Rune of Powerstone Mastery - attach to an energy cube and allow that cube to be used as a powerstone.
  • Manse artifact to block people scrying or using window on people in that specific room?
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Instead of that last one, I would prefer an artifact that lets you enchant cubes (this would be enhanced by the enchanter's gloves just like normal). If you are already an enchanter, make charging a cube more efficient (so they are still the best at it). Nobody since Tacita really wants to sit around charging my fatcube; I would be happy to save them the time if I could do it myself, and by making it more efficient enchanters will still be able to price lower and/or have a higher profit margin.
  • Xenthos said:
    Instead of that last one, I would prefer an artifact that lets you enchant cubes (this would be enhanced by the enchanter's gloves just like normal). If you are already an enchanter, make charging a cube more efficient (so they are still the best at it). Nobody since Tacita really wants to sit around charging my fatcube; I would be happy to save them the time if I could do it myself, and by making it more efficient enchanters will still be able to price lower and/or have a higher profit margin.
    There is a joke in this.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Something that lets you be a class-locked trade. Like, uh hm, the Tradesman's Badge of Forging etc?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Sylandra said:
    Something that lets you be a class-locked trade. Like, uh hm, the Tradesman's Badge of Forging etc?
    I would absolutely buy that, too.  I like that more than mine, in fact, because it's more flexible!  (Also hopefully it would require less coding)
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Copy and paste from my old stash:

Artifact ideas:
    o Upgrade to rune of dominion
    o Psi-sense arti
    o Timeslip arti
    o Reflection arti
    o How about an artifact that gives you a chance to resist commands? Stacks with that Stag facepaint.
    o Crown of commanding
    o 2-part arti. One arti dropped or buried in a room, the receiver type allows you to look into that room without triggering aethersight.
    o How about a pipe rune that allows you to link to an herb
    o Artifact that lets you listen through your beast
    o Permanent waterbreathe
    o herb renewal arty?
    o Artifact to conceal like glamours
    o Artifact to remove bal loss from special exits

REPORT 1417.

I would like some envoy reports to get completed, too! :)
  • Xenthos said:

REPORT 1417.

I would like some envoy reports to get completed, too! :)

Yes please! Can be an upgrade you can do to the pipe rune or an additional arti.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Divine Bindi: customized by divine just like the mark/font/beads/idol. When you touch it, tells you when your divine was last logged in. If this amount is less than a week ago irl, will give you a vague answer about how your god is definitely walking among you. Will not show if a divine is logged in at the moment.

Gnomish Snarfblatt: This pipe links directly to your rift. Due to its enormous size, it is wasteful, and herbs only give you 5 puffs each. Not effected by the Herb Smoking skill. Always lit.

Sachet oh'Wei: Having this in your inventory makes you immune to the stink affliction. On the other hand, you can always be smelled even if standing in a skunked room.

Orb of Obdurate Being: When wielded and thrown at the ground, any in the room who are out of phase (dreamweaving, statue/nature, dingbat costume, psymet Trans skill which the name escapes me) are instantly pulled back into phase. If the orb is thrown and none are pulled into phase, it resets to the owner immediately. If at least one person is pulled into phase like this, the orb resets in 15 minutes.

Estarra ' s Thighhighs: while worn, these give you a custom enter/exit message which may be customized like a custom zap. Must be approved by admin, override demi medsages.

Medal of the Bard: gives you a command to set your room appearance (SET STANCE ^ stands here, fast asleep on his feet) or (SET STANCE Rocking back and forth, ^ studies a scroll in her hands). Long balance, requires masochism.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Divine Bindi: customized by divine just like the mark/font/beads/idol. When you touch it, tells you when your divine was last logged in. If this amount is less than a week ago irl, will give you a vague answer about how your god is definitely walking among you. Will not show if a divine is logged in at the moment.

Gnomish Snarfblatt: This pipe links directly to your rift. Due to its enormous size, it is wasteful, and herbs only give you 5 puffs each. Not effected by the Herb Smoking skill. Always lit.

Sachet oh'Wei: Having this in your inventory makes you immune to the stink affliction. On the other hand, you can always be smelled even if standing in a skunked room.

Orb of Obdurate Being: When wielded and thrown at the ground, any in the room who are out of phase (dreamweaving, statue/nature, dingbat costume, psymet Trans skill which the name escapes me) are instantly pulled back into phase. If the orb is thrown and none are pulled into phase, it resets to the owner immediately. If at least one person is pulled into phase like this, the orb resets in 15 minutes.

Estarra ' s Thighhighs: while worn, these give you a custom enter/exit message which may be customized like a custom zap. Must be approved by admin, override demi medsages.

Medal of the Bard: gives you a command to set your room appearance (SET STANCE ^ stands here, fast asleep on his feet) or (SET STANCE Rocking back and forth, ^ studies a scroll in her hands). Long balance, requires masochism.
    I WANT ALL OF THESE. Especially the Bindi. I will pay for the Bindi.

*stalks gods*
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Would be awkward if the bindi preemptively showed a god's return, though.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.

Sylandra said:
    Would be awkward if the bindi preemptively showed a god's return, though.

I hadn't thought about that. As for stalking, it should intentionally be made where you don't know if your god is on or not. It's supposed to be for rp + knowing if your god has been around lately.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Plus one to Estarra's Thigh-Highs.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited June 2016
    Daraius said:
    Special Snowflake Badge - Allows custom typecast
    Daraius Shevat (Male Motherpupper Demigod)
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Salome said:
    Daraius said:
    Daraius Shevat (Male Motherpupper Demigod)
    Don't be ridiculous. He'd just make it say (Male Loboshigaru Demigod).
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Male Dynastic Demigod

Upgrades to the manse profession rooms that reduce balance/eq costs while in them.

Torc of Empowering - Allows you to do a repeatable command multiple times. For instance, you could ENCHANT RING WITH 10  LEVITATE (or whatever), and it will add 10 charges of Levitate (or whatever), and cause you to go off-eq for an extended time (but still shorter than 10 times doing it one by one).
  • That last one really shouldn't be an artifact. It should just be put into the game. But well, better than nothing, I guess.

• Divine Design Tome

Owner sets it to a specific trade, able to show off designs to reader that owner has access to.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• This may have been mentioned but I would absolutely love a rune or a seal which makes letters perm. <3
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Dylara said:
    Divine Design Tome

Owner sets it to a specific trade, able to show off designs to reader that owner has access to.
    Isn't there an envoy report for that, too?

We really need envoy reports to progress again at some point. :(
  • Xenthos said:
    Dylara said:
    Divine Design Tome

Can we just please have it? :(

I feel so awkward pastebinning to people because there's literally no other efficient way to do this. :(

• edited June 2016
    Dylara said:
    Xenthos said:
    Dylara said:
    Divine Design Tome

Can we just please have it? :(

I feel so awkward pastebinning to people because there's literally no other efficient way to do this. :(
    ----------------------------------
    I remember Nariah used to keep a journal to loan out, I did too, but it got tedious to update, especially if there were multiple new designs flowing in. An artie version/official function would be nice!

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Diadem of Aetheric Focus - A new argument is added to Teleport so that it is no longer a channeled ability, and instead creates a significant balance/eq loss when you reach your destination, is stopped by stun or sleep, and costs an additional 1 power. TELEPORT <target> FOCUS
  • Daraius said:
    I really, really, really love this idea.  50db?  100db?

Separate but related, I would also like to see the typecast replace the adjective before one's race in the description.  Not every loboshigaru is ferocious, not every human is ordinary, et cetera.

Perhaps the artifact could do both?

• edited July 2016
    From some pages back:

Upgrade to the Figurine rune - Have the figurine rune act as level 40 at the time of offering, regardless of actual level. Perhaps also miniaturization as well.
  • Not a new artifact idea, but could jewellery curio packages be added to the artifact shop? :D