Artifact Ideas

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    You can buy more bins with dingbats can't you?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited May 2016
    CAN YOU? :O Holy crap.

EDIT: Damn, just manse shops.

o Miniature Shop Bin (10 dingbats)
      - ***THIS ARTIFACT ONLY WORKS IN A MANSE SHOP THAT YOU OWN***
      - ***MANSE SHOPS CAN NEVER GO OVER 15 BINS***
      - Adds one bin to your manse shop (up to 8 bins).
      - Use ACTIVATE <gem>
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    As long as it doesn't bypass pfifth like certain other wonderwand items

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Rivius said:
    How about an artifact mic. You can DROP MIC <DIR> and you drop your mic, make an exit and everyone in that room is stunned for 1 second.
    Only if you must first win a debate.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sylandra said:
    This might not even be possible, but I'd definitely pay to have more bins in shops. Bins are amazing and it saddens me that we're limited to 7.
      - Use ACTIVATE <gem>
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    RIP city shop bins. So un-loved. </3
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    This might not even be possible, but I'd definitely pay to have more bins in shops. Bins are amazing and it saddens me that we're limited to 7.
    You're an addict.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Sylandra said:
    There is a dingbat item to create new bins for aethershops (10db each, I think, up to 15 total shop bins?)

It would be cool if there was a gold equivalence option for city shops, though!

• edited May 2016
    Gilded Prism (+250cr?) upgrades gilded mirror to include neuter gender. 
    Stocktaking Tome (100cr?) allows you to SHOPLOG from outside the stockroom. Linked to a specific shop.
    An artefact that lets you control two shop modules at once (2k?) (I'd pay lots and lots of credits to be able to viably do some solo aethershipstuff)
    Currency Converter (5k) Lets you turn any special (and unsticky) currency into credits. Start your own stock exchange business!

ETA: Believe me, I know every reason why that last one is a terrible idea already ;) It's brainstorming fodder, nothing more.
  • An upgrade to the figurine rune ( 300 total credits, 175 upgrade) - makes it so that the figurine acts as level 40, regardless of actual level, at time of offering.

I would also love influence runes for amnesty and village influencing.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Artifact to recharge astral nodes would be good. As a courtesy to the people who come after and so you don't have to wait when people overdrain.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Shaddus said:
    Maybe powerlogs should list what node power is linked from, so we can track down who drains nodes.
    I'd find this useful even for myself. I have a reasonable idea how much power is in each layer (200-250ish), and the universal message between nodes makes it easy to lose track unless you take careful notes on the timestamps between nodes.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Ciaran said:
    An artifact that lets you increase your karma pool. Perhaps lower level makes max karma 150%, and higher level 200%.
    Maybe we can call it karma chameleon to match the karma iguana.
  • The ideas come and go, they come and go.
  • Not really a new artifact, but a combined gender bubble switch & dagger of reincarnation for 150 cr?
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • edited May 2016
    Sylandra said:
    CAN YOU? :O Holy crap.

EDIT: Damn, just manse shops.

- Use ACTIVATE <gem>
    A little behind the play, but the Divine are usually willing to consider adding an artifact expansion to a city or guild shop or room for the appropriate price (I think a 250 item expansion for a city shop costs something like 1 million gold, if I am not mistaken?)  Also I was told in the past that they would put stasis gems down in certain guild rooms, again when I checked, the price was set at 1 million gold, so it makes sense that adding extra bins would not be out of the realm of possibility - worst that happens, they say no.  Can't hurt to ask.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I would pay for a master painting seal. Same price as a master sketch seal, makes a painting non-decay and indestructible. Exhibits as normal, critiquing/removal resets it to the owner's inventory.

• Lavinya said:
    I would pay for a master painting seal. Same price as a master sketch seal, makes a painting non-decay and indestructible. Exhibits as normal, critiquing/removal resets it to the owner's inventory.
    Personally I think such a seal should be a little cheaper, given that a master sketch seal makes it so that you only need one copy of a sketch instead of 4, plus art made from a sealed sketch lasts 50% longer.  Maybe make them 10-12 credits.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Not a new idea, but a change to a current artifact.

The Concealment Stake artifact (hides an exit in a manse) - I would like this to make an exit a protected exit instead. Something like say a password or touch an object or even allow permissions to access that exit.

As it stands, paying 50credits to hide an exit that can be done with via a few hundred gold is just not worth it. Now, if the stake permission-protected the exit, I would be more than happy to pay 50cr for that.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Technically you can already permission protect entrances using doors and door perms. And can conceal entrances with tapestries. I really don't know what the point of the stake is at all. For people who like blowing cash?

• Lavinya said:
    Technically you can already permission protect entrances using doors and door perms. And can conceal entrances with tapestries. I really don't know what the point of the stake is at all. For people who like blowing cash?
    tapestries is what I was referring to when I said 'via a few hundred gold'. And I forgot about doors for permissions. I was mainly looking for the special exit creation more than anything.
    Or we could change the concealment stake to make people in that room unscryable/seekable.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Or we could change the concealment stake to make people in that room unscryable/seekable.
    Doesn't the Privacy Gem already do this?

---
    While not exactly artifacts, but a changes: I would love if most of the clothing artifacts (boots of astral jumping, etc) were runes to allow more freedom in designing things.
    Ayisdra said:
    Shaddus said:
    Doesn't the Privacy Gem already do this?

---
    While not exactly artifacts, but a changes: I would love if most of the clothing artifacts (boots of astral jumping, etc) were runes to allow more freedom in designing things.

So far as I know, a privacy gem only protects from eavesdropping via stealth, listening via bond/tracking dog, and so on
  • BUMP!

Looking for artie ideas. Feel free to go back through this thread and re-post your favorite ideas!

• edited June 2016
    Infinite Chemantics/Woods resources.

Like we have obsidian runestones for infinite runes, but instead you could buy infinite incindiary/opiate/pyrrhic/whateverthelastoneis for your flask. Same for all the other woodchems. 

We just go through them so fast. :(