Artifact Ideas

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Steingrim said:
    The artifact suggestion isn't a poor one. Personally, I feel like it should be a QoL (quality of life) change added to cone/link which would let all guardians use it...with or without artifact.

As to the people fixing on the x nodes in an hour, clearly they weren't maxed if lowered to motes in such short time.

Breandryn, you paid for an artifact, of course you can use it and like most other people you're probably going to use it quite a bit at first. In time you'll tire of astral and move on...and someone else will be up there bashing. You're probably better linking power to the nexus and finding other hunting spots. Better in the sense of it being more efficient. We can see if that is the case and if there are other areas you may enjoy more.
    Actually if you are set up to bash well, with coning it's really not hard to drain 3-4 nodes from full to motes within an hour.

I'll reiterate that I think it'd be a nice QoL change that would help everyone, allowing coning (and the arti) to toggle between super power draw, or a normal 2 power per link.

Edit for more detail: It takes 25 cone links to take a node from crackling to motes, as opposed to 125 with regular draw (note, each link draws 2 power).
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maybe nodes need to start holding more power at once :star:
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited November 2016
    For the record, it just took me a little under 6 minutes to nexuslink Aries from crackling to motes. The bashing was easy - I realised  I wasn't even deffed halfway through and continued on without them - and honestly quite boring. I'm also not a guardian so it is entirely conceivable for one person to link everything to motes in one hour.

Edit: I also only got a whole 88k essence from it which is honestly nothing.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    A couple of hours and either a guardian link/cone or the artifact and you can completely flatline Astral.

Considering what the request was for means spreading out the wealth of end game bashable mobs (of which there really aren't that many to begin with) I don't see the reason to object.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited November 2016
    Maybe someone should just envoy this option for both the cone/link skills and the artifact.

Have Project F get on it

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Project F?
  • Haha Synk you're such a troll <3

Well played
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
    edited November 2016
    He's not wrong though. This is the sort of thing an envoy can suggest, like one of the ones who rarely ever submit a report could do.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I just got a needle for tattooing. Kinda figured it would speed up lifting ink as well, which I don't believe it does. Would that be something able to be added onto a needle, or a separate artifact?
  • Qendyl said:
    I just got a needle for tattooing. Kinda figured it would speed up lifting ink as well, which I don't believe it does. Would that be something able to be added onto a needle, or a separate artifact?
    Honestly, +1 to anything that makes tattooing more attractive, thus increasing the number of people crazy altruistic enough to put credits into that trade.
  • Versalean said:
    Qendyl said:
    I just got a needle for tattooing. Kinda figured it would speed up lifting ink as well, which I don't believe it does. Would that be something able to be added onto a needle, or a separate artifact?
    Honestly, +1 to anything that makes tattooing more attractive, thus increasing the number of people crazy altruistic enough to put credits into that trade.
    300 credits for a needle, should speed up both, imo
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited November 2016
    I could have sworn my lifting and inking times were equally sped up with the needle.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Venus Flower (100cr)

Put it in your Crow's nest and it will replenish your carrion to full each weave.

Canopy Extension (200cr)

Allows you to store an extra 100 carrion in your Crow's nest.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    A potato-gun!
    Gives a % chance to stun/shieldstun enemies when attacked. 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    A potato-gun!
    Gives a % chance to stun/shieldstun enemies when attacked. 
    Maybe an aethersuit module, upgradeable to potato-cannon?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Rivius said:
    Rune of the Lumberjack: Allows one to perform the CHOP verbs with any cutting-edge weapon.
    I like this one.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I've been mulling over the idea of having an artifact/item that would allow you to have a second beast with you. You probably shouldn't be able to use the 2. beast for much (and handling it's feedbag should probably be automatic while it's only your second beast). Maybe it could give a minor boost to your first beasts bashing attacks or something, my main reason for wanting this, is because I love the various beasts I have but I never actually get to take them for a spin, because using my pet is just the more convienent and sensible route.

Maybe something you attach to your main beast which turns it into a 'pack leader'?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    I've been mulling over the idea of having an artifact/item that would allow you to have a second beast with you. You probably shouldn't be able to use the 2. beast for much (and handling it's feedbag should probably be automatic while it's only your second beast). Maybe it could give a minor boost to your first beasts bashing attacks or something, my main reason for wanting this, is because I love the various beasts I have but I never actually get to take them for a spin, because using my pet is just the more convienent and sensible route.

Maybe something you attach to your main beast which turns it into a 'pack leader'?
    Could have pack slots? The pack leader is the one that you use for everything, while the others are just to be there, can buy more pack slots to have more out at the same time.

Make swapping the leader something that takes a while with equilibrium and can only be done when you can be masochistic? Maybe offering some convenience (i.e, it'd be faster than dismissing and summoning a different pet, but limited so that it doesn't become a tactic in battle)
  • Is there an artifact feedbag? If so, have the pack thing let you set custom feeding options. If not, artifact feedbag! 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Could always make it so only one beast can be ordered to use abilities while the others can be summoned as pure entourage. I'm a bit the same, I have multiple beasts but I generally only use one and the others are pretty too and should be paraded about!

Clangorum's stein of sobering brew - Instantly cures your current alcohol status, usable once per IG month.

• It would be awesome if clipboards let you enter the news remotely as well.
  • So, as it's holiday season, we're all reflecting on how great it is to be able to stay indoors. So how about some festive artefacts:

Miniature Wheel
    - lets you spend Czigany coins from the safety and seclusion of your aethermanse.
    Aetheric Voting Card - lets you accrue vote weight from the safety and seclusion of your aethermanse.
    Meditation Mat - lets you accrue experience from the safety and seclusion of your aethermanse

:smiley:

• No, you can't have any more reasons to stay in a manse :frowning:
  • edited December 2016
    Kistan said:

Lesser Rune of Billy-No-Mates - boosts xp and gold if you are the only one of your city  and/or guild on prime and 10+ are in their aethermanses
    This would quadruple credit sales in month one. Well played.

Similarly:

Lesser Rune of the Lone Warrior - directly increases your stats, proportionate to the number of raiders whilst you are the only online in your City. Extra bonus if it is just you + newbies.
  • Veyils said:
    No, you can't have any more reasons to stay in a manse :frowning:
    PN4LYFE
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Aethergoop makes presents much less exciting. Higher value since I'm not getting useless commodities, but not nearly as much fun. To fix that, I'd like to see some present-only artifacts get thrown in the mix. Make it a decent chance to get one of them instead of goop, but probably keep them out of ultimate presents so they can keep their high value.

Suggested unique things:

-Set of present-only dolls. Just buffing the chance of getting a doll at all compared to aethergoop would be nice, actually. I like dolls.

-Wearable items with special nouns. Mostly as a vessel for customizations that can use that noun. I'd really love to see generic armor that can be masterplated but customized to look like any type of armor instead of just plate.

-Along that line, customizable sculpture furniture piece.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Allow us to make pipe and vial runes out of goop.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.