Artifact Ideas

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Sure.
    Ring of Rubeus. 
    Gives the wearer the rubeus defence similar to the timeslip watch when rubbed. Exact clone, no particular cap on uses.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Breandryn said:
    Gem of Powermastery

- Allows user to transfer power to the gem from personal reserves
    - Power can be drained from gem to a city nexus
    - Power can be drained from gem to another player (like energylink without the waste)

Maybe include a gold sink option for players to buy power for absurd amounts of money. Think of the whole market this could create! People farming power to sell (mostly to @Lavinya).
    Dear god make this a thing.

Want to funnel excess reserves into the Nexus.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Rune of the Changeling (300cr?)

Causes your class weapon to change as you flex. So my thornvine would automatically turn into a cudgel as I switched between Wyrdenwood and Druidry.
  • Rune of acrobatics, gives the user the skills of contort.
  • This has probably been suggested and knocked down. But. I would LOVE an arena in my manse. Pretty please? Or a way to utilise the arena so that I can spar someone without time limitations, or set it up like a duel entirely? 
  • Karlach said:
    Breandryn said:
    Gem of Powermastery

- Allows user to transfer power to the gem from personal reserves
    - Power can be drained from gem to a city nexus
    - Power can be drained from gem to another player (like energylink without the waste)

Maybe include a gold sink option for players to buy power for absurd amounts of money. Think of the whole market this could create! People farming power to sell (mostly to @Lavinya).
    Dear god make this a thing.

Want to funnel excess reserves into the Nexus.
    Perhaps an artifact that works with/enhances the skill that lets you give power to other players, thus letting you give power to the nexus. perhaps with a cap that can be lifted if you own teh artifact or ability to cone?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited January 2017
    This has probably been suggested and knocked down. But. I would LOVE an arena in my manse. Pretty please? Or a way to utilise the arena so that I can spar someone without time limitations, or set it up like a duel entirely? 
    If this arti was made I'd feel morally obligated to shell out money for it.

Edit: And it's just a coincidence that my arena map is shaped like a penis.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Ink pads to change stamp colour. 10cr for each colour, one time use.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tremula said:
    Ink pads to change stamp colour. 10cr for each colour, one time use.
    Maybe an artifact to attach to a stamp, one that allows you to change the colour.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Artifact sigils (mono, palm, flame) are a great idea, non-decay health/protection scrolls also. Decay sucks.

More goop reskins!

• edited January 2017
    What about special implements/weapons?

No extra effects or anything they'd mainly just give you different lines (shouldn't matter once they're identified and added in to systems), and access to unavailable keywords for customisation.
    Maybe even a different death sight on damage death?

Effectively a weapon skin, could charge more for ones that have in built special effects.

EDIT: 

Ooooh, a bottle of shifting inks.
    The bottle stores one tattoo set up, you can use the bottle once a month to restore your tattoos to that config. This overwrites whatever is currently on you, and the only way to restore it would be to get them tattooed again or have a bottle containing that config.

edit2: The weapon skins suggested should be "exotic" to some degree, like... i haven't seen their lines but giving a scythe option for cavalier could be cool maybe?  Like skewer might end up with you ramming the scythe into them and then slicing them in half. 

BTs obviously would want one as well, might even be able to make it count for both? 
  • Oh, @Estarra what about the multi-beast artifact?

Lets you have an additional beast out of the stable, but only your primary beast is active.

It's nice for rp as you can have the extra beasts around the play with at once, and swapping between them could have a shorter delay than dismissing and summoning a new beast, maybe even no delay if you can be masochistic. Maybe you can feed them as well which might be handy for raising them. 
  • Lavinya said:
    Artifact sigils (mono, palm, flame) are a great idea, non-decay health/protection scrolls also. Decay sucks.

More goop reskins!

Rune of the Eternal sigils could be more common maybe?

• Tylwyth said:
    Lavinya said:

More goop reskins!

Rune of the Eternal sigils could be more common maybe?

Goop rekin for the doctoral tam please :)
  • Since I've been giving sweet coding love to Yephy, a few things that I'd find tempting:

Arti that makes your beast follow you even when you are forcibly moved/jump/tumble/etc. (Basically just binds your pet to you).

Arti that reduces beast balance to 8s.

Arti that halves the ego cost of beast abilities. (Like the mana equivalent)

Arti that lets you see your beasts location by vnum. (Like the magic map, but for your beast)
  • Ciaran said:
    Since I've been giving sweet coding love to Yephy, a few things that I'd find tempting:

Arti that makes your beast follow you even when you are forcibly moved/jump/tumble/etc. (Basically just binds your pet to you).

Arti that reduces beast balance to 8s.

Arti that halves the ego cost of beast abilities. (Like the mana equivalent)

Arti that lets you see your beasts location by vnum. (Like the magic map, but for your beast)
    For the last, Malach currently tells me where he is if I ask, could probably just have that react report the vnum as well?
  • When I asked I was refused this functionality.
    Reduction on beast balance will cause a fair few combat balance issues.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Can you name one?

It would be nice, but it won't somehow unlock something that wasn't doable before.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2017
    Yes, beast curing.

EDIT: BONUS ROOOUND: Beast healing. Beast spit. Hypnotic Gaze. Beast gust. 

Hypothetical related idea: Let me use all my cures twice as fast. This is nice, and doesn't unlock something not doable before. 

Ciaran said:
    Can you name one?

It would be nice, but it won't somehow unlock something that wasn't doable before.
    Add to Enyalida's list above, ascendant beast powers.

Faster focus curing alone should be a no though.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Yarith said:
    I'm not sure if this exists but I'd love an artifacted scroll of healing or some way to nondecay it. 
    Isn't this sort of half of the bookbinding magictome?
  • edited January 2017
    Luce said:
    Yarith said:
    I'm not sure if this exists but I'd love an artifacted scroll of healing or some way to nondecay it. 
    Isn't this sort of half of the bookbinding magictome?

Doesn't have the absorb thing, but yea simple normal non decay scrolls would be nice. Not just healing throw in protection, disrupt etc.
  • Enyalida said:
    Yes, beast curing.
    You know beast curing doesn't exist right?
    Ciaran said:
    Enyalida said:
    Yes, beast curing.
    You know beast curing doesn't exist right?
    I assume she means the focus curing.

• The Endowment of the Master Artisan (auction artifact) unlock an additional tradeskill after using The Endowment of the Arts. [Yes, we know the Beauty Seal is a thing, we also know that no one with one needs to bid on it and some with one would as well].
    So people can have 5 trades active?

I feel we're in the realms of overkill.

• Key of the Colossi -lets you use a Colossi in standard PvP battle.
    Chain of the Colossi-lets you combine your Colossus with up to four others who also have the Chain to form a MegaColossus.

Always wanted to do more with a Colossi.
    Org based costume arti's.  2 per org. To avoid making one seem more important to an org do a somewhat random name.  Have Delta and Gamma stole that you can costumize to your current org by touching lit like prayer beads. Each would have a list of what it would turn into a for an org.
    Maybe the Delta stole would do all the first ones on this list and the gamma all the second: 
    A Crow and Shadow for glom.
    A Stag and [Moon?] for Seren.
    Not really sure about teh cities outside of Celest and maybe mags having a Demon.
    An Air Elemental and Gem Halli. 
    A Fire Elemental and [Fleshbeast?] for Gaudi.
    A Water Elemental and Angel for Celest.
    An Earth Elemental and Demon for mags.

• @Estarra An artifact that allows you to completely remove your entire history of relations, marriage and children, but leave your divorce count visible. It could only be bought once per character, and you couldn't go back and revert it.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.