Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Ixion said:
    Bring your drama here so quickly, why don't you.

I was enemied to Hallifax for a BS reason, by you. I personally have always been fond of Hallifax, but you made me an enemy. Your complaints are a result of your own actions.

It is a lot easier playing nice in the sandbox than making new enemies, especially while questing.
    So like, we didn't even provoke/talk to you when you logged in on top of a quest mob, but you took it upon yourself to go ahead and kill it AND the personal servants of Zvoltz (again), all while acting like, well, yourself. Idk how we're supposed to react. Are we supposed to pat you on the head and keep giving Ixion diplomatic immunity for being tight with Zvoltz? e.e

• Danquik said:
    You must mean like how when I was doing my Epic, Hallifax players were doing the quest to keep the dracnari encampment killed off. I would attribute it as a one off, but it has happened to everyone I have seen doing their Epic in Gaudiguch.

I admit I do this. Sometimes if I notice a Gaudi doing their epic I won't, though. If you want, you can message me to stop.
  • It makes sense from an RP perspective to mess up the other orgs quests I've been told by hallifaxian players specifically.

I mean I get oocly its a bit of a dick move to keep doing it over and over again, Its not hard to mess up the epic quests and murdering the dracnari camp or the other stuff is pretty easy to do to counter a long quest chain someones done.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2016
    It's one thing to kill quest mobs to frustrate enemies. It's another to kill quest mobs to frustrate enemies, get enemied, then continuously send them long paragraphs about why they're stupid, reckless, YOU'RE THE REASON WHY ZVOLTZ LEFT, you shouldn't enemy me ever because I'm the guy that found Zvoltz, me, Ixion!

It's a huge load.

• edited December 2016
    Really my point was just that quest 'griefing' is a thing every org has done/still does and being 'shocked' by it or expecting anything other than a finger-pointing contest on the forums is a silly stance.

My response, was also mostly to Orventa's post. Though in part to Falmiis, but only in the sense of the actual quest griefing. The whole poop-emoji-talking in tells is well, a thing some players do. You sort of learn to expect it from certain players
  • I'll also note that people farm the mirror quest on the regular for vernal curio pieces, not to grief Gaudiguch. Not saying it isn't a thing to kill off nomad/mesa just to stunt Gaudiguch, but 90% of the time that's the reason.

• It's pretty obvious when the quest is not being done, but then the epic is happening in Gaudiguch and suddenly the quest is done as daily as it can be. Let's not pretend we are to stupid to tell the difference please.
  • Image result for taylor swift ok gif

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Ah, Tweets. I was wondering when the passive aggressive horseshit would make a comeback.

/sips hot cocoa
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Maligorn said:
    Ixion said:
    Bring your drama here so quickly, why don't you.

I was enemied to Hallifax for a BS reason, by you. I personally have always been fond of Hallifax, but you made me an enemy. Your complaints are a result of your own actions.

It is a lot easier playing nice in the sandbox than making new enemies, especially while questing.
    So like, we didn't even provoke/talk to you when you logged in on top of a quest mob, but you took it upon yourself to go ahead and kill it AND the personal servants of Zvoltz (again), all while acting like, well, yourself. Idk how we're supposed to react. Are we supposed to pat you on the head and keep giving Ixion diplomatic immunity for being tight with Zvoltz? e.e
    There's no need to be selective in your memory.

I logged in and saw you all there, yes. I then checked my enemy statuses and realized the petty enemy status to the Collective was not removed. We spoke previously (over a month ago, at least) about the enemy statuses, and you set the guild/planar ones to expire, but the Hallifax one was not cleared. I made no aggressive action for more than double the time you said to wait (and amnesty on the other ones to expire), yet the Hallifax status remained.

Hey, that's fine, but you can't have it both ways. If you (and Falmiis) want to make me an enemy because I had to declare to bypass the scry mindfield artifact and some traps incidentally hit, fine. Also, for the record, the Silver Dynodeon was slain today after I was enemied to Zvoltz (while amusingly bearing His favour), not before.

• That's cool Ixion. You can have your tantrums all you like, or get super vindictive and "try to teach us a lesson" over an enemy status, but that's not how you engender positive feelings towards your character. Just fyi. The enemy status just becomes more permanent with each "you're the reason Zvoltz left" rhetorics and dynodeon slain.

• edited December 2016
    As much as I like hearing about the gossip. Falmiss brought it up on tweets Ixion responded. You guys can do your little ingame RP thing and hate each other IG and you dont need to make it an OOC personal issue.
  • I didn't name anyone on purpose. Not every tweet needs to be turned into an argument.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Wait, right. This IS tweets, and not rants. Okay. I thought I was lost for a second there.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Eritheyl said:
    Wait, right. This IS tweets, and not rants. Okay. I thought I was lost for a second there.
    Home of angry, irrational, reactive defensive posts that make people look like condescending pillocks. 

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited December 2016
    Danquik said:
    Really my point was just that quest 'griefing' is a thing every org has done/still does and being 'shocked' by it or expecting anything other than a finger-pointing contest on the forums is a silly stance.

My response, was also mostly to Orventa's post. Though in part to Falmiis, but only in the sense of the actual quest griefing. The whole poop-emoji-talking in tells is well, a thing some players do. You sort of learn to expect it from certain players
    All I can say is I'm sorry it happened to you too. At the time, there was this sort of unspoken agreement where we'd take turns between the orgs to finish the epic, I think. The people who were griefing us weren't even Gaudis. Everything was still new. It's been 6+? years since I completed it. I'm sure in that time, it's become more rp conflict centric acceptable as a reason for some people to do so.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
    IIRC wasn't the Gaudi/Halli epic the one that got ruined by curio farmers for a while?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maligorn said:
    That's cool Ixion. You can have your tantrums all you like, or get super vindictive and "try to teach us a lesson" over an enemy status, but that's not how you engender positive feelings towards your character. Just fyi. The enemy status just becomes more permanent with each "you're the reason Zvoltz left" rhetorics and dynodeon slain.
    "More permanent"

How does that work? Do you keep a list of everything he does, and then mark one off every time he helps you out, and he's an enemy until it balances?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Maligorn said:
    That's cool Ixion. You can have your tantrums all you like, or get super vindictive and "try to teach us a lesson" over an enemy status, but that's not how you engender positive feelings towards your character. Just fyi. The enemy status just becomes more permanent with each "you're the reason Zvoltz left" rhetorics and dynodeon slain.
    "More permanent"

How does that work? Do you keep a list of everything he does, and then mark one off every time he helps you out, and he's an enemy until it balances?

I thought thats how most orgs do enemy lists?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited December 2016
    Falmiis said:
    I didn't name anyone on purpose. Not every tweet needs to be turned into an argument.
    Does this excuse even work?  I can probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of times someone has done a "rant tweet with no names" and not had the person they were talking about respond.  It seems to have a tweet->argument ratio of greater than 99%.

Edit: In short, if you post on forums, someone will probably reply to you!  It is, after all, what forums are designed to do (have conversations).
    Veyils said:
    Shaddus said:
    Maligorn said:
    "More permanent"

I thought thats how most orgs do enemy lists?
    No, most orgs just decide how much in gold it's worth to forget someone's BS. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Just a quick thing on the subject of "farming." Farming involves doing work. You till, you sew, you water, you wait, and only then do you reap.

If you're not the one clearing the mirror armies out of the mesa/nomad camp, but instead you wait for others to do this for you, before swooping in to negate their 2 hours of effort in 10 minutes, that's not "farming," that's closer to theft.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Oh ok I thought it was usally do x quest or get x power or be a good boy for x amount of time to get unenemied
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Veyils said:
    Oh ok I thought it was usally do x quest or get x power or be a good boy for x amount of time to get unenemied
    In Glom it's "Be good for x amount of time and then we'll discuss your fine".
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    In Serenwilde it's "If you are from Glom, Mag, or Gaudi you cannot be unenemied unless the enemy status was applied in error." 
    edited December 2016
    For Hallifax (or for myself and character at least), I understand that Ixion wants to be an ally of the Collective and to pass freely through its borders, because Morgfyre and Zvoltz are close in some way. Heck, Ixion and Zvoltz are close. But with the Ashtariel event, Ixion has been behaving like a textbook enemy in more ways than just some PK declare dispute. So, yes, I do like to think we'd be willing to discuss his status with him, but he is continuously condescending and very obviously withholding information about his behavior, so...

It's difficult to reconcile. It's certainly pretty annoying to be told "you enemied me, so me acting like an enemy is ENTIRELY ON YOU" when he was very much against Hallifax before even being enemied...and also proving he doesn't take responsibility for his own actions. His status is deserved, but I think it's decidedly impermanent if he himself deigns to "play nice in the sandbox" or whatever.

On an entirely different (well, I guess not entirely) note: I definitely have handed out some rage-enemyings before (ixion not included). How they react really does determine if I overturn the status, give it an expiration, or let it remain. If they rage and scream and try to demean me in a toxic manner, or start raiding, (edit: or toss some shade on the forums without opening any lines of IC communication) then it stays. If they express annoyance and offer some form of proof/logic/reasoning, it gets an expiration. If they're at least some degree of diplomatic and prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they don't deserve the status, then it gets overturned (or given a nominal fine). Not a huge deal.

edit 2: bolded for smartassery.

Enyalida said:
    In Serenwilde it's "If you are from Glom, Mag, or Gaudi you cannot be unenemied unless the enemy status was applied in error." 
    Not necessarily, I had Seren status removed while in Glom just to see if I could get away with it.

Then promptly reearned it soon after.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited December 2016
    When? Someone done goofed. The official procedure involves checking if they're a member of an enemy nation and not removing the status if they are, so /shrug city. 
    edited December 2016
    I'm also a firm believer in fines that aren't gold fines, since gold fines are so trivial. Cloudy essence, offerings, or whatever else is definitely the way to go.

EDIT: inb4 some dingus tries to call me a hypocrite about Lavinya's terms e.e

edited December 2016
    Maligorn - (edit: or toss some shade on the forums without opening any lines of IC communication)

Man. And here I thought there was supposed to be some kinda separation between IC and OOC.
This discussion has been closed.