Absence Thread

Comments

• I, for one, am horribly insulted. Terribly so.
  • Will be going away for three weeks, pretty much the whole of November. Yearly military refresher course in the jungle, so even if I get access to the internet, probably won't be spending much time in game.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Lerad said:
    Will be going away for three weeks, pretty much the whole of November. Yearly military refresher course in the jungle, so even if I get access to the internet, probably won't be spending much time in game.
    Yessss, @Lerad. Bring down the suspicious Jojobo folks.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• After I handle some administrative things IG tonight, I'll be dealing with a few issues that require travel and an otherwise focused mind. Lusternia is going to have to take a seat further in the back for a few days while I wrap stuff up, so only logging in to check up on the place 'til the weekend if all goes well.

No setting things on fire while my attention is elsewhere! Also no kicking the Megalith. Lookin' at you, @Ixion.
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
  • So, I leave early Saturday for a week long work trip, then I'm off to see family for the week of Thanksgiving. I might be in and out, or I might be completely gone. We shall see!
  • I have finals and thanksgiving holiday to look forward to, and I'll be in and out over the course of three weeks or so.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • I'm off to a conference till Wednesday. The hostel has free WLAN but I'm not sure how much time I'll have.  

But raves for the conference. I've already been there last year and have been looking forward to this year's since then. It's basically all about games, game studies, Serious Games, game ethics etc. And one of the keynotes has the title 'Systems and Sensibility'. How cool is that? 
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Started a retreat today, will be at it until Wednesday. Internet is spotty, but I'll try to be around almost every day. If I suddenly stop responding, I probably lost my connection.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I am currently in the business of moving heaven and earth and so will be scarce for another week or two.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Traveling for te holiday. .My internet will be spotty so I won't be around much,
  • Sorry I haven't been around, I wanted to fix my sleep schedule and get my workout routine back on track. It took longer than I thought it would but I've got those in order and, combined with actually keeping myself hydrated, I feel like a person again so I should be back soon, possibly today after I get off work. @Rancoura @Edith @Salome
  • Sorry to all the people I am RPing with.
    Seems like my instructor and I had a slight misunderstanding and it turned out that my algorithm actually needs to do an additional task. And I still have to write a paper about everything, once it works. So till the end of next week, I am swamped with code and papers and only be only online sporadically and probably not RPing very much.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited November 2016
    Ashiya said:
    Sorry I haven't been around, I wanted to fix my sleep schedule and get my workout routine back on track. It took longer than I thought it would but I've got those in order and, combined with actually keeping myself hydrated, I feel like a person again so I should be back soon, possibly today after I get off work. @Rancoura @Edith @Salome
    I thought we'd lost you, @Ashiya. Glad to hear you might be coming back! 

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• My computer is suffering from a tragic case of beer in circuitry. We are currently in wait and dry mode before ordering new insides. I may be somewhat scarce in the meantime.
  • As mentioned in general dissatisfaction , am in hospital yet again, though they seem to have narrowed it down to a viral infection (at one point they thought it might be meningitis and had to do a lumbar puncture x.x)

Not sure when i will be out. could be today, could be another day or so.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • edited November 2016
    GOING AWOL
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I've fallen into a bit of a depression lately (no, I don't need help, I'll get over it), which is mostly why I've been scarce in-game, aside from generally being busy.

I'll probably continue being scarcer than usual, but letters and messages go a long way. I'll try to check them regularly.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

The closer we get to Christmas, the more frantic things get. I'll be around, but more unpredictably.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• While not really absent, but more just sporadic on my times around, and may seem a little out of it sometimes while I am online. Had my first seizure(not my first ever) since I had brain surgery last year. Not exactly sure what's all going to happen with this, but have doctor visits and MRIs and blah blah blah. So yeah
  • I hope everything works out for you :( 
  • I've gotten good pvp and RP in the last few days, so... Thanks to everyone involved the beast is now saturated! 

And so it shall crawl back to its cave :)

But, no. There's a quite eventful week before me, I'll be less available. Might even go MIA for a couple of days, till 29th of December.
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Christmas is hours away for me! Other than perhaps stopping by the day after Christmas, I will be MIA until the new year thanks to a family camping trip. The beach is calling!

To all of you who celebrate it, have a Merry Christmas or a lovely holiday season, may Ironbeard be generous, and the solstice gnomes plentiful. <3

• I will be gone/possibly be about for short times due to travelling between my parents, bf's parents and our home tomorrow, and then a busy week.
    To echo Lavinya, for those who celebrate it, have a lovely Christmas / holiday!
  • Was away obviously for Christmas, I am making my way home, will grab a relaxing bath to de stress then time for some Lusternia :D
    Away for the week making the Great Family Trip across three states, so I'll be on sporadically, but not with any regularity.

Going to be ducking in and out over the next two days, totally gonezo for two days (except for potentially a little late at night) as I travel halfway across the country, then sporadic until say... Tues the 10th as I travel BACK part of that distance for my best friend's birthday. 
  • I'm still recovering from something and I return to work Tuesday,  may be scarce still for a couple more days.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Did my insane long day of driving yesterday. Going to do a much shorter day of driving today and tomorrow. Will probably be around a bit today and tomorrow and sporadically over the next few days.