General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ayisdra said:
    Daraius said:
    You'd think the insurance company would know, yes?
    Insurance, yes. But being able to tell the hospital that? I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some law that prevented your insurance from sharing if you have meet your deductible or not.
      There aren't in pharmacy. Hell, you give me enough HIPAA identifiers and call from a doctor's office or hospital I'll quote you right out of the contract, tell you what's deductable and what isn't, tell you what's left on Out of Pocket and point you in the direction of anything I can think of to get that cost down.

@daraius Speaking of, as long as she's not on Medica*, FEP, or Tricare, make sure you ask about copay assistance for any drugs she needs, a lot of manufacturers (read: most of them that aren't doing pure pain relief (and even some of those)) will work with your pharmacy to get the meds at a free or sharply reduced rate. If she DOES have a government plan, there are still grants willing to help out, usually.
  • I could have sworn somebody somewhere said goop was going to drop less from the Wheel. I have determined that is untrue.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Every day, Windows 10 gives me another reason to hate it.

My office administrator is out sick on doctor's orders for the week, so I used her computer yesterday to get some stuff done on it that needed to be done. End of the day, shut it down, went home.

Today, I boot it up to continue said work, and Windows can't find her profile / won't boot it, throwing me to a useless temporary session that can't access the plethora of documents I need. Great. Still working on how to fix this, will deal with it tomorrow when I have a lot of stuff to print. I'm not worried about losing the stuff in her profile--I can live boot into a friendlier OS and backup the stuff no problem. It's just having to restore everything and fix it.

Thank goodness my office computer is running Linux Mint, my home computer and laptops run Trisquel, and I only use my Windows 10 partition at home for gaming. This thing is the most bloated, useless, broken OS I've ever used.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited February 2017
    Life sucks.
  • There is nothing I hate more than waiting for design reviews. I recognise that this is Beauty time, and that I wrote a significantly longer than usual for me design (37 lines, oi). But I always assume that I missed -something-, no matter how hard I looked (I always critique better for others than for myself). So I sit in anxiety that I screwed up something incredibly stupid, and get all twitchy and worried about it.

And nothing is more fun than worrying needlessly when you've got hormones raging in your body to make it 100% worse than usual.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    If it helps, I suspect reviewing is just as stressful, especially with long designs. You don't want to miss any important grammatical or spelling errors, just in case, especially because it's not your design. I know I feel that way even when friends ask, "Can you look at my design for me?" Heh.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    If it helps, I suspect reviewing is just as stressful, especially with long designs. You don't want to miss any important grammatical or spelling errors, just in case, especially because it's not your design. I know I feel that way even when friends ask, "Can you look at my design for me?" Heh.
    Oh, I know it's tedious to review. I've done it elsewhere before. But it still doesn't help my anxiety.
  • It's so hot down here that our aircon can't keep up and one of the managers has turned the lights off and lowered all the blinds to try to get the office cooler.
  • Tamsin said:
    There is nothing I hate more than waiting for design reviews. I recognise that this is Beauty time, and that I wrote a significantly longer than usual for me design (37 lines, oi). But I always assume that I missed -something-, no matter how hard I looked (I always critique better for others than for myself). So I sit in anxiety that I screwed up something incredibly stupid, and get all twitchy and worried about it.

And nothing is more fun than worrying needlessly when you've got hormones raging in your body to make it 100% worse than usual.
    It's Beauty time, the Charites are readying their climbing gear to tackle the incoming walls of text
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    School's got me feeling pretty beat. I can't quite get myself to commit to a daytime schedule.

And my cat is biting my arm because I'm typing this instead of petting her, so I'm typing more just to spitefully insist biting is not the answer. Ow.
  • Arix said:
    Tamsin said:
    There is nothing I hate more than waiting for design reviews. I recognise that this is Beauty time, and that I wrote a significantly longer than usual for me design (37 lines, oi). But I always assume that I missed -something-, no matter how hard I looked (I always critique better for others than for myself). So I sit in anxiety that I screwed up something incredibly stupid, and get all twitchy and worried about it.

It's Beauty time, the Charites are readying their climbing gear to tackle the incoming walls of text
    Poor Charites, I really did write a wall of text this year. That's what you've gotta do to have a chance, right? >.>
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Saran said:
    It's so hot down here that our aircon can't keep up and one of the managers has turned the lights off and lowered all the blinds to try to get the office cooler.
    *stares outside her window at the beginnings of the third(fourth?) snowstorm of the season*

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Rancoura said:
    Saran said:
    It's so hot down here that our aircon can't keep up and one of the managers has turned the lights off and lowered all the blinds to try to get the office cooler.
    *stares outside her window at the beginnings of the third(fourth?) snowstorm of the season*
    Friends in Boston were talking about the "blizzard" they had there yesterday. I asked how much snow they got. "A foot." I laughed.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited February 2017
    My real GD:

My Project Managers have been having a field day recently in giving us projects that are usually a week overdue before we even get assigned to them. I don't mind working all the overtime lately, but this morning really irked me, because it was essentially this:

Yes, you did just give me a project today with an incredibly tight deadline that I must now put aside two other already overdue projects to complete. But, no; no, I will not work overtime during my birthday weekend.

I hate that I even feel bad for refusing to do it, but can I have two days to myself? Please? For this one occasion?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• My supervisor got canned today (which was actually cause for much personal celebration) and we got forced to sit in a team meeting and listen to our GM act like it was partly(mostly) our fault but how we all need to take care of our jobs and just 'own it' while we move forward.

The whole vibe I got was that essentially until they hire someone to replace our supervisor, anything that goes wrong in the interim is going to be blamed on myself and the other senior team member.... who happens to have just started a 10 day vacation. Yeeeeeeeep. 
  • edited February 2017
    Drunk people outside in the courtyard below my apartment decided it would be fun to throw rocks up at the building. I now have a hole in my bedroom window and the apartment is getting chillier even though I've tried to patch it temporarily until tomorrow.

Also came across an old character bio/backstory that I'd written forever ago. Felt like logging into that MOO, did so, and was flooded with sadness/nostalgia because everything is there. Just no people. It's eerie running around a completely empty MUD, remembering the people you used to play with. Reading the old news posts... I was surprised the server was still running at all after all these years.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Lavinya said:
    Look up the Australian heatwave that is currently melting us. Look for maps if you can and see that a portal to hell is being opened and they had to add a new colour to the temp maps because so freaking hot. Help, send snow. 
    You're making me think of the early January day about ten years ago where I walked around at home in a bikini and shorts and felt like I was swimming through the air, the heat and humidity were so bad together. Didn't help that I lived right on a lake at the time. 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    My date has cancelled on me two Saturdays in a row. Maybe it's a sign.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    In the immortal words of Knotcast: (Spoiler for language.) [spoiler]"Don't stick your dick in crazy. Don't let crazy stick its dick in you. And DTMFA."[/spoiler]
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    We hit 45.6c today, and we didn't have the highest temp in the state. The portal to hell has opened, we now have so much smoke on the horizon from nearby bushfires. We also had a blackout for a while. Dying, so dying. Wish I could fit in the freezer.

• Ssaliss said:
    ... Remind me never to go to Australia, mmkay? You guys are either dying from spiders, snakes, crocodiles, dropbears, sharks, the desert or the heat. I'm surprised any of you are still alive.
    You forgot the floods. We alternate years. Bushfires en masse one year, floods the next. On the lucky years when both don't happen.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Message #923 sent by (system) (received: 2017/02/13 00:53:17)
       You've captured a gigantic poltergeist in a mysterious box! You have 30 days to claim it before 
    it escapes!
    < [exlr][10] | [6800|100h] [9300|100m] [100e] | [Esteem: 13] | [12120969] | []." rm 924
    Message #924 sent by (system) (received: 2017/02/13 01:10:09)
       You've captured a small poltergeist in a mysterious box! You have 30 days to claim it before it 
    escapes!
    < [exlr][10] | [6800|100h] [9300|100m] [100e] | [Esteem: 13] | [12120969] | []." 

Rollbacks suck at times T_T
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I did not miss having homework.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    My job today:

Boss 1: from now on, don't do The Thing.

Me: ok, you got it. Make sure you let Boss 2 know.

Boss 1 goes home.

Boss 2: hey, I need you to go over here and do The Thing for Worker 1.

Me: ok, but I was told by Boss 1 that I'm not supposed to do The Thing. 

Boss 2: he didn't tell me. I'll talk to him, go do The Thing for now.

Me does The Thing for Worker 1.

Worker 2: hey, I need you to do The Thing for me.

Me: I'm not supposed to do The Thing anymore.

Worker 2: Boss 2 says that you just did The Thing for Worker 1.

Me: ....sigh.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Drowning and can't find a way out.

• Approximately sixty-five more days of hating everyone and everything. Unless it's chocolate. Or pizza. Or maybe nutella pizza... mmmm. Or maybe chocolate cookies (bikkies), or... you know what. Maybe I'll go grab some chocolate. Yeah...