General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I need to get better at not letting myself get talked into doing things I actually have no desire to do. And I need to figure out that I hate doing certain things before I'm invested in them to the point that getting out of them is really, really difficult. I have this horrible fear of disappointing people, though, which feeds this cycle. I don't know why I have these moments where I value my own feelings so meanly, only for them to sneak up on me later and remind me, "Oh yeah, you hate this. Why'd you agree to this again?"
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Just spent 2 nights in hospital waiting on surgery for my fractured elbow, to now be told it's too complex an injury and I will need to be transferred elsewhere. Grrrrr. I want to do something other than sit around choking down pain killers. Working on recovery would be nice! 

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Suffered food poisoning last night. That was brutal :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I'm so sick of forms and paperwork.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Flu from someone who just couldn'st stay home when there was a company event. Been down with fever, the cough from hell and enough tissue usage that considering to buy tissue stock sounded lucrative. Rid of the fever now, still not feeling good though. May see me around here and there, but no guarantee's till I feel really back up :-/
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • So cold, so much rain, soaking wet work days suck can't wait to go home and cocoon  myself in a blankie and work on some family rp stuff.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Get well soon Aeldrar :3
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • @Vivet @Ushaara and @Asmodea don't play nearly enough.
    :(
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • edited February 2019
    -
    When you make an appointment with a student, and they vaguely adjust the time at the last minute, and suddenly you're spending several hours awkwardly waiting for someone you're 99% sure isn't coming after the first hour rolls by. In the future I'm going to give a stone cold time I'm available for the day and won't offer to make it flexible, because sitting around like this has been ridiculous. Is my time not valuable or something?

(PS: They didn't come, in the end. :( But the meeting was important so I didn't dare bail, and I have a paper trail of emails showing I made the time for them and was checking in on them and their lack of arrival, just in case.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Hm. My professors always had set "office hours" throughout the week, only some of which would accommodate extra appointments (like if a student had classes during their office hours but really needed to see them).

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Rancoura said:
    Hm. My professors always had set "office hours" throughout the week, only some of which would accommodate extra appointments (like if a student had classes during their office hours but really needed to see them).
    I more than doubled mine for him today.
    Daraius said:
  • Man, mine had set hours, if you couldn't make it, you were SOL.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

It's an unusual situation. I received an email a week ago asking for me to meet with this student and a department coordinator for his special learning needs. I assumed that I'd just make an appointment to meet with that coordinator at their department, so I gave them large windows of time to plan a meeting with me to be flexible in my email. However, it then turned into, "No, no, we'll meet you where you are, at an unspecified time in that window you gave us."

By that, I mean I received radio silence on that email for a week until the student informed me today that they'd both meet me "today after class, wherever is best for you." Cue my surprise. I assumed that meant immediately, so I gave a location and didn't press for specifics on when "after class" actually was, time-wise.

They never showed. But I didn't want to get in trouble for not being there for the window I originally gave, just in case they did. :/
    Daraius said:
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    If you ever find a good solution to this problem, let me know. I also have it, and it is irritating.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    (Also @Sylandra I love that your avatar is Subaru right now)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Rancoura said:
    (Also @Sylandra I love that your avatar is Subaru right now)
    ^+1! Loved that character!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I am sorry that you are feeling that way. I hope it gets better.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Waiting for surgery. Waiting waiting. Waiting. Waaaaaiting. Only been waiting since Sunday night and it's now Friday.What's a bit more waiting? Nerve wracking, that's what. 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Today's pharmaceutical PSA: Your pharmacy is not your case worker. Your pharmacy is not your doctor's office. Your pharmacy is not your insurance, even if they have the same name. Your retail pharmacy is not your specialty pharmacy, and we sure as hell aren't our competitors. So when your pharmacy calls and the rep asks you for information, or tells you something you've heard already, assume there's a reason, repeat and clarify yourself if needed, listen to the rep, and be polite. Please.
  • Home from the vet, couldn't get all the tests done that need to be done due to my financial situation, feel like an awful person because my dog is very obviously ill and I'm unable to pay for what he needs right now. Next week I probably could, but right now I can't.

• Spent my day at the hospital watching my dad degrade more and talking about things like hospice and power of attorney. Sorry for all the MIA. Will be around more soon...just not tonight...
  • Shaddus said:
    I keep having weird Lusternia dreams. A while back, I dreamt that IRE came up with a way to unretire characters, but you had to pay 125% of their value. I ended up unretiring Subotai because a lot of players pitched in to help pay. 

Then last night, I dreamed that I had hacked into Talan's computer and found a database of conversations of my known alts and others she suspected, and she was analysing the latter to find my alts via speech patterns. Not sure what to make of it.
    Psh, that's super easy to do.

Oh hey, a new-ish character that's ridiculously generous and exceedingly helpful to all the people he can. Hi Shaddus.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    ....crap
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • AAAAAAGH!  Apparently a piece of paperwork was missed in my visa application and my interview is in THIRTY SIX HOURS!  There is no way in NIL we can get it sent from the USA in time! T_T

The only hope I have is that the lady that contacted me from the consulate is correct in that a scanned  copy of the document will be acceptable until the original can be sent, which will take 3-7 days...
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Shaddus said:
    I keep having weird Lusternia dreams. A while back, I dreamt that IRE came up with a way to unretire characters, but you had to pay 125% of their value. I ended up unretiring Subotai because a lot of players pitched in to help pay. 

Then last night, I dreamed that I had hacked into Talan's computer and found a database of conversations of my known alts and others she suspected, and she was analysing the latter to find my alts via speech patterns. Not sure what to make of it.

@Shaddus It's ok- I dreamed that @Doman took me on a car ride, but he was wearing monk robes and using his feet to peddle/power the car. We were going for cake. 

Yabbadabbadoo? 
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Woke up with my coughing being quite painful now... go away stupid thing. Guess I'll be having another trip to the doc, this is getting annoying fast :(
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Shaddus said:
    ....crap
    Sorry XD

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."