General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Also she wanted you all to know she was strangled to death by her bra.
    Not kidding....

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Visiting family is such a dream. At least I now have enough to replace my dresser that's been broken for two years.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Just when you thought 2016 was finished killing off people. :(
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • My step-fam are always finding new ways to hurt my feelings and I just keep going back for more. *sigh*
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yep. When I'm in town visiting family, I try to split my time between my mom/step-dad and my dad/step-mom. Just spent all weekend with my mom in Houston. We have no plans for the evening or dinner and my dad calls me to see if I have plans. I say no and go hang out with him. My mom gets home from work and calls me. I'm at the hospital visiting my step-mom's dad. My mom says okay and how long are you planning to stay [with my dad]. I tell her.. dunno, few hours? She calls me again 3 hours later while we're watching a movie telling me that she's going to bed and basically that I should feel bad/guilty for bailing on her. "Are you planning to not come home?" etc. 

What? I literally just gaped at my phone wordlessly until she said she was hanging up. I then had to take a minute in the bathroom alone to compose myself and am still totally reeling though it's now hours later. She went out of her way to make sure I knew I was a bad person for like.... making other plans and not reading her mind. Cool. 

• Talan said:
    My step-fam are always finding new ways to hurt my feelings and I just keep going back for more. *sigh*
    My step-family were like that and I never had the confidence to stop them doing it, until they started to kick my children aside. So, I took a first step by ignoring one or two of them until they were all cut off. It's the best thing I have ever done and it gives you that confidence to say 'Enough.' Don't let them bring you down. Baby steps.

@Talan @Enyalida

Unrelated- Back in work for today, but off from tomorrow. Bah humbug.
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • My family all does that, I see them more than I see most of my friends but god help me if I spend more than five minutes with friends while I'm in my hometown. Clearly that time could be better spent being yelled at by family or being ignored by them or told I am not good enough compared to X, Y or Z. At least I'm no longer in contact with the family that believed I wasn't Portuguese enough to be family.

Family can be awful.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2016
    I had a stepmother that came from the frozen part of Hell, but luckily my whole family (including now divorced father) agrees.

• Vivet said:
    Today at the local grocery, I encountered a beer labelled "Dragon's Milk". Unfortunately, the family loaded me up with assorted booze for the holidays already and I couldn't pick it up. I was duly amused, however.
    There's a new superfood product made of coconut milk, ginger, and turmeric called "Golden Milk." I heard it advertised on the radio a couple of weeks ago and started giggling.

Clearly we need to put these two together for the ultimate Lusternia bombshot.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Yeah, I always doubletake at Dragon's Milk. 
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Vivet said:
    Today at the local grocery, I encountered a beer labelled "Dragon's Milk". Unfortunately, the family loaded me up with assorted booze for the holidays already and I couldn't pick it up. I was duly amused, however.
    I posted about getting some of this a little while back! I bought it as a joke and was pleasantly surprised. I like it, though the quality does seem to vary greatly between batches.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Affectionate yet clumsy cat resulted in multiple stinging gashes in my leg. You'd think he'd have understood the inflection in my voice when I urged him not to climb into my lap because he'd slip.

Ouch.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

I updated Elona+, and now the random money-finding events say "Lucky!" instead of my favorite bad translation, "What a luck!" This makes me sad. :disappointed: How dare they improve some of the botched English.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Oh no! :( They better not touch the bad translations in my hilarious phone otomes. "Send a Nice to Phoebus!" is one of my faves.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Sylandra said:
    Oh no! :( They better not touch the bad translations in my hilarious phone otomes. "Send a Nice to Phoebus!" is one of my faves.
    I'm not so sure that one's a bad translation! You can send people a "Nice" in some Pokemon games. It's basically a "Like," but not stepping on Facebook's toes.
  • Moving out of my boyfriend's (well, ex's I guess) place in the rain. Happy New year....

This month has been horrific but I have hope that next year will be better :)
  • This new years eve is going exactly as last year's did, boyfriend can't make it down again due to xyz excuse and I feel like a terrible person for being upset (because this visit was supposed to make up for the last couple missed), top off exhaustion from work, not sleeping well, pain and general anxiety. So glad to end the same way I started. Blah, heres to a new year and all the best to everyone because I give up on the rest of the night.

• I am very sick and it is misery. My throat is raw; it hurts to breathe. I am completely congested but still have a runny nose. My body aches all over. I am exhausted but when I try to sleep, I just wake myself up drowning in my own phlegm or coughing. The coughing is the worst of all. My head is a drum and every cough is a tremendous, resounding strike, and of course it's always twelve or thirty cough cough cough BOOM CRASH. I feel like I will break. The fever dreams are worrying... like the energy previously allocated for keeping me sane has now been redirected to healing me, and in the meantime I must just embrace the crazy. They are the kind of dreams where you have to 'wake up' from them several times to be really really awake, and even then, all the stuff in your room looks disproportionately sized in the moonlight.

I hope this is over soon, I am very unhappy. :(
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Cousins decided to bring 3 sick kids to Christmas. And by sick, I mean, double ear infections, flu, and roseaola. I spent two days afterward with a sinus disaster, pounding headach, and fever; and I'm still suffering from congestion and coughing.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Talan said:
    I am very sick and it is misery. My throat is raw; it hurts to breathe. I am completely congested but still have a runny nose. My body aches all over. I am exhausted but when I try to sleep, I just wake myself up drowning in my own phlegm or coughing. The coughing is the worst of all. My head is a drum and every cough is a tremendous, resounding strike, and of course it's always twelve or thirty cough cough cough BOOM CRASH. I feel like I will break. The fever dreams are worrying... like the energy previously allocated for keeping me sane has now been redirected to healing me, and in the meantime I must just embrace the crazy. They are the kind of dreams where you have to 'wake up' from them several times to be really really awake, and even then, all the stuff in your room looks disproportionately sized in the moonlight.

I hope this is over soon, I am very unhappy. :(
    Slice some fresh lemons, steep in boiled water, add fresh honey and lots of whiskey- Knock it all back. Paracetamol/Anadin extra, menthol sweets. Hope you get better soon. @Talan
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    edited January 2017
    !!! Except absolutely do not take alcohol and acetaminophen/tylenol at the same time, that's a fantastic way to shoot your liver. Particularly if you're taking large doses of tylenol !!!

edited January 2017
    Sounds like the flu. Call your GP if you have one, if not and things get worse/stay the same get yourself to a health clinic - but send someone ahead to get you a droplet mask to wear.

If it is the flu, they'd probably tell you to: Get tamiflu. Treat symptoms: Tylenol for fever - up to 4g per 24h but ehhhh keep it at 2ish if possible unless advised otherwise.  If you can't cough up the mucous use guaifenesin (mucinex). Menthol to numb the throat is a possibility, or any number of other things. IMO, I'd stay away from cough suppressants if you're having lots of mucous in the chest, but hey - if it's causing immense pain they might suggest one. Honey tea is helpful for the throat soreness, which is important because it helps you keep hydrated. It's hard to drink enough fluids to keep hydrated if swallowing is agony. 
  • Back to work tomorrow after the Crimbo period. Have to get the children up and to school, first, then to the childminder, then get myself to work. Husband is also back to work. #Firstworldproblems. Could be worse.