Simple Ideas

Comments

• Mrak said:
    I'd like the ability to hide myself from deathsight for a short period (5 minutes would probably be fine). It's for those times when I want to try something that will almost surely result in my death, but really don't want the whole world to know where I am and what I'm doing. It could even be restricted to deaths not caused by other players. This might be a nice wonder-item ability.

Could even make the ability power mask do that I guess. Its sort of the same vein, hiding you doing stuff.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    With the (long overdue and much appreciated) additions to AB, is there a chance we could get our current skill percentages printed out on the overall list? Tiny QoL thing, but it would make sense to me that, if we already know everything that's coming to us and when, we shouldn't need a mob to tell us where we stand.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    AB PERCENTAGES
  • SKILLS/AB/whatever else shows that skill list should just be changed to show the AB PERCENTAGES readout. There's not a lot of reason for the information to not just be there all the time.
  • Going the route Aetolia took with having skills obtained by a truefavour highlighted a different colour would be great.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Can earwort be able to grow somewhere else other than Earth? Like even underground or something.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Anita said:
    Can earwort be able to grow somewhere else other than Earth? Like even underground or something.
    Only if we can get faeleaf somewhere besides Ethereal.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Anita said:
    Can earwort be able to grow somewhere else other than Earth? Like even underground or something.
    Ethereal is a big place and you can escape easily enough. You can also go to Etherglom if you're allied to them or Etherseren if you're allied to them. Faeleaf is more easily available than earwort. 

Earth is harder to escape, anyone not allied or enemied to Magnagora [and their allies] has to try and sneak, only to find that all rooms have been harvested down to 6. I don't mind sneaking, this isn't my point. I just find it silly that one of the main herbs used is scarce.
  • I agree that both faeleaf and earwort should be available in neutral areas.
  • edited March 2017
    Where's the fun in that?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Even when I'm on someone who doesn't have to sneak on Earth, I hate the Mountains of Madness so much. I don't think adding a few more sources of earwort would hurt anyone. Faeleaf is less of an issue, but sure, no reason not to make that more available too. 
  • Won't this decrease the value of earwort? What's the point of playing a game if your not going to take some risks?
  • Shaddus said:
    Anita said:
    And merblooms off of Water?
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Because merbloom is such a valuable herb :D

• Somebody needs to tell the newbies that...
    Anita said:
    Shaddus said:
    Anita said:
    Ethereal is a big place and you can escape easily enough. You can also go to Etherglom if you're allied to them or Etherseren if you're allied to them. Faeleaf is more easily available than earwort. 

Earth is harder to escape, anyone not allied or enemied to Magnagora [and their allies] has to try and sneak, only to find that all rooms have been harvested down to 6. I don't mind sneaking, this isn't my point. I just find it silly that one of the main herbs used is scarce.
    All the gates on Ethereal can be distorted, and Ethereal has a fixed map. Earth is like a maze, randomly moves you around unless you're a Geomancer, and has a dock that you can dock a ship at, and run to/ascend out of if you get jumped.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited March 2017
    Ethereal gates aren't all distorted at once (unlike Earth Gates), and there are at minimum 5, with an archway that can't be distorted that leads to an ally's territory for escaping (unlike elemental) and there's also a dock on ethereal to escape to. It's easier to escape ethereal. 
  • edited March 2017
    There are plenty of exits to get off of Earth. If you change the location of earwort you're going to have to change a bunch of other herbs.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    All the Magnagorans out to argue against earwort being available anywhere else but a plane that could, in theory, remain constantly fluxed and distorted : ^)

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Rolsand said:
    There are plenty of exits to get off of Earth. If you change the location of earwort you're going to have to change a bunch of other herbs.
    Like which? And why? 
  • edited March 2017
    I did make it sound like there were numerous herbs that grow in enemy areas, but changing faeleaf and merbloom would still take a lot of time. Even if faeleaf grows in etherwilde/glom it's not considered to be a neutral area to all.
  • edited March 2017
    The problem you guys are stating is that there's not enough earwort. You can't expect there to be a endless supply of it while other players are constantly harvesting it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited March 2017
    Maligorn said:
    All the Magnagorans out to argue against earwort being available anywhere else but a plane that could, in theory, remain constantly fluxed and distorted : ^)
    What is distort going to do now?

I don't mind spreading herbs around to other places when they are in org territory, but it's way easier to harvest now that Magnagora can't lock the plane down.

Flux is a different matter, of course.

Edit: It did really irk me when herbs were locked on both Water and Earth behind near-perma-distort, as a note.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Vivet said:
    Literally no one would care if earwort were not the -only- cure for deafness. There are a lot of mobs that cause deafness, including a couple astral mobs.

A few months ago I simply asked for the Mountains of Madness to get expanded, because frankly the potential demand for earwort is waaaaay higher than merbloom, or arguably even faeleaf.

If that's not in the future, then just make something else capable of curing deafness too. It could be myrtle again, or dust, or whatever.

Did they remove myrtle as a cure?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Selenity said:
    Vivet said:
    Literally no one would care if earwort were not the -only- cure for deafness. There are a lot of mobs that cause deafness, including a couple astral mobs.

A few months ago I simply asked for the Mountains of Madness to get expanded, because frankly the potential demand for earwort is waaaaay higher than merbloom, or arguably even faeleaf.

If that's not in the future, then just make something else capable of curing deafness too. It could be myrtle again, or dust, or whatever.

Yes. I still don't know the argument for why this was necessary.
  • Vivet said:
    Selenity said:
    Vivet said:

There may have been concerns that since blindness and deafness were both cured by myrtle and now faeleaf and earwort are on different balances it would create a weird situation where you could eat myrtle intending to cure blindness using your dust balance but end up curing deafness instead using your steam balance instead.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Falaeron said:
    Vivet said:
    Selenity said:
    Vivet said:

There may have been concerns that since blindness and deafness were both cured by myrtle and now faeleaf and earwort are on different balances it would create a weird situation where you could eat myrtle intending to cure blindness using your dust balance but end up curing deafness instead using your steam balance instead.
    That is actually good to know! It makes sense and would explain why we still have "apply healing to head" as a cure for blindness.

However, it doesn't change what I feel is the real core issue.

Faeleaf can be planted in:

Ethereal Serenwilde
    Ethereal Faethorn
    Ethereal Glomdoring
    Wydyr Glade
    Possibly Mornhai (I can't actually confirm this one, I'd need to check)

Compare that to the absolutely puny and pathetic Mountains of Madness and it might be easy to see how any herbalist who isn't simply harvesting for themselves might find this annoying.

You can't even plant earwort in the rooms with the Earth Lords. Like, really? Why?

Vivet said:
    Falaeron said:
    Vivet said:
    Selenity said:
    Vivet said:

That is actually good to know! It makes sense and would explain why we still have "apply healing to head" as a cure for blindness.

However, it doesn't change what I feel is the real core issue.

Faeleaf can be planted in:

Ethereal Serenwilde
    Ethereal Faethorn
    Ethereal Glomdoring
    Wydyr Glade
    Possibly Mornhai (I can't actually confirm this one, I'd need to check)

Compare that to the absolutely puny and pathetic Mountains of Madness and it might be easy to see how any herbalist who isn't simply harvesting for themselves might find this annoying.

You can't even plant earwort in the rooms with the Earth Lords. Like, really? Why?

It's indoors in a small castle?