Simple Ideas

Comments

• waystations as landmarks.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    And give Fire ghost peppers, eat (and take herb balance) for the warmth defense.
  • Maligorn said:
    I think the Blasted Lands would be the best fit, but sure, put earwort on Air : ^)
    Blasted Lands is for wormwood, you imaginer of heathen things.
  • I think aether stuff could be a viable city ministry - let cities properly own ships and have that minister be the main ship wrangler. It's a big facet of the game that most people don't know much about, and making it a formal ministry would make it easier for people to learn and organize.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    People can learn about that stuff at any time of their choosing. Just because people get caught with their metaphorical pants around their metaphorical ankles when Stuff Happens, and they aren't ready, doesn't mean it needs to be a bigger thing imo. It's up to the individual to reach out if they find they're lacking info, no need to put the onus on someone else via another unnecessary ministry.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Breandryn said:
    I think aether stuff could be a viable city ministry - let cities properly own ships and have that minister be the main ship wrangler. It's a big facet of the game that most people don't know much about, and making it a formal ministry would make it easier for people to learn and organize.
    This kind of exists already. Steward manages all city clans/manses - and aetherships are manses. That is basically my primary function as Steward. Even if they don't have a whistle, they can reassign city ships to be "owned" by a citizen who does.

They already have the most important tools for the job, just start treating them that way!

• Right, but that's juggling the system around to make things work. If something is front and center, people are more likely to go "Hmm, what's that's Aethercraft ministry about?" and then go off and do lots of that individual learning. A ministry doesn't remove responsibility for self-education, but instead formally recognizes it as something to go learn and get involved in, and provides a central person to report back to. 
  • It is also up to the organisation to inform people about the various ways they can help their organisation and give them the support they need to learn how to contribute. Same goes for any other system in the game, like revolts and domoths.
  • - It would be great if we had the choice whether a worn artifact shows up in your description or not. As it is, you have to wear them to get the benefit, but it just looks silly if you run around wearing both boots -and- sandals (as an example). I know there is a cloak that hides -all- clothing but that's not it either, because some clothes I want to be seen. I think as a player you should get a choice. It would help the arr-pee appearance of your char if not everyone was a walking christmas tree.

- It would be even hugely better if you had that choice for -every- item, regardless if it's an arti or not. But arties at least would be a good start. :/
  • Aesyra said:
    - It would be great if we had the choice whether a worn artifact shows up in your description or not. As it is, you have to wear them to get the benefit, but it just looks silly if you run around wearing both boots -and- sandals (as an example). I know there is a cloak that hides -all- clothing but that's not it either, because some clothes I want to be seen. I think as a player you should get a choice. It would help the arr-pee appearance of your char if not everyone was a walking christmas tree.

- It would be even hugely better if you had that choice for -every- item, regardless if it's an arti or not. But arties at least would be a good start. :/
    Isn't there a new invisibility rune arti, or is that only for clothing items?

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ianir said:
    Aesyra said:
    - It would be great if we had the choice whether a worn artifact shows up in your description or not. As it is, you have to wear them to get the benefit, but it just looks silly if you run around wearing both boots -and- sandals (as an example). I know there is a cloak that hides -all- clothing but that's not it either, because some clothes I want to be seen. I think as a player you should get a choice. It would help the arr-pee appearance of your char if not everyone was a walking christmas tree.

It's funny you say this... Stay tuned
     Much anticipation for this (as well as other) upcoming projects.

Thanks for giving the forums a headsup, was unsure if this was a raveable yet. :)
    I've been waiting for something of this sort for a long time too.
    Oh, a random thought here.

Astral probably doesn't need a buff of any sort, but it'd be neat if we could energylink astral nodes to pump our reserves into them. Would let you prop a node back up if it's been drained, but others have not. Could have some sort of special side effect that goes with this (maybe a sudden insanity spike).

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Random spitball in that direction: every 5 power spent on Astral puts a point of power into a pool that trickles back into the node on that sphere an hour later. If the pool reaches an arbitrary number, it contributes to the node regeneration rate. If it gets over a certain amount it makes the node recharge faster than it ought to, even with that boost already accounted for.
  • Ianir said:
    Aesyra said:

It's funny you say this... Stay tuned

This sounds like I could trade in my 14 runes of hiding??
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    If you could check the current TUNING status of your *mancy staff, that'd be really cool. I can never know if I left it on 100 cold or 100 electricity.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Maligorn said:
    If you could check the current TUNING status of your *mancy staff, that'd be really cool. I can never know if I left it on 100 cold or 100 electricity.
    I seem to remember that you can, but I'm not online. Does WP STAFF show it?
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Phoebus said:
    Maligorn said:
    I seem to remember that you can, but I'm not online. Does WP STAFF show it?
    Oh whaaaat. Thanks Phoebus!

9800h|100%, 9800m|100%, 7800e|106%, 10p exbk- <60.94m>wp staff
    It is tuned to do 100% cold damage.
    Upon the base of the staff are glowing runes.
    A spellcrafted hexangle etching glows upon the staff.
    A spellcrafted pentangle etching glows upon the staff.
    It has a Great Rune of Superior Enchantment attached to it (#204293).

• You sense the following people:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         Aetakyla - Blighted Anew, Aetakyla                        (shadowed woods)
        Avurekhos - Damned Avurekhos Feyranti, Crimson  (library of the Dark Fates)
            Caleb - Sir Caleb Luminare                          (the Pool of Stars)
          Fayette - Fayette, Spring Blossom                   (the Cave of Harmony)
            Mirel - Dedicant Mirel, of the Hart                          (farmyard)
          Ordassa - Junior Fellow Ordassa                (the Moonhart Mother Tree)
          Tylwyth - Darach Tylwyth, Keeper of the  (Alabaster Road through the ...)
           Urdnot - Serenguard Urdnot Strongleaf         (the Moonhart Mother Tree)
        Versalean - Versalean                                (the Enigmatic Stairs)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (*) Currently, there are 9 Lusternians on this plane and 31 on other planes.

standard who view. change the summary at the end to this:

Currently, there are X Lusternians visible and X cloaked  on this plane and 31 on other planes.

same for QW.

game does not feel empty
  • If you want to do that it should only work on prime.  Part of the idea of the gem is that people won't know you're snooping around on their plane.  It woudn't be so hard to figure out if who showed that some unknown interloper was running around doing nefarious deeds.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Ciaran said:
    If you want to do that it should only work on prime.  Part of the idea of the gem is that people won't know you're snooping around on their plane.  It woudn't be so hard to figure out if who showed that some unknown interloper was running around doing nefarious deeds.
    how about:

Currently, there are X Lusternians visible on this plane, and X cloaked and 31 on other planes.
    total X awake in the basin.

• Ordassa said:
    Ciaran said:
    If you want to do that it should only work on prime.  Part of the idea of the gem is that people won't know you're snooping around on their plane.  It woudn't be so hard to figure out if who showed that some unknown interloper was running around doing nefarious deeds.
    how about:

Currently, there are X Lusternians visible on this plane, and X cloaked and 31 on other planes.

Why not just take away the plane aspect totally.

There are 60 Lusternians in Lusternian 15 of which are cloaked. Then it doesn't matter about the plane stuff at all. I'm not even sure why we need to worry about the plane aspect at all.
  • Ordassa said:
    Ciaran said:
    how about:

I'm pretty sure cloaked people count in the on other planes count.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I think you got your wish, or am I just daft?

You can not sense a single person.
    There are 53 people in Lusternia.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Aesyra said:
    I think you got your wish, or am I just daft?

You can not sense a single person.
    There are 53 people in Lusternia.

That's the line if you sense nobody on your plane at all, if you go to a plane with people it splits them up still.

PS: The forums gave me a "spam block" warning for trying to reply to you, apparently this post counted as >5 posts within 60 seconds or something and gave me a two-minute timeout.  That sure shows me.
  • Ah, thanks! Interesting, somehow I never noticed.

And don't blow up the forums. We still have need of them. :tongue: