Simple Ideas

Comments

• They need role docking for that, IMO.
    email: martin@pharanyx.net
    Discord: Pharanyx#4357
  • Orventa said:
    Veyils said:
    Orventa said:
    Random thought: Current guildleaders could get an Honours line for ' was the final <position name> of the <Guild> in modern times.'

I'm not a massive fan of this. There's already a bit of meta gaming going around with folks rushing to guild honours people before the guilds vanish.
    Hrmm, ok then how about something like the honours line for surviving the rise of <souless> for everyone, but guild specific? Just something commemorative would be nice.

That sounds ok.
  • I've used the bank in Lusty twice. With theft being Not Okay, I'm struggling to see the point other than for orgs. The biggest thing that made me nope out of the bank system was having to run back and withdraw money when cheap credits went up. I tried it unsuccessfully a few times before realising that other people with millions of gold in their packs had F-macros.

If you could buy credits from the market directly from your bank account, I would consider using it again.
  • Versalean said:
    I've used the bank in Lusty twice. With theft being Not Okay, I'm struggling to see the point other than for orgs. The biggest thing that made me nope out of the bank system was having to run back and withdraw money when cheap credits went up. I tried it unsuccessfully a few times before realising that other people with millions of gold in their packs had F-macros.

If you could buy credits from the market directly from your bank account, I would consider using it again.
    Just wait for the next class! Thief! With stealing being okayed from then on. Making banks relevant, whatever the cost.
  • Versalean said:
    I've used the bank in Lusty twice. With theft being Not Okay, I'm struggling to see the point other than for orgs. The biggest thing that made me nope out of the bank system was having to run back and withdraw money when cheap credits went up. I tried it unsuccessfully a few times before realising that other people with millions of gold in their packs had F-macros.

There's no point in using the bank at all anymore. It used to be that you'd drop gold that you held in your hands when you died. Also used to be that people tried to pooka you to take your gold from your pack before killing you.

Since all of that is no longer the case it's really pointless. There's no way you can lose your gold now if you just carry it around... so why bother with a bank?
  • On a similar vein, why is Selfishness?
  • Aesyra said:
    Versalean said:

There's no point in using the bank at all anymore. It used to be that you'd drop gold that you held in your hands when you died. Also used to be that people tried to pooka you to take your gold from your pack before killing you.

Since all of that is no longer the case it's really pointless. There's no way you can lose your gold now if you just carry it around... so why bother with a bank?
    They are used for donations/sales for/by guilds and orgs
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's worth noting that there isn't a functional tax on gold in the organizational sense. That 2% of gold isn't taken out of the game, it goes into national coffers when the steward or leader runs a command.  It's basically a set national tax. 
  • edited April 2017
    meh
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Versalean said:
    On a similar vein, why is Selfishness?
    That was, IIRC to prevent you from dropping cloths, there was an affliction that would make you undress and drop your cloths, and Selfishness meant you hung on to the clothing instead. Atleast that was what I remember being told when I first started the game. 
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• You can still force people to throw you their weapons if they don't have selfishness up so its kind of a basic combat defense against a cheap tactic.
  • Selenity said:

Someone whose character wants an easy way to give her kids an allowance.
    GIVE <#> GOLD TO <KID>
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Falaeron said:
    Selenity said:

GIVE <#> GOLD TO <KID>
    Except if I'm not logged in when they are. And I don't necessarily want to send it by mail either.

I promise you this is not a game-breaking idea. It's perfectly safe to be put into the game, so long as you can only deposit into people's accounts and not withdraw, and that it can't be commanded.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You can put gold into letters and send it in the mail too. 

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Enyalida said:
    You can put gold into letters and send it in the mail too. 

I literally said right before you posted that... that I don't necessarily want to send it that way either.
  • For people who choose to play a text game...
  • Taer said:
    They need role docking for that, IMO.
    I disagree. I was one of the people who pushed for guild honors over the past few months, one for Steingrim for his long service and one for Shuyin for his work as an envoy. We firmly believe they deserved those, and were simply overlooked before this final pressure. Sorry, @Shuyin, that you didn't yours. :( Things happened way too fast at the end!

Selenity said:
    Can we get a better banking system, @Ianir? I know you've been VERY busy but throwing this thought out there.

If we're going to have a penalty on withdrawal, we should also have an incentive to put our money in the bank in the first place. Perhaps a 0.01% gain every IG year or something on the gold you put in? Or removing the withdrawal fee, alternatively...

Additionally, we currently can't (to the best of my knowledge) deposit money into an account for another player, which I tried to do. You also cannot put money into your own account and transfer it to somebody else's account.

Sincerely,

Aetolia tried this. I'm currently banned and earning like 200k gold an IG year just from having money in the bank before I was banned. Interest is a very bad idea (I think they are reverting it) because it's basically free money.

That being said, I used to appropriate bank funds to city coffers all the time in Aet and it was hundreds of thousands every few months. I know from Steingrim that amount is staggeringly low here (like a thousand gold or less), so it's clear nobody uses banks. 

Some ideas for incentives:

•  Autopay shop taxes
    •  Purchases credits from market. Even better if you have an autopurchase option if money in bank and credits for sale hits your threshhold. As someone who often sells credits for quick cash, I'd love to just be able to pop them up and have people auto-buy, so there is appeal from both sides for this
    •  Have goop fees come from bank
    •  Deposit for others. Not just for Selenity's idea, this is also very useful for city ministers if we can deposit from x city account, especially if you are doing regular payouts - in Avalon, I'd run a script to just add x gold to people's bank accounts each week based on city service. Easy easy easy
    • Transfers between accounts (personal --> personal, personal --> org, etc)
    • RP-ish, but tiers of discounts from city NPCs and different reactions based on how rich they think you are because of bank account size

• Breandryn said:
    •  Purchases credits from market. Even better if you have an autopurchase option if money in bank and credits for sale hits your threshhold. As someone who often sells credits for quick cash, I'd love to just be able to pop them up and have people auto-buy, so there is appeal from both sides for this
    Pretty please!
  • edited April 2017
    Tirah said:
    Versalean said:

Just wait for the next class! Thief! With stealing being okayed from then on. Making banks relevant, whatever the cost.
    I quite like theft not being a thing in Lusternia, thankyouverymuch.

Also, I've already found hard it to spread my lessons among all the skills for the few specific abilities I "need" within them. Have to have this, have to have that. I don't want to "have" to have selfishness as well. :unamused:
  • Breandryn said:
    I'm currently banned and earning like 200k gold an IG year just from having money in the bank before I was banned.
    Didn't they remove the interest mechanic like last year sometime? Pretty much for this reason, with wanting to cut down the amount of gold that's being generated IG.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Maybe. That's why I said I think it was reverted. I've not been there in a while.
  • How easy would it be for Ministries to have their own aether [and newsboard]?

I think for the likes of the Ministry of Education, Security, Power, Cultural Affairs, Librarian(?) would probably benefit from such with having a good few aides. That way keeping in touch with all aides and opening the method of communication where all can speak/post, rather than the Minister having to go around individually or trying to get meetings together. We can talk on an aether and do whatever we'd usually be doing other than meetings all the time.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    What's wrong with the council clan. Or just buy a clan.
  • Anita said:
    How easy would it be for Ministries to have their own aether [and newsboard]?

I think for the likes of the Ministry of Education, Security, Power, Cultural Affairs, Librarian(?) would probably benefit from such with having a good few aides. That way keeping in touch with all aides and opening the method of communication where all can speak/post, rather than the Minister having to go around individually or trying to get meetings together. We can talk on an aether and do whatever we'd usually be doing other than meetings all the time.
    @Anita
     I was thinking this too, and then I remembered CGTS for Collegium, so that helps Ministry of Education at least!

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • In another game I played, the city did have a ministry clan. But then, Lusternia has a lot more in it, like aetherhunting, aetherflares, defense (since we don't have coded armies), trade cartels, etc that all use clans, and from what I've heard, leaders are already maxed out on clan slots.

Which makes me wonder, could we not have an increased standard clan slot allowance? Since so many things require clans, compared to other games, it seems we should start with a slightly higher cap.
  • There's loads of clans as is, we'd have to make sure we have a clan slot, and then make sure all the aides have a clan slot, too. It can get messy, and someone might get missed.